Repaints and customs by icruise

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the Broom and the Nazi Kroenen

Im inspired and would love to replicate these myself

The grey suit really works any chance you could divulge where you got it ?

The sculpt on Broom is excellent as well btw !

with Hellboy 2 on the Horizon I forsee a renknewed interest and investments in Helboy stuff !

Thanks for the kind words. The suit is from Sideshow's Giles figure from the Buffy line, but with a white shirt instead of the gray one. The head is actually the X-Files Cigarette Smoking Man head:

broom7.jpg

I had to use a dremel to remove most of the existing hair, and then resculpted the forehead, added baggy eyes (a signature trait of John Hurt) and the hair and beard. I wasn't able to get quite the "whispy" effect that the actual character's hair has, but I think it turned out OK.

broom6.jpg

diy_nazi_kroenen3.jpg

I had to modify the hat so it would fit on his helmeted head. I cut open the band and added an extra band made of vinyl leather. I made the two belts out of strips of this same vinyl leather, using the buckles from Kroenen's original outfit. I also used one of his original knives, but painted the sheath black and added some metal fittings with epoxy putty. Aside from that, all I did was to remove the shoulder boards from both the jacket and trenchcoat and add the patches to the collars of his inner jacket. The Panzer trench coat is actually a very dark green, which shows up if you put the figure in sunlight, but otherwise it matches pretty well. Unfortunately, it's too small for him to wear over his other clothes, so I went with an "over the shoulders" look which I think works pretty well. I also needed to use one of Darth Maul's hands because the normal Kroenen hands couldn't hold the luger pistol.

If anyone wants to know what I used, here is the parts list. It came to a little over $30 without shipping. Of course, there are probably better alternatives for some of these things, and I can't guarantee that you can get the same parts that I used, since these places have limited stock.

Toy Anxiety
ITPT Panzer Trench Coat $3.99
Johann Sigel Patches $2.99
Sideshow Angel Leather Pants $4.99

War-Toys.com
Balthasar Bobby Woll | Pistol w/Holster $2.25
ITPT Von Rudstedt | Ironcross $0.45
Vassily | Leather Jacket $9.95
Willi Bauer | Hat $7.95

Very nice job. I currently have a custom Nazi Kroenen of my own, but I'm using a plain fabric DiD SS uniform. I may have to give your recipe a try to get him in his leather outfit (and use the fabric uni for my Red Skull custom).

Last edited:
I have a much more ambitious custom in mind for Abe Sapien, but here's a quickie that shows what you can do with his extra head. I based this on an outfit that appeared in the original Hellboy comic book, of Abe Sapien in disguise. In the comic he also had a fake beard, but I don't have time to make one right now, and I'm afraid it might make the whole thing unrecognizable as Abe.

I put the head on the Hunchback of Notre Dame's body and reused the hunchback's outfit for the most part, although I cut off the feet in the pants and used Abe's original shoes. The scarf is from a Habso Hoth Luke (or maybe it was Han) figure, and the hat is a Sideshow General Grant hat. I used some hot and cold water to make the brim curve down. The gloves are Faramir's.

abe_disguise1.jpg

abe_disguise2.jpg

Not bad... For a human

bd_bishop6.jpg

bd_bishop5.jpg

bd_bishop8.jpg

Here is my first Bishop custom. I say first, because I will be making a "complete" Bishop soon as well, but this seemed like a lot more fun, so I did it first. Obviously the body is the Sideshow Frank Black figure. I slightly resculpted the hair on either side of his face and made his sideburns smaller to better match his appearance in the movie.

I cut him in half (which was WAY harder than I expected -- these bodies use plastic that is much stronger than you might think) and then dremelled out his abdomen. I used epoxy putty to sculpt some android guts and cut up one of the tubes from the Hasbro 12" speederbike for the larger tubes, and used metal luggage tags cut up to form the other stuff. You didn't really see things like this in Bishop, but you did in Ash from Alien and I liked the way they looked.

bd_bishop1.jpg

bd_bishop2.jpg

I then repainted the head and the "guts." (I used a sort of light gray-yellow undercoat and went over that with white, although it's hard to see in the picture). I dressed him (using some glue to keep the uniform in place) and then added the android blood using white paint mixed with gloss coat. I still need to get him some USMC patches to put on his shoulders, and he also needs a wristwatch, but I think he turned out quite well. I'm looking forward to displaying him with my power loader (which I can't open until Christmas).

Seriously, your work is great icruise. I really like your custom bishop. The guts and all are just fantastic :emperor

You Bishop figure is just insane icruise . . . incredible work :rock

Just been looking at your other pieces in this thread too and man you are talented, please continue to share your work here.

Great job on the Bishop

You considered glossing the white stuff ? - bit risky if it doesnt work and tbh Im unsure if the real stuff was glossy ?

Just a suggestion

BTW can you tell me where you got that piping from ? Ive had a bit of a nighmare with resprays and ruined 1 set of pipes from a tie fighter pilot
so Im looking for some piping and that stuff looks like it would do the job ?

Or did you use that from another figure ?

Also whats the green stuff your modelling with ?

The white stuff is white paint and gloss coat mixed together, so it is glossy to some degree, but the photos don't make that obvious, and the clothing also seems to absorb some of it. So I may go over it again with some more gloss. I think I answered the other questions earlier in the thread.

This is just INSANE, dude! Now that's the Bishop I want...laying at the base of the Power Loader.

Super-amazing work!!!!

I love that you added him to your sig too.

Wow man, your work is really impressive... Broom is great and instantly reconizable. And the Bishop is just insane! Great work... BTW, what kind of epoxy putty do you use?

Wow man, your work is really impressive... Broom is great and instantly reconizable. And the Bishop is just insane! Great work... BTW, what kind of epoxy putty do you use?

Thanks. I think the epoxy putty is actually made for doing things like plumbing repairs and stuff, but they also sell it for hobby purposes. Games Workshop sells the same stuff. My local hobby shop buys it directly from the manufacturer and gets it much cheaper than GW. I believe I paid $12 for 3 feet of the stuff (it comes rolled up kind of like tape). I like it a lot, although it does take some getting use to, since it handles pretty differently from clay. But once you get used to it, you can accomplish pretty much the same things, and it cures on its own to be very strong. Sculpy was a pain when I was using it.

Edit: To answer your question, it's called "Kneadatite epoxy putty tape."

Last edited:
that bishop has set the bench mark of 1/2 bishops. outstanding job.

Back