Resident Evil Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope somebody starts recasting the RE2 statue head so people here don't need to scratch their heads to figure it out.

rather have a new original sculpt than a recast tbh, I have the statue displayed so wouldn't a copy of the head on a figure too, also even though the sculpt is good, it's not perfect so hopefully if a sculpt does come out it will be even better.

We can always contact a few sculptors and see if we have enough people to get on it , they may make it. definitely would want a claire also.

Even though Leon is my favourite character, i'm in no rush, if nothing happens between now are the 25th Anniversary of RE i will be all in on a Leon sculpt but i feel like with the current success capcom is having with RE someone will do a Leon figure, either official or 3rd party, my focus right now is perfecting some RE4 figures.

Damtoys got the RE2 license and are doing nothing with it. Literally bragging rights

i know they haven't done anything with the rights so far... i am trying to be optimistic but if they don't do anything to coincide with RE's 25th anniversary next year i'd consider those figures cancelled and attempt to put together my own.

I'm just trying to be careful i would hate to put together a custom Leon figure for damtoys to then drop a more accurate, cheaper and official Leon figure

8281f044fe8ed8f70e3d816f283a9b74.jpg

Wish this were 1/6 but I think if this sells well enough, they can try the bigger scale

is there really a bigger market in 1/12 compared to 1/6? or is production cost really a big concern?

is there really a bigger market in 1/12 compared to 1/6? or is production cost really a big concern?

There are less figures in 1/12 and less companies currently working in 1/12 scale compared to 1/6 so they can pretty much make whatever they want with little to no competition and with damtoys announcement i think most companies might be hesitant to go in on 1/6 RE figures when damtoys could still potentially beat them to release.

that's how i see it anyway i could be wrong, either way i am down to get some RE figures.

I would love to see someone do 1/6 figures for the recent Resident Evil rereleases. The style of these characters would look great in this scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are less figures in 1/12 and less companies currently working in 1/12 scale compared to 1/6 so they can pretty much make whatever they want with little to no competition and with damtoys announcement i think most companies might be hesitant to go in on 1/6 RE figures when damtoys could still potentially beat them to release.

that's how i see it anyway i could be wrong, either way i am down to get some RE figures.

If Damntoys still had the license. Their Instagram no longer has the ?teaser? pic. They haven?t said anything or posted anything. Minus not having full figures fro other companies we?ve already seen these third party kits.

If Damntoys still had the license. Their Instagram no longer has the ?teaser? pic. They haven?t said anything or posted anything. Minus not having full figures fro other companies we?ve already seen these third party kits.

if i remember correctly it wasn't actually damtoys with the license, it was another studio which damtoys partnered with, so maybe that deal fell through i don't know... but no one knows and if i was a third party company i would hold off on making RE figures just incase damtoys is still working on the figure because an official damntoys release will hurt the sales of a 3rd party making the same figure... i still thinks it's too soon to tell if damtoys has cancelled yet.

if i remember correctly it wasn't actually damtoys with the license, it was another studio which damtoys partnered with, so maybe that deal fell through i don't know... but no one knows and if i was a third party company i would hold off on making RE figures just incase damtoys is still working on the figure because an official damntoys release will hurt the sales of a 3rd party making the same figure... i still thinks it's too soon to tell if damtoys has cancelled yet.

If the other studio did call it off it wouldn't be a surprise, because it wouldn't have taken them long to discover that DAM is just a brand name used by VTS (a company well known for its production of unlicensed figures).

More surprisingly, it didn't stop VTS getting the likes of Assassin's Creed for the DAM brand.

All company started as third party unlicensed just like hot toys back then, 'cos its costly to get a licensed one... but damtoys is in par if not better than HotToys, in their military release and now the great quality of their Assassins Creed line.... it will be good if they really put their focus on the Resident Evil line not like HotToys that seemly put aside other game line character quality than their DC Marvel Starwars line....

there is no way a third party would wait licensed official figure one to be release, in fact alot of small company getting release same character/sculpt faster than HotToys so that people buy it than waiting for HT one... but thats the case for a popular character... Game character not DC Marvel had a small figure fans, not alot of people that played the game, and some of us that played the game not collecting figure thats make a very limiting sales in terms of bussiness...

all the remake is not made pure by capcom and maybe the figurine licensed not handeld by capcom directly thats why damtoys have other company as their licensed name...

All company started as third party unlicensed just like hot toys back then, 'cos its costly to get a licensed one... but damtoys is in par if not better than HotToys, in their military release and now the great quality of their Assassins Creed line....

VTS were doing a mix of military and unlicensed, then in 2011 they made the surprise move in the middle of making a figure to rename their military product as DAM and change the numbering system.

VTS continued to make unlicensed figures, and still do to this day. However, the DAM brand wasn't originally an effort to have a legitimate company face as they were making unlicensed movie inspired military figures such as the Dead Snow zombies and Tears of the Sun team, labelled as 'God Already Left Africa'.

At some point VTS must've decided that the DAM brand should become a more legitimate face. There used to be a DAMTOYS website that set out their various ranges, but it's disappeared. Don't know when, but maybe it coincided with them getting licenses?

Back