Resident Evil Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure this counts as a Resident Evil custom but I made it for my Res Hot Toys so I figured I'd share anyway.

Since they come with quite a few weapons they should have a place to put them :D

59719992_photobucket_6676_.jpg

That looks awesome! How did you make it? I would love something like this for my RE display.

The way I made it needs some tweaking lol.

Here is how you should make it :D

Go to Micheal's Craft Supplies and get a sheet of Darice mesh from the yarn section. Then, probably in the same isle, look for jewelery wire in a roll. I used 12ga. i think and it worked well. 16ga. might be better though and easier to work with.

Now the frame is the important part. I used some plastic telephone poles from a TMNT playset from back in the day just because I had them sitting around. I would suggest getting some wooden dowel rods though. Round ones or rectangular pieces will work, just depends how much work you want to put into it.

Now build the uprights with the pieces of wood and cut the Darice mesh to the size you want. Now you'll notice that the mesh is rather flexible and it will NOT be able to support all the weapons with having the top and bottom framed as well. You can see in my picture that the bottom is bowing a bit. I ran out of material to support the bottom .

Before you attach the mesh to the frame you should paint the frame to your liking. To attach the mesh I used black zip ties and all sides.

Use that jewelery wire to make the gun holders. Some needle-nose pliers will come in handy especially if you get a larger gauge wire. Form the wire so the guns are secure but can still be removed easily. You want to make little "hooks" on the gun holders so they can slide into the mesh. Once you get all the guns in place pinch these hooks so they can't slide out accidentally and you are finished!

Wow...that ended up being way more detailed than I had planned lol. Hope it helps! :D

Not sure this counts as a Resident Evil custom but I made it for my Res Hot Toys so I figured I'd share anyway.

Since they come with quite a few weapons they should have a place to put them :D

59719992_photobucket_6676_.jpg

Very cool Nick! I need to do something like that. I had to put most of the weapons from my RE figures back in their card cause they were taking up too much space on my shelf.

The way I made it needs some tweaking lol.

Here is how you should make it :D

Go to Micheal's Craft Supplies and get a sheet of Darice mesh from the yarn section. Then, probably in the same isle, look for jewelery wire in a roll. I used 12ga. i think and it worked well. 16ga. might be better though and easier to work with.

Now the frame is the important part. I used some plastic telephone poles from a TMNT playset from back in the day just because I had them sitting around. I would suggest getting some wooden dowel rods though. Round ones or rectangular pieces will work, just depends how much work you want to put into it.

Now build the uprights with the pieces of wood and cut the Darice mesh to the size you want. Now you'll notice that the mesh is rather flexible and it will NOT be able to support all the weapons with having the top and bottom framed as well. You can see in my picture that the bottom is bowing a bit. I ran out of material to support the bottom .

Before you attach the mesh to the frame you should paint the frame to your liking. To attach the mesh I used black zip ties and all sides.

Use that jewelery wire to make the gun holders. Some needle-nose pliers will come in handy especially if you get a larger gauge wire. Form the wire so the guns are secure but can still be removed easily. You want to make little "hooks" on the gun holders so they can slide into the mesh. Once you get all the guns in place pinch these hooks so they can't slide out accidentally and you are finished!

Wow...that ended up being way more detailed than I had planned lol. Hope it helps! :D

Thank! I'm definitely gonna try my hand at making one. It's so much better then just lying the weapons on the shelf.

need a lit help

can anyone recommended a head sculpt for rebecca chambers im trying to base it off this look
iydf.jpg

Rebecca has a very distinctive face and it's pretty hard to find a generic 1/6 female head that really matches correctly. Believe me, I tried. I think I'd agree with Buttmunch on this one. If you have sculpting skills, maybe you could sculpt some hair on her to more closely match Rebecca's style.

lol i thought the same

Yeah, HT's Jill Valentine :lol

going to try it out hopefully i dont mess it up

Rebecca has a very distinctive face and it's pretty hard to find a generic 1/6 female head that really matches correctly. Believe me, I tried. I think I'd agree with Buttmunch on this one. If you have sculpting skills, maybe you could sculpt some hair on her to more closely match Rebecca's style.

ok need critics here i started to sculpt more hair on the jil sculpt heres the wips pics

DSCN2046.jpg

Looks good so far. I've actually been contemplating buying an extra Jill head an sculpting the hair to resemble how it looked in Remake,3 UC etc. What are you using for sculpting material?

im using super sculpty i thought about doing the same but my re3 jill is a long ways to go

Looks good so far. I've actually been contemplating buying an extra Jill head an sculpting the hair to resemble how it looked in Remake,3 UC etc. What are you using for sculpting material?

the top? you mean the very top or the sides where the bangs are
You're on the right track but it needs to be a lot less on top.
thanks
Agreed^^^^

Back