Reliable Backup and Disaster Recovery System

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aveline Dannel

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi! Is there anyone here who knows about a reliable backup and disaster recovery system that can ensure safety of files in the office. We recently had a problem with our computer. Unfortunately, some files were not recovered. Now we want to ensure they are not exposed to danger or risk as we transfer to a new location. Any suggestions? Thanks!

I use Carbonite to back up all of my lesson plans, student files, etc. I have some insane amount of gigs backed up. When my hard drive died, I didn't even skip a beat because I knew everything was backed up.

I just have a 4gb NAS that has mirrored (if one dies other has the same info) that all the PCs backup to weekly. For the most important files they are on fireproof/waterproof drive that is stored in a fireproof and water proof safe. The important files that have no private info are also on Microsoft one drive and saved as attachments on gmail address.

Thank you for your suggestions. I'll add them to my very short list. Right now it only has ETQ since that was what my friend suggested. Maybe you've heard of them?

Back