Action Figure Repainted AOU Titan Hero Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty much already been said, but amazing work. Props to ironmann and thanks for sharing. I'd definitely love one of these, especially with a paint app. like that.

Also, I'm not sure how critical this really is but any time you repaint something plastic like this, you're supposed to scrub it down first with something like dish soap and a tooth brush. When it's made, they spray a releasing agent on the mold so that it comes out easier. Some of that is still on the plastic and the paint (supposedly) doesn't stick as well if you don't scrub it off first.

I always do it, but I don't know if you'd have problems or not if you skipped that step. I'd rather not go through all of the trouble just to have the paint flake off, so it's worth the 10 minutes of scrubbing.

Definitely planned on doing this. Much better to be safe than sorry.

Got the figure. Just need to get some satin clear coat and the gundam pen from Amazon, and I'll begin this project. Looks too amazing to pass up. Picked up the figure last night. Anyone else get a chance to listen to the audio from this thing? Lol

Ordered my supplies. Going with the Tamiya Metallic Red spray. Excited for my first custom in years.

Last edited:
Here's a friends site. I got him the iron man color codes (some anyway) and he agreed to offer them. Really great deal

Movie cars

Any updates on other people's HulkBuster? Starting mine this weekend and was curious to see how others are turning out. Work in progress pictures would be awesome as well!

Any updates on other people's HulkBuster? Starting mine this weekend and was curious to see how others are turning out. Work in progress pictures would be awesome as well!

Got a primer coat and black base coat on mine.

VRezk9p.jpg

ZfoTHZo.jpg

Also tested some "candy red" paint for his eventual color.

PRGAabJ.jpg

wow all these repaints are so incredible good job guys thats a baller figure sculpt, goes to show you how long a paint job can take a figure both for the good and the bad

Mine is still just sitting here with primer on it, we've had several days of cold, cloudy, rainy weather. Supposed to clear and warm up starting tomorrow so hopefully more pics soon.

Looks great, Pixel! Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Mine is still just sitting here with primer on it, we've had several days of cold, cloudy, rainy weather. Supposed to clear and warm up starting tomorrow so hopefully more pics soon.

This is exactly my hold up as well. Wanted to get the primer and first coat of paint started, but there's nothing but rain in the forecast until Friday. Will definitely update once I actually have something.

Just started mine ...only had time to primer the beast...have to go to Home Depot to pick up a red can...any specific red like a candy apple or just regular red any help would be appreciated thanks.uploadfromtaptalk1425619093497.jpguploadfromtaptalk1425619102090.jpg

Has anyone tried adding weight into the boots yet? Just received mine and seems like we can take it apart to add weight inside. Just not sure what yet.

Just started mine ...only had time to primer the beast...have to go to Home Depot to pick up a red can...any specific red like a candy apple or just regular red any help would be appreciated thanks.View attachment 170693View attachment 170694

Great pictures!! Cherry red is what was recommended and what I'm personally going with. Will be posting pictures tonight of mine. Hope this helps!

Back