Media Resident Evil 2 (1/25/2019)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed. I really love this game but a few things that didn't make it in do make it seem rather lazy. I was really looking forward to a fully fleshed out moth battle! Claire's campaign felt to samey. But again over all, loved it, both play throughs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Agreed. I really love this game but a few things that didn't make it in do make it seem rather lazy. I was really looking forward to a fully fleshed out moth battle! Claire's campaign felt to samey. But again over all, loved it, both play throughs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

MOTH? Apparenty I need to replay the original...it's been a couple of years.

Overall, I love this remake. As a pretty huge fan of the original, I think they did a very good job. MR X is ****ING AMAZING. The lab part with Plant 43 was rushed. That part in the origial was intense. But the surprise changes were nicely done.

IF money were no object (ie they had Rockstar money), I'd have:

Fleshed out more story with extra files

More exploration of the city. Kendo was a disappointment. Wanted way more of him.

Not have the awesome original soundtrack hidden behind DLC -

Plant 43 - what happened here? It was mentioned once, and you never really saw its taking over...it's just a bunch of vines now.......albeit with super awesome baddies in that part

Sounds like I am being overly critical, but I really think they did about as amazing a job with this as one couple hope. I hope RE 3 remake happens. It's the one I'd be ok with being a re-envisioning not a straight remake. Considering Code Veronica X was original RE3, the the one released always felt like a half-assed game compared to RE 1 and RE 2

Between RE7 and this game, RE7 is the stronger game. But, I honestly think that is one of the best horror titles to happen in the last 10 years. PLaying it in VR was so amazing

Anyone want Lieutenant Marvin Story DLC? I love this guy. Whoever they got to do the face and voice work (not sure if same), did a bang up job. Just something about the character. If I were a new cop, I'd want my CO to be that guy.

Last edited:
The Moth was nothing but an obstacle in the original. You could literally avoid it and never even fight it when getting to the computer. Not much of a loss honestly. It was literately a waste of ammo.

I love the remake, just fantastic! I've beaten it with Leon A, Claire B. Amazing game! I loved the new designs of everything, especially Nest.

I don't think Resident Evil 7 is the stronger game at all. But I'm biased, I hate Resident Evil 7. I mean, it's a good game, just not a good Resident Evil game. It seems like it was originally meant to be something else and Resident Evil was slapped on it.

I am still waiting to get my CE from Game Stop :impatient:

wednesday cant come soon enough... cant complain though because Im happy I got the CE

Same here. I could have sworn I clicked 1 day shipping but apparently not cause mine said 4-7 days after the 25th.

My brother and law planned on getting the game in a week or two when he was done with some other games, so being the impatient guy I am, I went and bought a copy at 12 am at Wal-Mart and then I'm going to give it to him when my Collector's Edition arrives. There was no way I could wait lol. My brothers got it early at Gamestop and were playing it at around 10 pm the 24th and I was uttering ''bastards'' as I seen both of them on Xbox Live playing it.

I find this game conflicting as hell. On one hand - its one of the best Resident Evils of all time. But on the other, there's something a bit unsatisfying about it. Probably just unrealistic expectations, though those expectations we're based on what they did with the first remake. Its impressive how they melded the feeling/mood/story of RE2, with the system/gameplay of RE7 so well. Though I kind of miss the static camera angles but the switch to the over the shoulder of 4-6 works fine.

Where it starts to bug me is that it kind fails to do what made the REmake so noteworthy and special - which was make substantial additions to the existing game (along with the requisite graphic/gameplay updates). All the new puzzles and completely new areas of the Mansion. It even added new enemies with the crimson heads, the whole burning mechanic, defensive items, new story bits with character encounters, files building on lore introduced in later games, and the whole Lisa Trevor thing. This one however kind of straightforward remixes RE2 but doesn't really add anything entirely new of note beyond how Mr. X behaves (which I'm not 100% sure is an improvement). Theres change to what was already in RE2, rather than adding new things that weren't already there.The bringing forward stuff like defensive weapons is a great move, and the new weapons & customization is nice - but when it comes to all the new that REmake added there isn't really any comparison. The lack of any new story points, or lore in the files is a missed opportunity. If anything - its the omissions from RE2 that kind of stand out to me more. Like how there's next to no exploration of the city before making it to the RPD building. Or how there seems to be fewer puzzles (though the new sewer puzzle with the chess plugs was cool).

I don't know. Its really great and probably my 3rd or 4th favorite in the series - (and realistically, removed from nostalgia its probably the 2nd best behind the first remake) - but there's this faint twinge of slight disappointment I feel. It absolutely should be judged on its own merits but when your doing a remake thats damn near impossible to do. Also - a remake of RE3 would probably alleviate any qualms I had about there being so little exploration of the city before making it to the station. Though if they handle the Nemesis like they did Mr. X I'm not sure I could handle the stress.

