Media Resident Evil 7

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is very dull, and doesn't even remotely resemble anything for a RE fan to latch onto. Hell at least with dog **** Umbrella Corp we can identify it as RE.

I'm with everyone else. I don't care about the new direction and they said ammo and health are back but I don't want a damn outlast game. Part of the fun of resident evil was that you could fight back but still be overpowered by stronger enemies and have no choice put to run. This looks linear and has this stupid hide from ghost vibe I don't want from an re game at all.

This isn't going to work. I thought God of War 4 would be the farthest an upcoming game would be from its roots, but this looks nothing like RE at all.

They could still make it play like the other games but reduce some things...

got the deluxe digital version of this game for free after redeeming some gift certificates on PSN store.

I have zero expectations for this game so ... yeah, I cant be disappointed really.

Wtf is this?! :lol

That's not Resident Evil! Next.... I'll just wait for RE2. Hopefully Capcom doesn't ruin it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate the hide from monster dynamic tbh. I can tolerate it in alien and that was fun, you could still fight but the whole hide and wait stuff is a bit tiring. This is t what I want from re. Not even freaking close.

Resident Evil has never, ever, been about hiding from monsters. Run away sure, but never stealth ****.

Why not make a new IP of this instead of using the Resident Evil brand? :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slap the RE brand name on it and its a guaranteed sale. I hope Revelations 3 is announced soon so we can get back to real RE.

God Re 7 looks lame. I was all for change at the start because it was such a shock. But now its had time to sink in, i havent got used to the idea, its went the other way.

I know it's early...and we've barely seen anything...but this game just looks so ****ing dull. I hate that I feel this way about a Resident Evil game. I've never not felt excitement for a RE game. And that includes survivor and gaiden etc...maybe this will be a reverse. Where those had excitement and ended up sucking but RE7 will have no excitement but will be da best evar!

I'm very optimistic about this game.
I applaud Capcom for not playing it safe.

There's a difference between just watching a demo, and playing the game.
PT was universally acknowledged as an amazing demo.
Many people who played the demo said they were scared ****less.
I never got to play it, so watching the demo, it didnt seem that scary.

I think its the same here, we're only seeing a video, hard to get scared watching compared to playing.
I'm sure, if you're playing this by yourself, with lights turned off, and with surround sound, it would be a totally different experience.
I'm very much looking forward to this.
The only thing I'm worried about is the release date.
Capcom has been known to tease the hell out of players and at the last minute, postpone the release date.

I'm very optimistic about this game.
I applaud Capcom for not playing it safe.

There's a difference between just watching a demo, and playing the game.
PT was universally acknowledged as an amazing demo.
Many people who played the demo said they were scared ****less.
I never got to play it, so watching the demo, it didnt seem that scary.

I think its the same here, we're only seeing a video, hard to get scared watching compared to playing.
I'm sure, if you're playing this by yourself, with lights turned off, and with surround sound, it would be a totally different experience.
I'm very much looking forward to this.
The only thing I'm worried about is the release date.
Capcom has been known to tease the hell out of players and at the last minute, postpone the release date.

I think that's a part of my issues as well though. Because I played the PSN demo, waiting for the concept to grab me. It didn't. I understand it's really just setting the tone...but...it wasn't fun. I didn't enjoy nearly any of it. Even the atmosphere felt very plain. Then at SDCC, I played the VR experience thinking, maybe this will change it. Maybe this is how it's meant to be played and I can get excited. Now...it was a little more fun, but mostly because it was my first VR experience, so it had that novelty. Though, as I walked out I felt nothing. No anticipation to play more. I just felt meh...

I'm not giving up though. It's RE so I'll give it a chance. Pray for me ya'll :pray: :lol

Watch as there is none :lol

It'll just be one big game of hide and seek, with bonus multipliers for hiding the longest! Or maybe it'll be like flashlight tag :lol

I still dont know what to think when it comes to 7. It just feels like they took too much of the bad criticisms of 6 literally and went too much the other way now. Granted 6 is my least fave of the series but I do like a lot of it, mainly Chris and Piers scenario if I am honest but really, its dangerous for them to be throwing all their eggs in one basket as it were with 7.

It will either be the ballsiest move in history that will pay off handsomely, or akin to dying on your sword in a not so poetic way.

rx7ifmE.jpg

I think ive said this before, but i really dont think this game is for Resident Evil fans. Or video game fans. I think this game was made purely for Pewdiepie and Markiplier as well as other big youtubers to make react videos on because it fits in with their first person " horror " jump scare bait videos that get the big views. Even on their own channel having multiple videos of people " reacting " to the demo and headset reactions too. Screams of desperation. Screams of " please make this game hot on youtube ".

I would not be surprised if that was the case, that's pretty much what Scott Cawthon of FNaF fame thrives for at this point.

I think ive said this before, but i really dont think this game is for Resident Evil fans. Or video game fans. I think this game was made purely for Pewdiepie and Markiplier as well as other big youtubers to make react videos on because it fits in with their first person " horror " jump scare bait videos that get the big views. Even on their own channel having multiple videos of people " reacting " to the demo and headset reactions too. Screams of desperation. Screams of " please make this game hot on youtube ".

Two ****ers I wish would go away.

Back