Media Resident Evil 3 (Remake)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be honest, when playing through the hospital area of the game i almost felt woozy. The atmosphere there, coupled with whats going on in real life right now made real life seep into my game playing experience and i got dread and it made it a bit too real. It sounds a bit sappy but its hard to avoid feeling this way.

In fact, the opening line on the game is talking about a wildly spreading pandemic that also made it feel real. But that hospital section... oh man.

I'm right there with you. I am a 'high stress' kinda guy by nature, so something like the Super Flu, which the coronavirus is, basically, is stressful. Jill's comment to Brad at the beginning about 'how so many got it so fast' made me immediately think 'social distancing'

Last edited:
Update: about 6 hours in and at the hospital. Two things that bug a small bit with RE3 REmake:

Carlos is very, very naive at times
Zombies kinda cheat when they go down; I will put them down and always shoot them once in the head to 'be sure;' half the time they get back up

Overall, game is very intense. I am easy to please but love what they are giving us. Of course, I wish this was a 12 hours game with tons new, but will not deny what they did do, they did very well

And the voice acting is top-notch. The new Carlos look has really grown on me. As a guy who is more bald than not, I could not image having all that hair. Carlos's shampoo bill must be a b**ch!

Update: just got the magnum. Worth it!!

Last edited:
I just watched a video where Carlos shoots Brad in the head literally 5 times and he's still coming. My copy is arriving next week but were the zombies this hard to put down in 2?

I just watched a video where Carlos shoots Brad in the head literally 5 times and he's still coming. My copy is arriving next week but were the zombies this hard to put down in 2?
In my game, Brad seemed to need one extra bullet than the standard. But, these zombies are 'about' the same as RE2 REmake. See my prior post on zombies 'cheating' a tad. Maybe that vid is from a harder difficulty?

Short and sweet. I wish it had at least one more city area and the clock tower to explore. I like the idea of earning points for unlocks. I wish one of these games would let us unlock an infinite magnum, now that would be fun. I hope they add something to the game later like they did for RE2. It’s kind of weird how when the zombies are ‘dead’ the stop being destructible. In RE2, you could continue to shoot or slice off limbs if you weren’t sure if they were down for good or just to be gross. I miss that lol.

Just beat it on Normal - took my time , about 8 hours. Next play through will be about 5 I guess. Unlockables are cool; got the Jill RE1 classic costume and of course the classic RE 2 ammo machine.

also wish it had one more section, but very enjoyable game overall.

Beat it in about 8.5 hours. Was good, not great. They reused environments and kinda rehashed RE2 IMO. I figured that, but caved anyway. I played it on normal, but looks like they up the feats on bosses. Like the last boss has more blimps to shoot on a higher difficulty than the one I played. Nemesis sure scared the crap out of me though.

Its been 21 years since I bought Resident Evil 3: Nemesis in a UK Electronics Boutique and spent hours playing it through on my old Playstation, and now I've just completed Resident Evil 3 on the PS4.

Overall, I really loved the game, as much as Resident Evil 2 remake. My take on some of the pros and cons are below,along with my own thoughts on where the series goes from here.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Nice thoughts, SJ!

I agree that the characters in this one were all very well done. I hope they do no more remakes. With RE3, we are good. Now, I'd go for 'RE 3.5'- cause RE4 was a pretty radical jump in tone from 3 to 4.

Apparently, RE8 will be revealed at the Tokyo show

Finished the game a couple of days ago and I'm on my 2nd playthrough.
I really love the game.
I honestly feel its just as good as RE2.

In some ways, I do agree with the sentiment that some things are even better than RE2 where
you dont constantly travel back and forth to entend the gameplay.

My only nitpick is...which is actualy typical of a RE game...but

Spoiler Spoiler:

But other than that, I think its another home run by Capcom.
I hope they redo RE4 next.

Nightmare mode adds alot of replay value to the game. I see a bunch of people playing the game on Standard, and then not having a real reason to go back as if they play the game again, even on hardcore its going to be much of the same. If you beat the game on hardcore you unlock nightmare, which re-arranges item locations and enemy placements. Which is what id love in all of the Classic style RE games. I got out of the subway, got to the first batch of herbs/gun ammo just before the first save room and i found the magnum and an inventory extension pouch. I felt over powered, then i went outside, into the alley and was mobbed by 9 Zombies instead of 2. You will be running for cover to get into a room only to find a zombie is blocking it from the other side.

I think there is an even higher difficulty after nightmare, but im not sure yet. I hope that remixes everything again.

I've just completed a second playthrough on Standard, and that still took me well over 6 hrs. I don't think I'm ready for a speedrun just yet! I probably spent at least an hour trying to see where the RPD was when I was walking around the streets. When Carlos hits Nemesis with a rocket launcher at the beginning the RPD is behind him. Love the fact you can have a quick look over the railing on the roof-top boss fight and see the RPD below.
Going to give hardcore a try next.

So, after playing some more nightmare mode a character you have to " put down "... comes back... it was really cool too. I was sure i saw something running past a window, then i ran to the next window and i thought... is that? Then i forgot about it until they were in my face 10 minutes later. This was not in standard or hardcore.

Nightmare is incredibly, frustratingly hard but i think its better in some senses. Difficulty aside. The enemy numbers and placements. Item locations and some other bits and bobs i think i prefer in this mode. I also accidentally got spoiled for future enemy placements which im both dreading encountering, but cant wait to see how its done.

Very interesting on Nightmare mode. Now, I'm curious.

After beating the game, I will not lie: I enjoyed it, but bummed things like the clocktower are gone, and gravedigger (boss), but boy, the updated characters are amazing.

0e6044e06c8b9e46f17a55d46fd75692.plist

Loving the original I wished they expanded RC and the storyline.... it?s not a bad ?remake? but it needed more content. Yes, the original was short but why not take advantage of that and make a superior remake like REmake. Anyway, I don?t see myself replaying it anytime soon. We should get some UBCS DLC or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So tomorrow I believe is one year since Dam Toys announced Resident Evil 2 Remake 1/6 figures, and since then....nothing. Now we have Resident Evil 3. I really want figures from both, but whhhhhy do they take so loooooooong.....

So tomorrow I believe is one year since Dam Toys announced Resident Evil 2 Remake 1/6 figures, and since then....nothing. Now we have Resident Evil 3. I really want figures from both, but whhhhhy do they take so loooooooong.....

So, no preorders? I hadn't even realized they had announced a license......hopefully.....

Are we though? It?s been a year now... not one single preview or tease of a prototype.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back