Rene Belloq 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cancelled my EX and im glad I did. Im a BIG raidiers fan, and although the idol dio is excellent, Im REALLY dissapointed with Belloq. Hes Indy's arch-enemy! The suit is off, the sculpt is off. Im sure that developing a figure such as this takes a lot of time and money so if this is the case, why not get it right? The Indy fig has problems, but most feel its worth the price. THIS? I dont think so. Hopefuly Thot is better.

My Belloq Ex. arrives Tuesday and although there is an overwhelming negative reaction to this release I'm reserving judgement (as I always do) until I have him in hand. I'm looking forward to the environment--- the Belloq has me feeling a great deal more trepidation.

Mine arrives Tuesday as well and I'm still looking forward to getting him, despite the negative criticisms here. They're all valid points, and I agree that for the price point, he should be perfect. If this were another line, even SW, I think I would have dropped him too. But I think my affection for Raiders lets me overlook the shortcomings and price. And I think the fact that the line may die after Toht also adds to my wanting Belloq since it's very possible we will only ever have these 3 figures for the SSC Jones line.

I've listed my Belloq from the Exclusive on eBay for $60 ($20 cheaper than retail), and nobody is even watching it.

I just don't get what's going on. I truly hope SS gets back into the groove and starts addressing some of these major complaints. Because within the last 3 years I've seen a number of major disappointments, and that is not normal for SideShow. What really gives?

I think the Sideshow production value is actually about the same as it's always been, but with a few surprisingly good exceptions like the Indy sculpt and the older Jedi Luke. What I think is really happening the last three years is that Hot Toys has so totally blown the competition out of the water with their abitlity raise the bar with each new figure, especially in head sculpts that Sideshow's lack of advancement makes them appear to be moving backward in quality when they were the top of the game once upon a time. Asian cultures, in this case Hot Toys Chinese culture, are just better at detail when they really want to impress. Did you see the Olympic opening ceremonies for Pete's sake. Damn! Their quality control is about personal pride and public honor. We don't have that much in the U.S. In the states, it's all about the bottom line $$$. Hot Toys cares first about the quality, then they get the money. Sideshow thinks of the money, then how little they have to put into it to make money. Eventually, SS lack of quality will lead to lack of money, and they will Chapter 11. And in this American economy...

Back when they were $50 - $60 a piece I would agree with you. But the quality is the same today for higher prices. Tell me how any of the recent releases are better than Jedi Luke, Anakin, Kit Fisto, or X-files Skinner.

Indy head sculpt and Clone Wars General Kenobi are the only ones that come to mind, but even those have other issues in production quality. SS just isn't HT, but they think that the kind of money HT gets means they can charge more too. That, and they are going after pricier licenses.

I am getting mine today. To get the wrinkles out of the pants, soak them in cold water than hang dry? Is that recommended for the jacket as well? I am going to remove the tie for now and probably try and get a light blue shirt and possibly remove the snap, I will see how my jacket is.

Hot Toys cares first about the quality, then they get the money. Sideshow thinks of the money, then how little they have to put into it to make money. SS just isn't HT, but they think that the kind of money HT gets means they can charge more too. That, and they are going after pricier licenses.

That's a pretty bold statement and entirely full of crap.

I think the Sideshow production value is actually about the same as it's always been, but with a few surprisingly good exceptions like the Indy sculpt and the older Jedi Luke. What I think is really happening the last three years is that Hot Toys has so totally blown the competition out of the water with their abitlity raise the bar with each new figure, especially in head sculpts that Sideshow's lack of advancement makes them appear to be moving backward in quality when they were the top of the game once upon a time. Asian cultures, in this case Hot Toys Chinese culture, are just better at detail when they really want to impress. Did you see the Olympic opening ceremonies for Pete's sake. Damn! Their quality control is about personal pride and public honor. We don't have that much in the U.S. In the states, it's all about the bottom line $$$. Hot Toys cares first about the quality, then they get the money. Sideshow thinks of the money, then how little they have to put into it to make money. Eventually, SS lack of quality will lead to lack of money, and they will Chapter 11. And in this American economy...

