"Redemption" Shawkshank Andy 1/6 figure coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I decided to e-mail Art-Figures last night asking about the possibility of them making an Ellis Boyd (Red) Redding and this was their answer:

Dear Sir,

I feel very happy to hearing from you. You have referred in your last letter that Morgan Freeman Character from the movie are in our plan. We will produce more and more old characters.

Thanks very much & Best wishes

It looks like we'll be getting Red after all. When they said "more older characters" my mind simply raced! This is awesome news!!!! :D

awesome news. maybe that means someone will finally do the mcmurphy i (and i definitely know you) have been waiting for :rock

Hells yes bro! Both me and Rock83 have been dreaming about this figure for a while now. Art-Figures appears to be a brand new company, I was thinking of sending them links to threads like this. Maybe we can start a 70's-80's classic request thread so they can see the support.

Hells yes bro! Both me and Rock83 have been dreaming about this figure for a while now. Art-Figures appears to be a brand new company, I was thinking of sending them links to threads like this. Maybe we can start a 70's-80's classic request thread so they can see the support.

sounds like a plan to me dude. you might turn out to be their wookster! if they did this fine a job on their first fig, it means they'll only get better and better. and if they see there is a desire for figures from other movies such as this, then they could become the company that continues giving us those classics. it's certainly a niche since a lot of people seem to want more action movie related figures for whatever reason. but there are enough of us who love these older movies and would love figures from them.

i mean the possibilities really are endless. HT are great and Enterbay are great. I even like Medicom. But they all have their patterns for choosing licenses. I like AF's style for trying something different!

sounds like a plan to me dude. you might turn out to be their wookster! if they did this fine a job on their first fig, it means they'll only get better and better. and if they see there is a desire for figures from other movies such as this, then they could become the company that continues giving us those classics. it's certainly a niche since a lot of people seem to want more action movie related figures for whatever reason. but there are enough of us who love these older movies and would love figures from them.

i mean the possibilities really are endless. HT are great and Enterbay are great. I even like Medicom. But they all have their patterns for choosing licenses. I like AF's style for trying something different!

Couldn't agree more dude. The way I see it is this, its all a win win situation. A company like this one will only produce 100-150 of each release. This is more than enough to cater the smaller crowds and turn a decent profit. So everyone is happy. I think companies like HT's don't bother because they know once all the die hards are pleased they're left with alot of stock.

Couldn't agree more dude. The way I see it is this, its all a win win situation. A company like this one will only produce 100-150 of each release. This is more than enough to cater the smaller crowds and turn a decent profit. So everyone is happy. I think companies like HT's don't bother because they know once all the die hards are pleased they're left with alot of stock.

That is a well said post and very accurate to what is the reality of it. *claps*

I love niche figures based on movies that many wouldn't even expect a figure would be made from them. 1994 should have been the year of SSR btw, not Gump. Best movie not to win Best Picture! I think EW said that even.

Well I decided to e-mail Art-Figures last night asking about the possibility of them making an Ellis Boyd (Red) Redding and this was their answer:

Dear Sir,

I feel very happy to hearing from you. You have referred in your last letter that Morgan Freeman Character from the movie are in our plan. We will produce more and more old characters.

It looks like we'll be getting Red after all. When they said "more older characters" my mind simply raced! This is awesome news!!!! :D

I love you giver of great news! I need Red to be with his life partner.

I hope they give him a sound chip as well so he can go through all the narrations of the film. "I miss my friend."

Dear Sir,

Excellent news! I can only imagine what else they have planned.

just bought one of these from ABC. Not paid yet but I'm hoping they'll wait a few days until I do. Can't miss this one. Awesome pics Voorhees , I missed those. :rock

Even though we're a small group here I will make sure I post any new information as it comes. I am just as excited as all of you. The Shawshank Redemption is the Rocky of the new age imo. No fist fights, just pure hope, patience and determination ............. in the end the film just delivers.

I was watching the special features yesterday (Blu Ray) and the founder of IMDB mentions that SSR is always in a continuous battle with The Godfather for top spot. We're talking about over 500,000 unique voters too.

I'm so glad to have at least half of the puzzle so far. Good times!

Congrats Tay, you're gonna love this purchase. The figure alone is amazing but the desk and chair is the icing on the cake imo.

Well... I didn't even get the desk. :eek::lol
There wasn't much point since I've not got alot of room and the figure will be posed in a detolf that needs more room for figures too.
I think I'll pose mine excatly how you have yours , hands in pockets. Can't wait to see if we get Red !. :rock:D

Is the body ok then ?. It stands up pretty good it seems ?.

The body is pretty decent but I had to play with the feet to get him to stand right. The shoes/feet were pretty stiff. Still very good though. Actually if you don't have the room its a good thing you didn't get the desk then, it takes up alot of space.

The body is pretty decent but I had to play with the feet to get him to stand right. The shoes/feet were pretty stiff. Still very good though. Actually if you don't have the room its a good thing you didn't get the desk then, it takes up alot of space.

thats what I thought , that and theres quite a few things I'd like to buy at the minute so anything I can save helps. I just hope we get a decent Freeman sculpt. Fingers crossed I guess !. :monkey1

My computer is pretty much dead by the way , I need a new one or something to fix whatever is wrong and making everytihng close so.... you might have the shawshank sig a little longer. :lol

Determination? Nooo!

All he did was crawl through a mile of ____ and piss.... seriously though, if that isn't what champion stuff is made of, I don't know what is. THAT MOVIE FRIGGIN' ROCKS!

Roy wants to get the sisters to create a scene he felt should have happened. I kid.

So how many characters would you guys buy from this film, or beyond Andy and Red, who would you get?

Aside from Red this is what i'd buy if priced right:

Warden Norton

Captain Hadley

Heywood

For the record Eli. if we were both sent to Shawshank the sisters would have set up a "meet and greet" just for you. :lol

I like how in that email they mentioned other older characters. That screams awesome. I can't wait to see what they put out. :rock

Aside from Red this is what i'd buy if priced right:

Warden Norton

Captain Hadley

Heywood

For the record Eli. if we were both sent to Shawshank the sisters would have set up a "meet and greet" just for you. :lol

Well, this is true, I am the prettier one of the two. They always go after the pretty ones first. *buys a pretty boy mask and staples it to your face*

Back