Now someone needs to get cracking on some 1/6 figures of these guys. We need Leon, Claire, Hunk, Sherry & Ada stat (and while we're at it, 2nd versions of Leon & Claire in their classic OG costumes). If Hot Toys doesn't step the **** up I hope someone like Limtoys/Firejclawjack steps up to fill the void (though I'm guessing he's already super busy with the MGS & Red Dead 2 stuff currently in progress).

Edit: One 2nd though I'll definitely roll back the feelings that they didn't "add" anything. The sewer is so wildly different from what was in the original that it could absolutely be called a worthy addition. I kind of miss the original and wish they kept more parts of that (outside of the bridge) but its a very cool new part (and those weird new enemies there - though the loss of spiders is still a bummer). Really the whole post RPD half of the game is practically unrecognizable which is neat but also largely defeats the point of this being a remake. Plus the new designs for Leon and Clarie are pretty great as far as updates go. The old looks were very cool but also felt incredibly unrealistic which isn't necessarily a bad thing but these new ones keep the feel of those while also making them look like something people actually wear.

I find this game conflicting as hell. On one hand - its one of the best Resident Evils of all time. But on the other, there's something a bit unsatisfying about it. Probably just unrealistic expectations, though those expectations we're based on what they did with the first remake. Its impressive how they melded the feeling/mood/story of RE2, with the system/gameplay of RE7 so well. Though I kind of miss the static camera angles but the switch to the over the shoulder of 4-6 works fine.

Where it starts to bug me is that it kind fails to do what made the REmake so noteworthy and special - which was make substantial additions to the existing game (along with the requisite graphic/gameplay updates). All the new puzzles and completely new areas of the Mansion. It even added new enemies with the crimson heads, the whole burning mechanic, defensive items, new story bits with character encounters, files building on lore introduced in later games, and the whole Lisa Trevor thing. This one however kind of straightforward remixes RE2 but doesn't really add anything entirely new of note beyond how Mr. X behaves (which I'm not 100% sure is an improvement). Theres change to what was already in RE2, rather than adding new things that weren't already there.The bringing forward stuff like defensive weapons is a great move, and the new weapons & customization is nice - but when it comes to all the new that REmake added there isn't really any comparison. The lack of any new story points, or lore in the files is a missed opportunity. If anything - its the omissions from RE2 that kind of stand out to me more. Like how there's next to no exploration of the city before making it to the RPD building. Or how there seems to be fewer puzzles (though the new sewer puzzle with the chess plugs was cool).

I don't know. Its really great and probably my 3rd or 4th favorite in the series - (and realistically, removed from nostalgia its probably the 2nd best behind the first remake) - but there's this faint twinge of slight disappointment I feel. It absolutely should be judged on its own merits but when your doing a remake thats damn near impossible to do. Also - a remake of RE3 would probably alleviate any qualms I had about there being so little exploration of the city before making it to the station. Though if they handle the Nemesis like they did Mr. X I'm not sure I could handle the stress.

Now someone needs to get cracking on some 1/6 figures of these guys. We need Leon, Claire, Hunk, Sherry & Ada stat (and while we're at it, 2nd versions of Leon & Claire in their classic OG costumes). If Hot Toys doesn't step the **** up I hope someone like Limtoys/Firejclawjack steps up to fill the void (though I'm guessing he's already super busy with the MGS & Red Dead 2 stuff currently in progress).

Edit: One 2nd though I'll definitely roll back the feelings that they didn't "add" anything. The sewer is so wildly different from what was in the original that it could absolutely be called a worthy addition. I kind of miss the original and wish they kept more parts of that (outside of the bridge) but its a very cool new part (and those weird new enemies there - though the loss of spiders is still a bummer). Really the whole post RPD half of the game is practically unrecognizable which is neat but also largely defeats the point of this being a remake. Plus the new designs for Leon and Clarie are pretty great as far as updates go. The old looks were very cool but also felt incredibly unrealistic which isn't necessarily a bad thing but these new ones keep the feel of those while also making them look like something people actually wear.

I loved the orphanage. Apparently Irons and Umbrella was taking children to experiment on them for decades, which is creepy and makes me feel really sickened by it. Apparently 600+ through the decades. Just reading that young girl's diary and what you know eventually happened to her pulls your heart strings. That added lore makes Umbrella and Irons even more evil when we knew he had killed before and Umbrella had kidnapped teenagers all over the world.

I really liked the flirtatious stuff added to Claire and Leon, you can tell the too like each other. In the original Claire didn't seem to smitten with him lol. In the original I always hated how Claire and Leon meet up multiple times in the RPD but keep separating and when Claire finds the secret elevator of Irons, she radios Leon she found a way out and tells him to follow but doesn't even tell him where to find it lol. The new version doesn't have them doing that stupid separating and etc. Irons seemed more like a character than what the originally was. Ada's character is night and day better.

I think Mr. X is much better than the original. The original, you could just run away and close a door and he wouldn't follow. There was the couple times he busts through a wall for a scare but he just stops following as soon as you close a wooden door. Now, he's the goddamn Terminator. Much more realistic.

