Repaints and customs by icruise

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple of more Jabbas. :)

Vintage Jabba metal miniature from West End Games (painted by me). It's 2" x 0.75" large, so it looks better in person.

west_end_jabba_miniature.jpg
west_end_jabba_miniature2.jpg

I really hate the POTF Jabba figure. The sculpt is based on the terrible CGI version from the special edition of ANH, the paint job is very bare-bones, and the way they did the eyes (plastic eyeballs inset into the head) must have sounded like a good idea, but makes it look like one of those haunted house portraits with the moving eyes. Anyway, I was able to get a second one on ebay for about $1.50, so I decided to repaint it.

BEFORE
potf_jabba1.jpg
potf_jabba2.jpg

Another thing I dislike about this figure is that you can't turn his torso so that he's facing to the side, which is how we normally imagine Jabba. So I decided to fix this. It was actually pretty hard. I had to dremel the hell out of it since it's sealed shut and the plastic is insanely hard and thick.

potf_jabba_repaint3.jpg

AFTER

potf_jabba_repaint.jpg

potf_jabba_repaint2.jpg

Probably not my best work, but think it's a bit better now.

When I got my vintage Jabba shampoo bottle a while ago, I actually won an auction for two of them. Since I had an extra, I decided to repaint one of them. Something about the sculpt reminds me of a Buddha or other idol so instead of going for the realistic look, I made it look like a bronze statue. I permanently attached the head to the body and also sanded it a little bit all over with some fine grain sandpaper to help the paint stick to the plastic. The flash makes the "patina" effect a bit more prominent than it is in person.

jabba_shampoo_bronze.jpg

jabba_shampoo_bronze2.jpg

BEFORE
potf_jabba1.jpg
potf_jabba2.jpg

Another thing I dislike about this figure is that you can't turn his torso so that he's facing to the side, which is how we normally imagine Jabba. So I decided to fix this. It was actually pretty hard. I had to dremel the hell out of it since it's sealed shut and the plastic is insanely hard and thick.

potf_jabba_repaint3.jpg

AFTER

potf_jabba_repaint.jpg

potf_jabba_repaint2.jpg

Probably not my best work, but think it's a bit better now.

That's amazing! Looks worlds better.

I thought I would resurrect this thread to add my repaint of the 2010 Hasbro Vintage Collection Jabba and throne. I have some information about it on my blog.

hasbro_2010_jabba_repaint1.jpg

hasbro_2010_jabba_repaint3.jpg

hasbro_2010_jabba_repaint21.jpg

hasbro_2010_jabba_repaint4.jpg

Also, I recently finished painting the AMT/ERTL Rancor. Took quite a while, although that's mostly because I had troubling finding the time to work on it. I added a custom base to it. There's more info on my blog (in my signature). More info on my blog.

This is how it started out:

amt_ertl_rancor2.jpg

And this is the finished product:

amt_ertl_rancor_painted2.jpg

amt_ertl_rancor_painted3.jpg

amt_ertl_rancor_painted1.jpg

amt_ertl_rancor_painted5.jpg

amt_ertl_rancor_painted4.jpg

Back