Red Sonja

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victοr

BANNED
Reaction score
Here's your new Red Sonja!

hannah_john_kamen.jpg

red_sonja_B_1024x1024@2x.jpg

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/m...h-john-kamen-movie-casting-exclusive-4174678/

PerfectPointedGoldfinch-size_restricted.gif

I just don't know anymore.

Can't you just call her Brown Sonya? Her hair is brown after all.

Dye her hair red, bulk her up, and it could work. Ultimately, all the movie needs to do is capture the feel of pulpy old-school fantasy. They can accomplish that with nearly anyone they cast... but usually when producers/casting directors make choices like this, it's an indication that they were never interested in the source material to begin with.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope this and Netflix's Conan feel like an airbrushed painting on the side of a van come to life. But I'm not convinced that this generation of writers possesses that sensibility.

I know I will get an argument but if Momoa was as muscular for Conan as he was for Aquaman he would have been perfect. Other than size Momoa was closer to the literary Conan than Arnold. And his face matched comic book Conan more than Arnold as well.

It was his acting. He is still not a good actor. Arnold wasn't great either at the time, just had a better story/director.

I like her. I liked the syfy show Killjoys, and her character was great.

But as Red Sonja..... :dunno I have a bad feeling about this.

I didn't care for her much as Ghost in Antman & The Wasp either, but it didn't really matter.

I think she could work fine in the role. She’s a gorgeous actress, and just needs to be in incredible shape and properly styled, including the red hair. I haven’t really seen her in much, so don’t know if she has the acting chops.
I thought Momoa was pretty good as Conan, but the script and direction were weak.

Not sure if I can buy her in red hair. She does have a good look though. I can't remember much about Ant-Man 2, just that it was the worst MCU movie by far.

Why dont they just create new character my god stop taking creative liberties with the source material. If you going to make a red sonja movie cast someone that looks like her comic book counterpart. This chick looks nothing like red sonja, if they wanted to make a movie starring this girl well put in some work, actually create a new character or something you cant just cast someone that looks nothing like the source and call it Red Sonja. Have they lost their god damn minds. I will be patiently waiting for the blade movie featuring a white actor. Or a movie about George Washington featuring a black actor as Mr. Washington, or better yet cast a white dude to play martin luthur king. What is happening at both DC and Marvel is simply mind boggling.

Don't see why it can't work. I still remember everyone losing their minds when Heath Ledger was cast as the Joker, and we got an amazing and iconic portrayal.

Maybe her having red hair is the reason why she gets the name. It's certainly a different look than most black people.

She's just gonna be called "Sonja" in the new movie.

Calling her "Red' because of her red hair is sexist.... :lol

Maybe they'll give her a new nickname in the movie... Ball Crusher Sonja, the destroyer of men.

It's weird that they don't want people of a different race even so much as voicing minority characters anymore yet....

Why dont they just create new character my god stop taking creative liberties with the source material. If you going to make a red sonja movie cast someone that looks like her comic book counterpart. This chick looks nothing like red sonja, if they wanted to make a movie starring this girl well put in some work, actually create a new character or something you cant just cast someone that looks nothing like the source and call it Red Sonja. Have they lost their god damn minds. I will be patiently waiting for the blade movie featuring a white actor. Or a movie about George Washington featuring a black actor as Mr. Washington, or better yet cast a white dude to play martin luthur king. What is happening at both DC and Marvel is simply mind boggling.

She'll tell people that where she comes from Red means hope and has nothing to do with color.

Well actually, they call her Red Sonja in this one because she's a communist sympathizer. :chase

Back