Resident Evil Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't take stock in allegations like that ever, more often than not it's twisted to make whoever they're attacking look bad. Same thing happened with Vic Mignonia and it was all a bunch of ******** because bulma's va got pissed he wouldn't date her, and it ruined everybody's careerers. All a bunch of pearl clutching about things people only care about because it makes them look good, not a fan of that kinda stuff.

I personally don't mind him breaking NDA, means we get to voice concerns about the design or otherwise. Dan Southworth accidentally broke NDA at a power rangers meet and revealed DMCV years early, and it was great that he did, guys are real passionate about their work. Prior to that me and a couple of die hards were the only ones convinced it was coming at all.

I also never really cared much for any of the VA's in resident evil just as long as they sounded good, the exceptions being Silverstein as Hunk and Wesker because they just sound so perfect. It'd be like that abomination of DR4 where they replaced my man TJ Rotolo with some literal who. His performance was too solid to get rid of him, and if they did get rid of him again for a DR remake, it'd need to be somebody REAL special.

I am honestly not a huge fan of his haircut, but I think it'll look better in game, I love it and hate it, honestly it's basically just RE6 China Leon's outfit isn't it? It's mostly there, but I feel like it's missing something. Not sure what though. Maybe I'm just getting old or something, but I feel the same about all his suit outfits.
It's not just hearsay. There's proof DC is speaking out of his ass, with the most damning piece of evidence being his claims a journalist cleared him of said allegations. The journalist (who writes for Rely on Horror) admitted on Twitter she didn't push her investigation further, because DC himself was pestering her to the point she felt too uncomfortable to carry on. Yet he sites her "findings" as evidence his victims are coming up with bs. Victims who include former friends and partners.

Sorry, I'm not well informed on the Vic situation; I don't even watch anime that much anymore. However, I have met Dan, and while he was loving and down to earth, he kept it at a professional level with everyone. He was also sober. Same thing can't be said about DC, who shows up to conventions drunk and gets touchy with young fans. Dan also hasn't shared confidential artwork with fans, as far as we know. There's a difference between having a slip of the tongue and straight up sharing files you've been entrusted with, which have 'CONFIDENTIAL' written on them.

403F45CD-261F-427C-8951-27AAE38C1336.jpeg

I just saw the RE movie, I can't believe I would see Hunk open fire on chief Iron's car while "anyway you want it" played. How the hell was this made?

I just saw the RE movie, I can't believe I would see Hunk open fire on chief Iron's car while "anyway you want it" played. How the hell was this made?
Guess I'll have to remember ProA's non-response next time I'm feeling sociable and friendly.

Anyway I liked that bit only because I'm a fan of Journey 😁 I think the worst bits of WtRC were every time a zombie had an opportunity to attack but didn't. Happened with the first 3 zombies IIRC; the chick who gets hit by the truck, gets up with Claire's back turned, yet walks away from an easy snack and back into the woods, the second zombie I don't remember but the 3rd was the crow that should have attacked Albert, yet stood in front of him like an exhibit at the zoo.

🥰 Have you thought of building this Claire?
View attachment 549420
I'd like to try it myself when I'm better at sewing.
I saw your message and was going to reply but I get distracted very easily and I simply forgot. 😅 my apologies. 😁 as for that Claire look maybe in the future but not in my mind, I scrapped the whole red biker suit look since I wasn’t to happy with it, maybe I’ll revisit some of those alt costumes but focusing on putting together an Elza Walker instead. Once again my apologies someone it’ll just posts and I’ll check back the next day or so.

I saw your message and was going to reply but I get distracted very easily and I simply forgot. 😅 my apologies. 😁 as for that Claire look maybe in the future but not in my mind, I scrapped the whole red biker suit look since I wasn’t to happy with it, maybe I’ll revisit some of those alt costumes but focusing on putting together an Elza Walker instead. Once again my apologies someone it’ll just posts and I’ll check back the next day or so.
Don't apologize. It's no problem. I'm just extra bitchy today because I got my second covid shot and I'm feeling sick now. lol I'm sorry if I offended you.

I finished my first custom recently actually; Claire Redfield based on one of her concept arts from OGRE2. You'll have to forgive my sketchy, ghetto setup. I don't have the best place to take photos.
IMG_20211208_011800479.jpg
IMG_20211208_011833257.jpg

Based on this.
Early4.jpg

Not 100% accurate but I'm satisfied with it at the moment.

Don't apologize. It's no problem. I'm just extra bitchy today because I got my second covid shot and I'm feeling sick now. lol I'm sorry if I offended you.

I finished my first custom recently actually; Claire Redfield based on one of her concept arts from OGRE2. You'll have to forgive my sketchy, ghetto setup. I don't have the best place to take photos.
View attachment 549523View attachment 549524
Based on this.
View attachment 549525

Good stuff I like this alot!!!