You clearly missed the GIANT wall they built surrounding the city to hide all of the slums and homeless people. What about ALL of the people they forced to move out of the city so the city didn't look like what it really is. China spend all of that money on the Olympics for one thing, showing the world that they are a new economic power when there have a very high poverty rate and zero rights. I also 100% disagree that Sideshow thinks of money first, it is definitely something they have to think about, like any business but there stuff is more of a collectors item than Hot Toys is, so I think SideShow tries to take more pride in what they put out than thinking about money first but with anything it can be a hit or a miss. Sideshow also has more different types of products they produce too, not just 1/6th. In which case you cannot DENY that there 1/4th and most of there 1:1 stuff is amazing.

I've listed my Belloq from the Exclusive on eBay for $60 ($20 cheaper than retail), and nobody is even watching it.

I think I saw that one last night. I was tempted to just put down a bid for $60 but even though I really want the figure I don't think I have $60 plus shipping to throw down for him now. Hopefully I'll be able to pick him up later on and yeah that stinks if you paid $140 for the idol base and don't want the figure and can't even sell it.

Thats what I figured would happen and why I didn't get the Exclusive yet. I really don't want to pay $150 just for the environment. I think we will see Belloq on contest giveway status very soon.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the environment by itself would fetch $150 on ebay. So you probably be better off paying the $150 and getting a "bonus" Belloq figure!

look there is only a 1000 EX and 1000 regular ... so dont be suprised if they are both sold out in the next week or so ... dont see this one being around long at all .... i know there are 2000 people that will want this one

That's a pretty bold statement and entirely full of crap.

That's my opinion based on what I see in their figures. I'm not talking world politics here, just toys and what I see coming our of both companies. Hot Toys gives up Harvey Dent quality likenesses, and Sideshow gives us Belloq. Speaks for itself.

You clearly missed the GIANT wall they built surrounding the city to hide all of the slums and homeless people. What about ALL of the people they forced to move out of the city so the city didn't look like what it really is. China spend all of that money on the Olympics for one thing, showing the world that they are a new economic power when there have a very high poverty rate and zero rights.

Not talking about the government, I'm talking about individual pride in the people Hot Toys employs. Perhaps I missed the mark by using the Olympics as an example. I was referring to the precision of the show and performers, not the ego of the powers that be over there. Yes, the nation has issues, but I admire what the people can accomplish.

...but there stuff is more of a collectors item than Hot Toys is, so I think SideShow tries to take more pride in what they put out...

Show me that evidence. Hot Toys quality and value is higher, and production runs, I believe, are fewer, which by definition makes them more collectible.

Sideshow also has more different types of products they produce too, not just 1/6th. In which case you cannot DENY that there 1/4th and most of there 1:1 stuff is amazing.

100% agree with that. I was directing my comments toward their 1/6 stuff though since that is the scale of this thread subject.

My apologies for offending people. I hope I've explained my intentions. I wasn't trying to show my political or racial ignorance or anything.

WOR-GAR! YOUR BELLOQ SUITE COAT IS DEFECTIVE! I JUST GOT MINE OUT OF THE BOX AND IT IS NOWHERE EVEN CLOSE TO BEING AS TIGHT AS YOURS! GET A REPLACEMENT!

I'll try to get pics up later, but trust me, you got a dud.

WOR-GAR! YOUR BELLOQ SUITE COAT IS DEFECTIVE! I JUST GOT MINE OUT OF THE BOX AND IT IS NOWHERE EVEN CLOSE TO BEING AS TIGHT AS YOURS! GET A REPLACEMENT!

I'll try to get pics up later, but trust me, you got a dud.

Good! So there's hope for me!

Thanks for the heads up. I'll call Sideshow right now.

Please post pics, I need to see what its supposed to look like.

No pics yet (going to Friday the 13th in just a few minutes), but my Belloq only looks like yours when I put the stand around his waist (the added bulk of the back of the stand pulling it back quite a bit. So it is definately messed up on yours. Will post pics when I get back (haven't even gotten to open the Chamber yet!).

I got mine today and I agree with most criticism of the figure but I also think it is much better in person. My coat is tight but not too bad, the pants seem too tight though, should be a little baggier. For now I have it setup with the tie on the coat buttoned and holding the gun, it covers up the mid section a bit. I think I am eventually going to go with the blue shirt route and take the tie off.

Good! So there's hope for me!

Thanks for the heads up. I'll call Sideshow right now.

Please post pics, I need to see what its supposed to look like.

comparegp6.jpg

I futzed with mine a bit. No more snap, aka 'Gee, Top Stick sure does come in handy'

Head tilt with the fedora tipped down, gangster style, homey. Checkin the watch, "I think it's time for me to blast these fools"

belloqnosnapwz6.jpg

Back