Repaints and customs by icruise

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a simple base for Bishop by painting a Sideshow base completely black, spraying it with gloss coat, and then making a pool of android blood made of white paint and gloss lacquer.

bd_bishop9.jpg

I'm also working on my "whole" Bishop. It's just a Sideshow Frank Black figure repainted and with resculpted hair. I don't really have any accessories at the moment, and of course his boots are all wrong. They're just placeholders while I look for something better. It's a little tricky to capture the skin tone I used in pictures -- it either looks too pale or too pink, but in person the likeness is very good.

bishop_whole3.jpg

bishop_whole2.jpg

bishop_whole4.jpg

Here's my repaint of the Sideshow ANH Leia figure. It went through several iterations before I figured out the best look (I think) for the makeup and skin. It's actually a little tricky to bring out the likeness in it.

leia_repaint1b.jpg

leia_repaint2b.jpg

bd_bishop9.jpg

:bow :bow :bow

I've got that exact head and a spare Sideshow body say here in a box waiting for me to do that exact custom... and you beat me to it. But I'm glad you did... yours looks amazing!!!! :rock

I just got finished playing Mass Effect for the Xbox 360 and liked it pretty well, aside from a few annoyances like how equipment is handled. One cool thing about the game is how you can interact with a variety of alien races. One of these is called the asari. Here are a couple of pictures of them.

mass_effect_asari1.jpg

mass_effect_asari2.jpg

I won a Sideshow Willow figure during spooktacular, and had been saving it to use in some sort of custom, so I decided to make an asari. I knew that when you removed Willow's hair, you get just a face, which would make things easier. Her face sculpt isn't the greatest, but beggars can't be choosers. I used a combination of epoxy putty and FIMO clay to sculpt the "tentacles" that they have on their head. I think it came out pretty well.

Right now, she doesn't have an outfit except for Boussh's shirt, which works well in that it has a high neck, which asari characters seem to wear.

asari_custom3.jpg

asari_custom1.jpg

asari_custom5.jpg

asari_custom6.jpg

asari_custom2.jpg

excellent stuff pal , the mass effect figure is great but i personally like your abe the best keep up the great work:D

I made this figure months ago, but got sidetracked and never got around to painting him until now. He was sort of an experiment to see how easy it would be to transplant a the Hasbro Cantina Band member head and hands to a Sideshow body (answer: fairly difficult). The Hasbro cantina band aliens are pretty good figures on their own (and I got them all for about $20 on ebay) but the bodies are terrible. They can barely hold their instruments at all given the crappy articulation, much less do any kind of advanced pose.

I used epoxy putty to attach the head and hands (reinforced with paper clips that I inserted into holes drilled in the arms for the hands). The sleeves of the hasbro shirt are so short that I had to make sure that the arms would look OK most of the way up, which meant doing some simple sculpting and then painting most of the arms. The paint job is based on the pictures in the Star Wars Visual Encyclopedia, which shows them to be an orangish color, and I gave him a shot of gloss coat to give him the sheen that these aliens seem to have. He looks a little spindly in the Hasbro outfit, so I may add some padding. Overall, it came out fairly well, but there's no way I'm doing it for all of them.

cantina_band3.jpg

cantina_band4.jpg

cantina_band5.jpg

cantina_band2.jpg

Last edited:
By the way, here's a shot of the rest of the band in my display case. Behind the chess set I have hidden the electronic noise box from the Walmart cantina band Galactic Heroes set, which plays the cantina band theme when you press a button. :D

cantina_band6.jpg

I'm a big fan of Fawlty Towers -- probably the best (albeit also one of the shortest) sit-coms of all time. So when I heard that the Sideshow Sir Launcelot figure from the Monty Python and the Holy Grail line was just a bald sculpt of John Cleese's head, I knew I had to try a Basil Fawlty custom. The original sculpt is not perfect -- it looks kind of puffy, while Cleese was actually very thin, but it's the best we've got. I sculpted the hair, the mustache, and the creases in the forehead using Fimo clay and then painted it and added an outfit that I put together from various parts. I guess he's based most closely on how he looked in "The Germans" -- brown suit and striped tie. I also included a "Basil the Rat" accessory for him, and the head bandage that he wore in "The Germans."

Here are a few screencaps to refresh your memory:

basilcap1.jpg

basilcap2.jpg

basilcap3.jpg

basilcap4.jpg

And here is the figure:

basil1.jpg

basil2.jpg

basil5.jpg

basil3.jpg

Ahh, another Flowery Twats fan! Still one of the best sitcoms ever. What a great character to customize. I love this one... Basil Fawlty and Basil the "hamster"! :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

basil3.jpg

Any plans to make Manuel or the "Evil Shrew"?

Back