A little bit tldr, but here's my thoughts on the movie.
Well after being vocal here about not giving a single penny to the new RE movie, after watching many reviews, I decided to go ahead and watch it with an open mind.
I actually watched many of the reviews with spoilers since I thought I wasnt gonna watch it anyway. And many many reviews I saw start of as, I'm a fan, been playing the game since the beginning, etc. Basically...like me.
At first, when just about every reviews I saw trashed the movie, I figured, I was right about skipping it. But after really paying attention to a lot of the reviews, the biggest cardinal sin it did was that the characters were not who they are except for Chris. But aside from the characters not who they're supposed to be, Most reviewers also had a lot of good things to say about it. And some said, if you're a fan, its worth it at least to give it a try. So I did.

So, what do I think? I actually like it a lot. lol.
I came into the theater, and had to step away from being a fan.
Besides being an RE fan, I'm also a fan of horror movies in general, and this has a lot of elements I like about it.
I do love scary movies that takes a while to build up. Not just constant kill here, kill there, slasher movies. One of the things reviewers didnt like about the movie, was that they thought the movie was very slow paced, and I disagree. I thought it had a good build up until it got things finally start getting tense in the end.
The music, cinematography, was great. Really loved seeing the mansion, RPD, etc brought to the big screen.
And even the town...I thought I was gonna hate it cause Racoon city was a big city in the games, and the town here being small,
Racoon city here reminded me of the movie "30 days of night". A small isolated town that's dark and gloomy.

And the characters...if you step away as a fan...are likable. Like I said, they're not who they're supposed to be, but I thought the interactions of characters were done well.
I like Claire's interactions with Chris, Chris being in love with Jill but she's more in love with Wesker, etc. And Chris actually seems like he really admire
Wesker as his leader.
And honestly, I like this Wesker. Even as an RE fan, I've always thought the videogame Wesker was a cliche villain. Like Sephiroth of Final Fantasy, He's the big bad villain of RE.
Here, they humanized him more. He's not the big bad villain, and just someone who made the wrong selfish reason, but even regrets it. I actually really liked this Wesker. And like I said, if you're a big big fan and expect him to be the Game Wesker, you would be disappointed. But if you step away as fan, his character in the movie was likable.
Let's get the elephant out of the room. Leon. My second Hot toys ever was HT RE4 Leon. This is not the same Leon. I never once thought...yeah, I can see a little of bit Leon. No, not at all.
But I guess the biggest comparison I can compare this to, is Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne. As a huge Batman fan, even when I thought 89 Batman or Batman Returns was the greatest thing since sliced bread, I never...and even to this day, thought Michael Keaton is Bruce Wayne. But I love Michael Keaton, I and admire him as an actor, so I just accepted the fact that he's playing this character, and enjoyed the movie. Up until Ben Affleck, I thought Keaton was the best as Batman, but not as Bruce Wayne. My idealised version of Bruce Wayne is far far from Keaton's portrayal and looks of Bruce Wayne.

Leon in this movie is the same, he doesnt act or look anything like the video game character. But his character is likable...its just that...he's not Leon Kennedy of the videogame. And if you step away from being a fan, the movie character is likable.
I know...kinda feels weird writing this cause my biggest gripe from videogame or comicbook movie is miscast.

I'm glad I watched many of the spoiler reviews so I know what to expect. I think this is one of those rare rare moments, where it helps getting to know spoilers, so you would know what to expect. I do think had I not known what to expect, I probably would have Hated this movie with a passion.
But knowing what I need to know before seeing the movie, and judging the movie as a horror movie, set in the Resident Evil universe...as a popcorn flick to enjoy to watch on a weekend...Yeah, lol. I did enjoy the movie.

@dycegamez Thank you! I appreciate it.

@Remy I felt the same way. Was annoyed at the start of WtRC, but once I stopped viewing it as a RE movie, and more as a standalone horror, I began to enjoy it. While it does a lot of wrong, there's still some good enough to make the movie a watchable experience.

I disagree with you on Albert. I think his video game counterpart is human enough. Think of Heisenberg from RE8 and how he's desperate to free himself from Miranda. Albert is the same; Umbrella has monitored his entire life, and when he finally sees an opportunity to take back control, he doesn't look twice to discard his own humanity in exchange. I think we've all felt that hopeless at some point in our lives. He may not be openly expressive in the games, but there's more depth to his character, especially if you read any supplementary material like his reports. Tom Hopper's Albert was just some corrupt cop. I found him boring, saved only by Tom's nice "assets" 👀 lol

View attachment 549523View attachment 549524
Based on this.
View attachment 549525

None taken. ☺️ I sometimes forget that this thread is still active at times. I hope you’re feeling better.

Nice that looks really good! Wish I could get into some more alt costumes but idk if a lot would recognize them I would probably want Claire alt costume from the N64 version but can’t tell much about the outfit or what’s she’s supposed to be. It’s always nice to see some new customs and pics.

