Media Resident Evil 3 (Remake)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting tidbit as Regards to Re 3 Via Re 2 Remakes, they patched a new note into RE 2 Remake that was left by Jill in the Kendo Gun Shop. They also re-released the RE 2 RPD Demo, but removed the timer and theres a Nemesis easter egg if you exit the station via the front door and approach the graveyard.

I heard Nemesis will be an even bigger pain in the ass than Mr X. You can't even go into safe rooms. I don't like that.

Also where are Damtoys RE2 figures???

I heard Nemesis will be an even bigger pain in the ass than Mr X. You can't even go into safe rooms. I don't like that.

Fake news.

The room that Nemesis entered in that report was not coded as a safe room. Leave it up to noob reporters who don't know RE games.

I do really want them to punk us at one point with a faux save room. The chapel would be a good one. In the original you always feel its safe until you start to progress and you hear him crashing around and the music changes. Its still a safe room but it made you question it. If he actually did enter a scripted save room just to make you think nothing is safe i think it would be really intense.

Also, side note : The RE 3 demo is much better than the RE 2 demo. I love the save room music too.

Fake news.

The room that Nemesis entered in that report was not coded as a safe room. Leave it up to noob reporters who don't know RE games.

Exactly. When I first heard the news, a small part of me was like 'very cool.' But, the more I think about it, and after playing the demo, thank goodness safe rooms are safe. LOL

And agreed with the Safe Room music. It was great.

I seemed to notice the gore and physics of the zombies have been downgraded? Zombies don't seem to chunk off with shots and any dismembered body parts just disappear.

One of the coolest things about RE2 was those gore physics and something about how it's handled here feels a bit arcadey.

Last edited:
I seemed to notice the gore and physics of the zombies have been downgraded? Zombies don't seem to chunk off with shots and any dismembered body parts just disappear.

One of the coolest things about RE2 was those gore physics and something about how it's handled here feels a bit arcadey.
I don't know much about it, but it might be due to a ratings system of some kind. Though shooting an enemy may be okay for one category, dismemberment may push it over the edge into another, thereby triggering a restriction in a demo release. I'd be surprised if dismemberment isn't in the final game.

Likely performance related, RE3 has both much larger areas and larger numbers of enemies, where RE2 was a lot more subdued and only couple of zombies is a legitimate threat, though it seems like a frivolous detail, having the limbs of every zombie you dismember laying around throughout the game is very performance taxing, it was a incredible technical feat that RE2 was able to do it in the first place.

I beat the game. Its a good game. Might be very divisive amongst the hardcore fans, because the game is a complete new game with a new story pretty much. There is original RE3 in there, but where as RE 2 remake was undoubtedly a remake of 2, 3 is easily a whole new game. Brand new, shakes up the franchise if we were now to take this as the canon.

Spoiler Spoiler:

This game feels more complete than RE 2. It is shorter, and there is sections that are cut from the game. But everything feels like it was in there for a reason. The lab feels like it isnt devoid of atmosphere. The streets feel alive.

Oh and also, Big big spoiler

Spoiler Spoiler:

Overall, is it what i wanted? Yes and no. It had the music, the characters were actually great in this. Lots of cut scenes. Everything felt alive. But alot of the original RE 3 isnt in there.. at all. On one hand playing the game it feels brand new, as it essentially is. So you dont know what to expect. You are on your toes the whole way. But then getting your hopes up about seeing old places re-visited kind of bums you out.

I got the game yesterday in the mail from Gamestop and completed it in less than 6 hours. I think it's fantastic! I rushed through it because my wife wanted to watch me beat it but I'm playing again tonight and taking my time to enjoy everything more.

Damn, I loved the Nest 2!

I haven't played the online game yet but will tonight.

Finished it. Give it a 7. Wish the streets felt more alive and you could explore more. Wish they added more to the story. Overall RE2 is better and plays better but RE3 was better voice wise and story wise

Just got it; the one concern I have is not having some of the classic locations, such as the clock tower. Glad to see most here enjoyed it. Saw a ton of low scores and was concerned, even though the demo left a very positive vibe after I had played it.

I loved REsident Evil 2 REmake, aside from the last level, that I also felt was devoid of life a bit too much. Gonna take my time with this one for sure.

Kiva: interesting read to your post. Gives me a lot of hope. Curious as to the story changes. Once I beat this game, will post my own thoughts.

Was this one outsourced or done in house at Capcom?

Last edited:
It was outsourced

Thanks, thought I had heard that. Opening of the game is pretty exciting. And the updated look of the NEMESIS model has really grown on me, nose or not. Practicing doing my perfect roll or whatnot. Something tells me that is going to come in handy.

I will say the RE-engine is capable of some pretty nice graphics. Jill's character model is pretty impressive. And with the Coronavirus going on, this game is hitting a tad too close to home at the moment.

SH Figuarts needs to get the license; I'd take a whole line of Resident Evil.

And with the Coronavirus going on, this game is hitting a tad too close to home at the moment.
I'll be honest, when playing through the hospital area of the game i almost felt woozy. The atmosphere there, coupled with whats going on in real life right now made real life seep into my game playing experience and i got dread and it made it a bit too real. It sounds a bit sappy but its hard to avoid feeling this way.

In fact, the opening line on the game is talking about a wildly spreading pandemic that also made it feel real. But that hospital section... oh man.

Back