regarding the deteriorating dome of HT ED-209

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8th wonder

Super Freak
Reaction score
just read this in a recent interview:

Has Hot Toys considered creating a replacement part program for the pieces and parts that seem to be deteriorating on some figures? Example: the rubber used on the dome of ED-209 or the broken legs on the Aliens warriors figures?

HT: Yes, we do, but we only accept replacement claim via our official website with some criteria.

So what do we do?

Funny, I sent several e-mails to them asking about a replacement for my ED-209 dome with no response.

i'm gonna go ahead and guess the "some criteria" part means "some $$$$".

Or some criteria means any part except the rubber dome for ED. I've sent them several emails, too, with no response. I think if you type in English, they just delete it.

Yeah same here I've sent multiple emails and what they mean is a receipt of purchase and pictures of the problem which is what I sent out when I emailed about my Robocop.

If they don't respond, perhaps a mail in Chinese could do the trick? But of course, who knows Chinese around here...

:mona

I don't understand. I once had a problem with the Briarios figure. I sent them ONE email, and they helped me right away. And I wrote in English too :D. I can only say good things about the HT customer service. But of course that doesn't solve the ED209 dome problem. The dome of my ED209 is in good shape, at least it was the last time I checked... But, having a replacement part - just in case - wouldn't be bad. My guess is they are completely out of extra parts for the older figures. If they would send out replacement domes, they would have to make them, and that would cost.
Well, assuming they would have to make new domes to replace the rotting ones, I hope they use a different kind of rubber that time.

why the hell is the dome made of rubber? it would look the same in hard plastic and would be cheaper and won't warp.
bet it was just an excuse to jack the price up

I just watched Robocop for the first time in ten years, and I really want to pick up the Hot Toys ED-209, but this is pretty much stopping me.

Can someone please post pics/be a little more specific about what exactly happens.

I just watched Robocop for the first time in ten years, and I really want to pick up the Hot Toys ED-209, but this is pretty much stopping me

Not the fact that you basically can't find one new in box (Not battle-damaged)?, and the price

I have a battle damaged that I bought from someone in the forum and theres no problems, hopefully there won't be any. I also found a bd in an unopened box online as well. Thats still sitting in the brown shipper box.....

Also, what if you have the ed 209 that you bought from an online store, or even a private seller, can you still get a replacement part or is it void? cause you did not by form them? does that make sense?....

Not the fact that you basically can't find one new in box (Not battle-damaged)?, and the price

If I decide I want something, price and wait time aren't a problem. I waited and searched ebay 2 years before I got a Blade Runner blaster I was content with.

One will show up, but my question remains, can someone post a picture of their own deteriorating dome, so I can see just what the problem is?

I think some people said the rubber started the peel-off in the corners?

Not sure how HT could replace the dome anyway unless they replaced the whole ED209 figure - a new rubber dome would just put us back to the beginning and would deteriate again eventually.

Last edited:
Here are a couple new pics of mine since that previous thread.

p1020376qs6.jpg

p1020378rj3.jpg

Back