1A1E6B32-0CC5-4E78-AB74-EE34765BCA2B.jpeg
98B8B819-C440-448C-B529-47C41A96B728.jpeg

Might redo my second apocalypse Alice and get extinction Alice the right goggles and maybe hunt down another HT Alice sculpt and get this Alice going:

DAFBB10D-0349-4B35-A9F2-62E4FEC0AED4.jpeg

@Remy I felt the same way. Was annoyed at the start of WtRC, but once I stopped viewing it as a RE movie, and more as a standalone horror, I began to enjoy it. While it does a lot of wrong, there's still some good enough to make the movie a watchable experience.

I disagree with you on Albert. I think his video game counterpart is human enough. Think of Heisenberg from RE8 and how he's desperate to free himself from Miranda. Albert is the same; Umbrella has monitored his entire life, and when he finally sees an opportunity to take back control, he doesn't look twice to discard his own humanity in exchange. I think we've all felt that hopeless at some point in our lives. He may not be openly expressive in the games, but there's more depth to his character, especially if you read any supplementary material like his reports. Tom Hopper's Albert was just some corrupt cop. I found him boring, saved only by Tom's nice "assets" 👀 lol
Understandable. much like how I originally felt about Leon, I can see how many people would hate this version of Wesker as well. With all the bad reviews I've seen, I think the two main issues were how Leon and Wesker was portrayed.

I think the Wesker change worked for me cause although I like the videogame character, I really didnt know a lot of his back story to fully understand the him. So for me, playing the videogames, I just know him as the main villain in RE games.
But I can see how many people would hate it cause like Leon, its a far departure from their videogame counterpart.
I feel like had this movie been based on Resident Evil Outbreak, where the actors are playing non main RE characters and some random people's perspective of escaping the Racoon incident, It would have been outstanding movie.
But I can see how financially, that may seem like a bad move also, cause most people would also get upset to hear they're finally rebooting the RE movie, and the main characters are non main RE characters, who fans dont even know. So I can see how you have to make it the main characters.
And I can see the director's objective of trying to make a movie where for fans, its not a predictable movie. You might say, he changed the game, storywise, but followed the rules on how the game progresses.
And I also like the zombies here. I know a lot of critique was some talk, but I've already seen too many walking dead episodes, it was a good change for me to see them not the same, and they, being also to still think made them more creepy.

I also agree with you, that the movie though also has other flaws, But I feel that the positive aspects of the movie was enough to make me enjoy the movie.
I really enjoyed the interactions of the characters, which was the big surprise for me. I thought the actors did well for me, I was worried there were gonna be a lot of bad acting which was what I was expecting. I even like this version of Chief Irons. I thought he was very funny.

Last edited:
I feel like they were going with this expression, but it somehow got lost in translation.
The outfit looks pretty decent though.

View attachment 549632

Also, how's this for a Hot Toys Alice? It must be a new release. lol

View attachment 549633
Yeah, lol. That’s why I’m hiding the sculpt until I find a HT sculpt for sale.

and, woah! Lol the figure itself is still available for a reasonable price.

I feel like they were going with this expression, but it somehow got lost in translation.
The outfit looks pretty decent though.

View attachment 549632

Also, how's this for a Hot Toys Alice? It must be a new release. lol

View attachment 549633
I've considered getting this and the Clone fig before, but SWToys' Milla headsculpts always look meh. The best ones have been from VeryCool (which are impossible to find) and Poptoys' Saint Knight set.

@Remy Yeah, I think a show based on RE Outbreak would work well, yet we're getting whatever is going on with Lance Reddick's RE thing....

I've considered getting this and the Clone fig before, but SWToys' Milla headsculpts always look meh. The best ones have been from VeryCool (which are impossible to find) and Poptoys' Saint Knight set.
I had no idea about the Poptoys or VC sculpts (so I googled them lol). I like the Poptoys sculpted short hair version. It seems like it had a really nice paint application. Shame it can't be found anymore.
I purchased the Kumik 13-89 sculpt awhile back, which I want to try and re-hair eventually. And touch up the paint a little here an there.
The biggest downside with the Kumik sculpt is that it looks almost too big for most bodies.

HOT-FIGURE-TOY-1-6-headplay-Milla-Jovovich-Resident-Evil-headsculpt-Alice-Free-Shipping.jpg

An Alice style re-hair on the Kumik 15-6 might also be interesting.

Njy0Fhq6z6EVXao.jpg

I had no idea about the Poptoys or VC sculpts (so I googled them lol). I like the Poptoys sculpted short hair version. It seems like it had a really nice paint application. Shame it can't be found anymore.
I purchased the Kumik 13-89 sculpt awhile back, which I want to try and re-hair eventually. And touch up the paint a little here an there.
The biggest downside with the Kumik sculpt is that it looks almost too big for most bodies.

View attachment 549665

An Alice style re-hair on the Kumik 15-6 might also be interesting.

View attachment 549668
Not a fan of the Kumik ones tbh. The blonde one is too "teethy"/gapped-toothed for Milla. If anyone's looking for more Milla heads, rattlesnaketoys sells the short-haired Poptoys head. Machinegun-figures has one left of the long-haired version. I've owned the short-haired version and it looked great.

Back