Media Resident Evil 2 (1/25/2019)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing in the demo that I missed myself but a youtube channel caught: Nemesis sized hole easter egg in the Police Dept itself, given Mr X doesn't appear until after you first explore. Nice nod to RE3

With all the hype around this I’m sure we will see Leon and Clair in 1:6 form licensed or not.

I think I’ll be happy enough with my CE Leon statue

One thing in the demo that I missed myself but a youtube channel caught: Nemesis sized hole easter egg in the Police Dept itself, given Mr X doesn't appear until after you first explore. Nice nod to RE3
I watched the video with easter eggs. And that one is open to interpretation i reckon. And while it would be cool, i dont think its Nemesis evidence. He never burst through walls, he used doors, he was polite. The movie version of Nemesis burst walls, but in the game i only ever recall him going through 2 windows.

And, the area with the broken down walls is in the vicinity of the bomb you need to detonate from the guy that was setting c4. I think its more likely c4 dudes handywork as its localised in that area and the file made it sound like he was losing his mind.

I feel like they’ll be plenty of re3 nemesis Easter eggs. Hopefully a tease of the big guys look

DxgvwV7UUAAKYkh.jpg

Dxgvw_aVYAAFItX.jpg

Nice to see the ps1 character models are apparently coming down the line. I think they are some kind of exclusive in Japan but will be released in march for the rest of the world. It would be awesome playing as thoes with the original sound track ( which also involves sound effects not just the music )

... my point is that the face on the right COULDNT belong to the face on the left. Thats the entire point. I think the girl on the right is an adult, and the girl on the left is a child. I think the trailer is edited to flash forward in time revealing the child character as an adult...

I eagerly await your return on January 25-26. Either i am sending you rep points, or you are sending them to me.
Spoiler Spoiler:

:wink1:

Managed to get several hours in last night. It was awesome. For die hard Resident Evil fans I recommend Hard-core difficulty as you still need to use ink ribbons on typewriters. It's a very tense Nd atmospheric experience that will probably be a bit diluted played on easy or medium. The visuals and sound are phenomenal.

I played a bit on easy before going to work. I’ll start a proper game on normal when I get home. I considered hardcore but I don’t want to frustrate myself on my first play through. If I do my first play through with Claire, am I not doing her canon scenario?

I owe points, i dont know how to apply them so please let me know and ill do it

Finished the game Leon A, Claire B on standard

Thoughts ( spoilers please be aware ):

The game absolutely is unplayable without the original soundtrack, AFTER you've applied the original sound track. The original sound track is an amazing acomplyment to this game. Its own generic music leaves you not being aware if the new track is the same as the old and you are left in vast open areas with no atmosphere due to lack of music. All of which is remedied with the original. Which is worked in amazingly. i 1000% condone anybody buying the deluxe version, you NEED to play this game with the original sound track.

It annoys me Mr x... AHEM " Tyrant " is in both scenarios. I hate being shoe horned around. It adds to the suspense but its not like once you know what you are doing its fine and you are no longer in threat. You cant stand still and soak up the atmosphere.

The Alligator battle is literally a recreation of Re 6's opening action sequence with Leon running to the chopper. Stood out like a sore thumb.

There is no " G " boss ( the spawn thing you meat on the bridge when you are about to put the plugs into the wall ) but i didnt mind there being pseudo G's as common enemies in the sewers. Mixes it up. New enemy types.

The zombie/vine/G hybrids are scary as hell. Super hard with Leon using a pistol and shotgun but a doddle with Claire and her flame rounds. But this is where i started to think hold on, they didnt add " new " enemies, they replaced them. There is no IVY. And i loved thoes so that was a shame. No moth. No giant spiders. No crows. The cockroaches are a cameo jump scare. No naked zombies. No strengthened Lickers.

I went into the game expecting a crimson head or two by the trailer with Annette burning the corpse. I wanted a cameo of a Hunter. So the fact there is dramatically less enemy types overall as opposed to me hoping there would be more saddens me.

The lab feels lifeless, not in an undead way. Its the super ultra futurealistic version of a lab like Revelations 2 where it looks like its from the year 4000 and sterile.

The A & B scenarios are different, but not enough. The final lab section is literally the same. In the original, Claire had her own side plot to get the cure for Sherry. But in the new version its Leon is looking for the G sample, Claire is looking for the cure. But its just the same gameplay and locations for same item just changing what it is person depending. The orphenage is a nice cool addition to Claires story but it doesnt make up for the cutting back on the lab section.

Really great game. But its not perfect.

I like this Ada far more than the original though.

I love the game. This is what a modern RE should be. But it does feel a bit lazy cutting out quite a few sections, quite a few enemy types. And the lab feels rushed and sterile. Alot of the game feels sterile. If this was Resident Evil 8 id say its amazing. But theres a ton they didnt fetch over from the original Re 2 that id say is essential.

Last edited:
Back