regarding the deteriorating dome of HT ED-209

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have tinted windows and mine still did just like the above pics. It's a combination of sunlight and HEAT. The heat just dries it out and it splits. I'm in southern CA and it gets brutally hot and DRY. There was no way mine was gonna stay in good shape no matter what.

Thin rubber does not belong on toys at all. Just like the LOTR Cave Troll where they put it on his face. As soon as it flexes it starts to rip.

I have tinted windows and mine still did just like the above pics. It's a combination of sunlight and HEAT. The heat just dries it out and it splits. I'm in southern CA and it gets brutally hot and DRY. There was no way mine was gonna stay in good shape no matter what.

Thin rubber does not belong on toys at all. Just like the LOTR Cave Troll where they put it on his face. As soon as it flexes it starts to rip.

hi i saw viraptor fix his ED really nice job too!
hope this helps
https://www.youtube.com/user/ViiRaptor#p/u/10/rPAZkWWus4w:clap

I feel like I am the only person in the world that has no damage on his ED dome. Knock on wood. I'm sure it's just a matter of time...sadly.

Listen to silentsurfer and contact blind voyeur for a resin cast of the dome. That's what I did as well.
hmm probably a good idea. what did that cost?
I feel like I am the only person in the world that has no damage on his ED dome. Knock on wood. I'm sure it's just a matter of time...sadly.
no mine is still fine too. but, i'm not taking any chances with it. i'd feel a lot better if i had a replacement that will actually last just in case.

i think those are a different type of rubber and they're not stretched over anything, so they're probably fine. the guy from the link i posted earlier made some white resin replacements for all the rubber parts.

If not too severe you can repair it.... but you no longer can stretch it long term as new breaks would appear:

Here: Before
e209.jpg

After repaired with super-glue, if not too severe elasticity is not greatly effected.
repaired_ed209.jpg

wow, this is really scary, this thread is old but, i never knew this could happen, makes me wonder what other figures can deteriorate, like the preds and their dreads...

Hot Toys and their rubbers!! :rock Crap as almost always.

yeah, i just spend the last 20 minutes looking at both threads speaking about this issue and...wow, i never knew this could happen, I mean, I know HT is extremely delicate and everything but for stuff to break without touching, wow:slap
that's really sad, really bad,
I mean, When the 18 inch Neca pred netting issue came up, I mentioned that some types of materials break with time, but, Neca is Neca, I never thought this would happened to a figure like this,

people are paying hundreds, sometimes thousands of bucks for figures that have an Expiration date on them....
enjoy the HT figures while you can i guess...:monkey2

oh, :monkey2 I hear you, i hope, i have berserker and might get classic, and thinking about the dreads falling gives me nightmares, just makes me shiver :monkey3

Don't worry about the preds dude. I got some of the oldest Leeds hot toys has made from the AVP line to the Predator 2 line and haven't suffered any deterioration on the dreads whatsoever. You'll be fine and these preds should last you a long time.

people are paying hundreds, sometimes thousands of bucks for figures that have an Expiration date on them....
enjoy the HT figures while you can i guess...

DX Batman, Sarah Connor, Dutch, Rambo, Alien warrior, ED209...just a few with rubber problems.

Back