(Repainting) 1/6 Hot Toys 1989 Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LegendOfZelda

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I was one of the unlucky ones to receive a scratched Hot Toys 1989 Batmobile :mad:

So, I'm considering repainting the entire thing to make it look more like metallic matte finish, opposed to the plastic looking finish.

Anyone done this? Thoughts and considerations before I start taking her apart?

22868852690_e8b6cf9a59_b.jpg

I like the idea of a metalic look. However, the most important question is: Do you have any experience paiting this type of collectibles? If not maybe you should test in a smaller piece before going to big. :lecture

Good idea! I'm definitely going to test on a smaller piece. I've found the exact look I'm going after. Check out this video of the Predator battle damaged helmet before and after.

Good luck!
I've had mine totally apart for a year now. Just dont have the time for it.
It is a much more extensive job than it appears, especially the screens and windshields and such.
Be prepared to grind and break glue bonds and plastic welds.
Not trying to discourage you, just want you to know what to expect.
Wishing you the best of luck and looking forward to your progress pics!

Make sure you get a plastic adhesion promotor so paint will stick to the plastic. You can then spray with a high build primer filler to fill in scratches. Wet sand with around 1000 grit sand paper so paint will have something to adhere to. Then spray black basecoat. Wet sand black basecoat with around 1500 grit sand paper then clear coat if you want to make the black pop.

Back