Action Figure Repainted AOU Titan Hero Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Silver and gold details added. It's hard to get an accurate photo of the red with a cell phone. I'll take some real photos of it when I'm finished.

Also, something that I did was after I was done with the silver and gold, I sprayed a bunch of red into a little paint cup, used two small paint brushes and went back around and touched up the areas where I got gold and silver on the red (where I didn't want them to be). Probably a no brainer to those who are veteran painters, but for the newbies giving this a go, it looks way better after going back with the red to clean things up. Because my red is spray paint, there's no way to get minute little details with the spray can.

Now I'm sealing and then going to go back over it and do a black wash to bring out all of the fine details. Then sealed again and finished!

1907469_10153915241524460_3802883084365401215_n.jpg

10407029_10153915324844460_213109738402637618_n.jpg

Silver and gold details added. It's hard to get an accurate photo of the red with a cell phone. I'll take some real photos of it when I'm finished.

Also, something that I did was after I was done with the silver and gold, I sprayed a bunch of red into a little paint cup, used two small paint brushes and went back around and touched up the areas where I got gold and silver on the red (where I didn't want them to be). Probably a no brainer to those who are veteran painters, but for the newbies giving this a go, it looks way better after going back with the red to clean things up. Because my red is spray paint, there's no way to get minute little details with the spray can.

Now I'm sealing and then going to go back over it and do a black wash to bring out all of the fine details. Then sealed again and finished!

Looking good so far!

I took mine apart over the weekend and removed the electronics, locked the right fist into place and set the "punch" button flush into the arm. I'm looking into LEDs but am not sure I'm going to go through with it unless I can find a good way to light the eyes. I might try to dremel the eyes from underneath but they are so narrow that there's no room for error. I've been taking pics as I go and will try to post some once I get him primed up. I have a second HB for my son for Easter and I still plan on picking up one more for an Iron Patriot paint job.

I might try to dremel the eyes from underneath but they are so narrow that there's no room for error. I've been taking pics as I go and will try to post some once I get him primed up. I have a second HB for my son for Easter and I still plan on picking up one more for an Iron Patriot paint job.

For the eyes, you want to cut them with a scalpel from the front first. Scribe the shapes carefully(And stay well within the lines). I use a number 25 blade in a Swann Morton number four handle.
Once you are *sure* you have cut down at least one full millimetre on each cut, THEN start dremelling. When the Dremel cutting head is 1mm from the surface, the eyes will pop out due to the surface cuts.

For the eyes, you want to cut them with a scalpel from the front first. Scribe the shapes carefully(And stay well within the lines). I use a number 25 blade in a Swann Morton number four handle.
Once you are *sure* you have cut down at least one full millimetre on each cut, THEN start dremelling. When the Dremel cutting head is 1mm from the surface, the eyes will pop out due to the surface cuts.

Thanks for the info, I'll definitely give it a go. Do you know how the head comes off the inside "neck" piece? I saw a pic on the first page where the head is separate but didn't want to use too much force trying to remove it.

Thanks for the info, I'll definitely give it a go. Do you know how the head comes off the inside "neck" piece? I saw a pic on the first page where the head is separate but didn't want to use too much force trying to remove it.

I'm not sure. The technique i was describing was a general one. I don't have the figure yet(We are at the arse end of distribution here in Scotland, lol), although if it doesn't turn up soon, i shall be tapping my brethren(Or sistren) here to hook me up with one.
I'd imagine it to be the same as Avengers Cap(Which i did get). You have a hard plastic neck and a vinyl head. Heat the head up enough and it will pop off.
Use a hair dryer on the head for five minutes then see if it loosens off.

I'm not sure. The technique i was describing was a general one. I don't have the figure yet(We are at the arse end of distribution here in Scotland, lol), although if it doesn't turn up soon, i shall be tapping my brethren(Or sistren) here to hook me up with one.
I'd imagine it to be the same as Avengers Cap(Which i did get). You have a hard plastic neck and a vinyl head. Heat the head up enough and it will pop off.
Use a hair dryer on the head for five minutes then see if it loosens off.

Yeah, once you get this guy apart, the head is still attached to an inner collar and would be a little easier to work with if it was by itself. I'll see if heating it up helps.

Thanks again for the tips and best of luck getting this guy.:duff

Yeah, once you get this guy apart, the head is still attached to an inner collar and would be a little easier to work with if it was by itself. I'll see if heating it up helps.

Thanks again for the tips and best of luck getting this guy.:duff

Thanks. I have a lot of friends on here who will help out if need be.
I watched Shartimus prime's review and it looks like the head is that soft vinyl. So it should pop off easy enough.

Here is mine still lots to be done lost the gold paint need to go back to buy one ...I'm going more of a battle damaged ....the reds don't look right in the pictures should be done by Friday. It's my first time doing anything like this, but happy eith the progress uploadfromtaptalk1426027604680.jpg

Looking good! Glad to see some people trying this who have never painted before. It's the perfect piece to learn on, IMO.

I cut a hole and added lenses in the eyes so that it will light up. Let me see if I have a picture

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Looking good so far!

I took mine apart over the weekend and removed the electronics, locked the right fist into place and set the "punch" button flush into the arm. I'm looking into LEDs but am not sure I'm going to go through with it unless I can find a good way to light the eyes. I might try to dremel the eyes from underneath but they are so narrow that there's no room for error. I've been taking pics as I go and will try to post some once I get him primed up. I have a second HB for my son for Easter and I still plan on picking up one more for an Iron Patriot paint job.

I did this. Used a flat screw driver to cut a hole carefully then inserted a lens inside. Lens I made from old plastic from my correction tape casing lol.

Back