Media Resident Evil 2 (1/25/2019)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RE2 was one of my all-time favorite games as a kid. But I gotta be brutally honest...having not played a RE since the third one, I forgot how repetitive these suckers can be! Lack of areas to explore, a boatload of keys and plugs and parts to find... Maybe I'm just getting old. :lol Still looove the lore, though.

No, behind it. It's the Arkham mobile! I must know! :gah:

It's the Mattel San Diego Comic Con version that can turn into tank mode with the middle gun. Lights up, sound effects and etc. The regular version Mattel sold doesn't turn into tank mode or light up.

https://www.amazon.com/2014-Exclusive-Arkham-Knight-Batmobile/dp/B00M77SZYM

sealed-2014-sdcc-exclusive-arkham_1_ab9e9d941037b1ed0cb2ee508587521a.jpg

41F-2qEBYJL.jpg

BM11.jpg

Oh geez I didn’t even see that one. :lol

I think that’s the 3.75” Multiverse one, that was packed with an Arkham City Batman for whatever reason.

View attachment 442480

It can change into battle mode tew.

Back on topic... I finished Leon’s story and I love this game. I’m going to do Claire B after I finish KHIII.

I’m also surprised I was able to find that collector’s edition a few days after release at a GameStop an hour away. That Leon statue is fantastic and looks pretty convincing next to other Hot Toys figures. I just wish they’d made Claire or Ada too. :gah:

Yeah, it's the Mattel Batmobile but the version you have pictured is the regular release. Mine is the Comic Con version. The regular release you pictured doesn't hturn into tank mode with the guns or light up with sound effects.

Oh geez I didn’t even see that one. :lol

I think that’s the 3.75” Multiverse one, that was packed with an Arkham City Batman for whatever reason.

It can change into battle mode tew.

Back on topic... I finished Leon’s story and I love this game. I’m going to do Claire B after I finish KHIII.

I’m also surprised I was able to find that collector’s edition a few days after release at a GameStop an hour away. That Leon statue is fantastic and looks pretty convincing next to other Hot Toys figures. I just wish they’d made Claire or Ada too. :gah:

It's the Mattel San Diego Comic Con version that can turn into tank mode with the middle gun. Lights up, sound effects and etc. The regular version Mattel sold doesn't turn into tank mode or light up.

Thanks guys! I was contemplating between the SDCC one, the Hot Wheels 1:18 or the Triforce. I went with the Triforce. :rock

This game was amazing just completed the entirety of it, hardcore was insane me x had me scared and playing with headphones in the middle of the night with no lights on is the best way to play! I did a quick run at 1hr and 36 mins and I feel I could break that record, the only thing that disappointed me was the Canadian version of the collectors edition, I watched the European edition box breakdown and saw how nice the box, and inserts were, how the box opens, and foam to keep the contents safe and those keys god damn they are nice, then when mine came it’s just cardboard folded in holding all the items together 👎 I had hoped to get the keys off eBay but 300 for a set of keys is ridiculous

I saw an unboxing of the typewriter editon, and gotta say its nice. Not for the asking price of what they wanted originally. these limited editions are truly expensive so I shall have to admire them from afar.

I've been replaying the game on hard mode. Scenario 1 as Claire, and find it very doable......until the berkin round 3 boss battle. Got close, but with 12 ammo count for the launcher, still struggle to beat him......

LOL, either games have gotten harder or I suck more as I've gotten older.

Well, Prime 1 Studio has the rights for Resident Evil 2 / Biohazard 2 or at least it seems like they have them.
In 2018 they said they will make a Leon and a Claire statue and that there will be news at Wonder Festival 2019 February 10th
but there is nothing about Resident Evil / Biohazard at the Prime 1 booth. So maybe its not ready yet or it will be a special announcement
or they cancelled it. I dont know.

This game was amazing just completed the entirety of it, hardcore was insane me x had me scared and playing with headphones in the middle of the night with no lights on is the best way to play! I did a quick run at 1hr and 36 mins and I feel I could break that record, the only thing that disappointed me was the Canadian version of the collectors edition, I watched the European edition box breakdown and saw how nice the box, and inserts were, how the box opens, and foam to keep the contents safe and those keys god damn they are nice, then when mine came it’s just cardboard folded in holding all the items together �� I had hoped to get the keys off eBay but 300 for a set of keys is ridiculous

I did a hardcore as well the other day. Wasn't trying for my fastest time, just wanting to get an S+ under 2 hours to get all the goodies.

Got the Infinite Ammo for Rocket Launcher, Hunk's Machine and a Samurai Edge pistol. Also beat Claire's hardcore under two hours with an S+ for infinite ammo minigun. Could only save 3 times or it wouldn't be an S+ and damn was it an intense play lol. Can't use many health items to heal apparently, I barely used any, which made it super difficult. Brought back memories of playing it in 1998 and unlocking everything to have infinite ammo. Man, I miss those days.

I've beat the game 5 times now, just love it. Game of the year for me!

Resident Evil 2 Remake Xbox One X. by Corrado Knight, on Flickr

I've been busy but I'm gonna start Leon B tonight, just wondering, if I do it in hardcore do I still get the "finish leons story in hardcore" trophy?

The new DLC's are super tough, and very frustrating. You will spend 10 minutes trying to conserve ammo and dodge enemies then next thing you know you get caught in a string of 3 unavoidable grab attacks by zombies and you cannot do anything about it. But i do like the added aspect of vending machines, and the backpacks you can loot on the field. The new enemies arent what i expected, just Zombie variants. I kind of hoped for an actual cut enemy from the game to return like crows or ivy. But the pale head zombies remind me a hell of a lot of the Neomorphs from Alien Covenant. The new DLC are actually seperate from HUNK and TOFU because they seem to be their own catagory allthough in extras. Because there is customisation aspects to it that you cannot apply to the prior extra content. So i forse more DLC in this fashion to come.

They are super hard, but they are free and unlocking customisation items will add to the longevity.

Ugh man these DLC extras are brutal. Is it just me or are these TOO hard? I completed the game on hardcore both scenarios and while it was tough i never really had areal struggle. But these DLC almost incentives you to just run in to hordes of enemies with a flash bang in order to get past a certain area while taking damage so in order to get past a later part you have the ammo.

Its so incredibly hard and unfair.

Back