I don't mind the spider's being gone. They weren't really a big part of the game other than an annoyance obstacle to avoid. You never had to directly fight them to progress.

I love the game. Sure it has some short comings but I believe it took what was great in Resident Evil 2 and made it better. I still love the originally but I prefer this much more now. I got the original the day it came out in 98 when I was around 16 and I bet I've beat it through the years 30-40 times and I'll continue to do so.

I did love the new design of the Umbrella lab though, fantastic. Loved how shiny and new everything looked compared to the original. The lab was made in 1991, and it was too heavily aged in a lot of areas for it to have only been 7 years old, so I like the new design better. Don't get me wrong though, i loved the original, hell I even have a diorama of it. Soon I'll have a diorama of the new one too!

Raccoon City Underground Laboratory (1) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr

Raccoon City Underground Laboratory (2) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr

Resident Evil Mansion Hallway Diorama (1) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr

Resident Evil Mansion Hallway Diorama (5) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr

Nice pics!

I finished scenario B and loved the ending. With the guy flipping them off as he drove by -so 2019 with that one.

and I was also hoping for Crimson Heads myself...that would have been very cool

So, there are 4 ways to play this game.

New Game as Leon or CLaire
2nd game as Leon or CLaire.

I initially played as Leon, then Claire in the 2nd game option; I restarted a new game as Claire, but in the scenario 1, and was pleasantly surprised to see dialogue differences. Similar so far, but not identical....pretty cool

Last edited:
I think i remember now why i never finished RE2. MR X.
Now, one of my favourite horror games is Alien Isolation which is the same type of cat and mouse game, but you do catch a break once the Alien is gone.
Mr X however, is constantly on me. I can stun him. lure him by running across the building in hope that he keeps following the path on that side of the building. But once i sprint to the other side it takes 20 seconds before i hear his steps and stumble upon him. Almost like it's scripted that he is supposed to spawn in the next room and be on your ass and wherever you lure him, it does nothing.
Just spent 90 minutes trying how to avoid him with different tactics while not progressing at all with the objectives. So yeah im fed up for the day.

I think i remember now why i never finished RE2. MR X.
Now, one of my favourite horror games is Alien Isolation which is the same type of cat and mouse game, but you do catch a break once the Alien is gone.
Mr X however, is constantly on me. I can stun him. lure him by running across the building in hope that he keeps following the path on that side of the building. But once i sprint to the other side it takes 20 seconds before i hear his steps and stumble upon him. Almost like it's scripted that he is supposed to spawn in the next room and be on your ass and wherever you lure him, it does nothing.
Just spent 90 minutes trying how to avoid him with different tactics while not progressing at all with the objectives. So yeah im fed up for the day.

once you get to the sewers, you can backtrack to the police station from an worker break room (in sewers - move a cabinet). When I went back to the station later, he was gone. But Mr x does get easier. Save rooms are safe, and if you stay in there for a min, he'll wonder off usually by then...so you can give yourself a tad room

The lab part with Plant 43 was rushed. That part in the origial was intense.

Plant 43 - what happened here? It was mentioned once, and you never really saw its taking over...it's just a bunch of vines now.......albeit with super awesome baddies in that part
You might be thinking of Plant 42 from Resident Evil 1. There isn't really a Plant 43 equivalent in the original RE2.

No, behind it. It's the Arkham mobile! I must know! :gah:

Oh geez I didn’t even see that one. :lol

I think that’s the 3.75” Multiverse one, that was packed with an Arkham City Batman for whatever reason.

Amazon-Exclusive-DC-Multiverse-Batman-Arkham-Knight-Batmobile-Reissue-4.jpg

It can change into battle mode tew.

Back on topic... I finished Leon’s story and I love this game. I’m going to do Claire B after I finish KHIII.

I’m also surprised I was able to find that collector’s edition a few days after release at a GameStop an hour away. That Leon statue is fantastic and looks pretty convincing next to other Hot Toys figures. I just wish they’d made Claire or Ada too. :gah:

once you get to the sewers, you can backtrack to the police station from an worker break room (in sewers - move a cabinet). When I went back to the station later, he was gone. But Mr x does get easier. Save rooms are safe, and if you stay in there for a min, he'll wonder off usually by then...so you can give yourself a tad room

Yeah, but once i got to the sewers last night, he wasn't really a problem anymore other than 1 scenario with Ada and at Umbrella later. But he was a pain in my nut at the police station so im not gonna play Claire's campaign and put myself through that again :horror
Shame really, because i do enjoy the game other than Mr X.

I have been doing a bunch of different runs, you know just absolutely loving the game. just did what I am calling my classic run (classic soundtrack+ alternate costumes) and I found it little disappointing. did Claire 1 and the attention to detail was amazing, the way the alternate costumes also affected sherry got me excited for Leon B, but for some reason that I cannot fathom is that the alternate costumes does not affect ada. her costume remains the same which why. I dunno but I am not gonna let that stop me from replying the game once more xD

Back