Repo: The Genetic Oprah.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why do you not like either of those? The movies, the musicals, or both? Just curious.

Too over dramatic combined with ultra honkey cheeseness, with a sprinkle of homosexuality..just not my type of thing,though they are well done for what they are. I enjoyed Les Misérables and Sweeney Todd though also..just not Rocky,Hedwig and especially Rent.

And! for the record, i have nothing against gay culture at all...just its not my thing in select movies.

Last edited:
If you expected a straight-out horror film you will be disappointed. This is a rock opera to and through. If you don't like musicals, it's not for you. It has shot up the list of my favorite musicals to be tied with The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Followed closely by Hedwig and the Angry Inch.

RENT I cannot stand. The only classical Broadway show I really like is The Phantom of the Opera but the movie of it sucked. Christine was annoying and Gerard Butler can't sing to save his life. Well, I really liked Wicked and Chicago too.

Trivia: Sarah Brightman (Blind Mag) originated the role of Christine in the first play back in the 80s. That is her on the original cast recording album of Phantom.

Awwww, I quite liked Gerard Butler as Erik. He was much better than I expected him to be. Emmy Rossum was an ok Christine. I've always disliked the characters of Christine and Raoul, so it doesn't matter how good a singer or actor is, I just will never care for the entire package (though I can appreciate the talent of course).

As for 'Repo: The Genetic Opera'. I quite enjoyed it. It ranks up there below 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show' for me. They both have that cooky, out-of-this-world story/concept going on and I liked it. I could have done without Paris Hilton though...bleh.

Too over dramatic combined with ultra honkey cheeseness, with a sprinkle of homosexuality..just not my type of thing,though they are well done for what they are. I enjoyed Les Misérables and Sweeney Todd though also..just not Rocky,Hedwig and especially Rent.

And! for the record, i have nothing against gay culture at all...just its not my thing in select movies.

I get what you mean. Sweeney Todd is a favorite of mine. Saw it performed by a high school once, it was actually just as good as the film version, with better singing, lol.

Waaaay off topic, but CAhobbit, that South Park House Stark sig of yours just made me spit out my coffee. A Song of Ice and Fire for the mf'n WIN!!! Brilliant!

And in an attempt to stay on topic... umm, I haven't seen this film yet, but any movie starring Skinny Puppy's Ogre gets high marks from me. I'll get around to this one some time.

Waaaay off topic, but CAhobbit, that South Park House Stark sig of yours just made me spit out my coffee. A Song of Ice and Fire for the mf'n WIN!!! Brilliant!

Ha! Great isn't it? Someone created a whole slew of South Park-esque ASOIAF families (Targaryen, Greyjoy, etc) and I had to snatch them for use, ha! Which reminds me I need to switch that out with a new one.

What the hell does Cancer have to do with anything....:confused:
Well what were you referring to when you asked how much time I had? Last you spoke to me you were giving me a hard time about how emotional I was over it.

I freaking love this movie. I've watched it every single day since I bought it.

I'm sorry I just didn't appreciate Gerard Butler's singing. Actually the girl who played Christine sang rather well but she just annoyed me for some reason. Sarah Brightman originated that role and she owned.

As for Rocky Horror and Hedwig, I maintain that people who are uncomfortable around homosexuality have issues with their own masculinity. It's not as though Frank N. Furter or Hedwig are hitting on YOU. Now that would be understandable, if a gay person was trying to come onto you. But they're just fun movies with great music and in Hedwig's case, a very moving story, and in RHPS's, just funny camp.

Well what were you referring to when you asked how much time I had? Last you spoke to me you were giving me a hard time about how emotional I was over it.

No, I was messing with you because you said something funny. "I will post more when I have more time." So...we were just messing with you, just like we do with each other around here. I have no idea where Cancer comes from...because nothing we were discussing had anything to do with Cancer, or death, or how much time you have left on this earth...but your thread.

I freaking love this movie. I've watched it every single day since I bought it.

I'm sorry I just didn't appreciate Gerard Butler's singing. Actually the girl who played Christine sang rather well but she just annoyed me for some reason. Sarah Brightman originated that role and she owned.

As for Rocky Horror and Hedwig, I maintain that people who are uncomfortable around homosexuality have issues with their own masculinity. It's not as though Frank N. Furter or Hedwig are hitting on YOU. Now that would be understandable, if a gay person was trying to come onto you. But they're just fun movies with great music and in Hedwig's case, a very moving story, and in RHPS's, just funny camp.

Ok, now you are going offside! *blows whistle*..I am very comfortable thanks, and i am from a city that hold the largest Gay Parade festival in the world( had tons of gay culture exsposure). I have been hit on by gay men quite a few times and you know what?, i have never had someone say such rude sexual comments to me initially when wanting to get to know me,never had a woman be so rude to me ever,the gay men go straight to the sex talk.Most of my friends who have gay friends(men mostly) all they want is drama and talk openly about their sexuality amongst others in public, out loud!..yes that sounds like a stereotype but, remember these movies we are talking about are "over dramatic" and i don't want to watch some guy give another guy felatio let alone in a musical/drama movie. Thats just my preference..i am not Homophobic, i am not scared of them! lol!. I usually tend to get along more with gay women, IMO/experience they are less overly flamboyant and anoying,more mature.

Remember, i still gave these movies i dislike, some credit initially in my last post.

I wish Neca would make a figure of Repo Man! How cool would that be? They seem to pick up on the cult movies.

Back