Red Sonja PF!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
redcompare.jpg

Having fun with Gimp cuz I'm bored at the moment- found two pics that are close to the same angle... head on the left is the closest up view we have of her, head on the right was shrunk down to match. head on the left is lower quality but you can still make out the eyes are similar, although a little darker cuz she's not being blasted with light, still has pink in the corners. Expression still looks the same to me, you can see red in the cheeks of both. The lips on the right are glossy, could be on the left one also (possibly the reason the color doesn't look uniform)

p.s. I still haven't gotten my conversion notice...
hypno.jpg
cancel... CANCEL... :mummy

Just throwing this out there, again im new to the PF's and statues but I have babydoll, baroness and deadpool and they all look like proto pictures, just saying... Think waiting for PF PO's is going to be a No going forward if everybody considers this the Norm, just disappointing :( :( :(

PS.
Has anybody asked a member at sideshow whats up with the new photos?

Just throwing this out there, again im new to the PF's and statues but I have babydoll, baroness and deadpool and they all look like proto pictures, just saying... Think waiting for PF PO's is going to be a No going forward if everybody considers this the Norm, just disappointing :( :( :(

PS.
Has anybody asked a member at sideshow whats up with the new photos?

The photos are of a production piece.
You will not get a professionally painted statue for $400.

Prototype, profesionally painted statue that the factory will try to copy.
Production, statue painted by Chinese Factory workers.

Come back next week and I'll join you with my pitchfork if it looks crap.
From what I've seen it's looking like a nice statue.

QoD is also there own, they'd have a lot more to lose if she wasnt

The point still stands that when they want a production piece to match the proto SSC makes it happen. I don't see why they should get a "pass" because THEY make more profits off one statue vs. another. The price is the same to the consumer. They've shown what they can do when they want to, there's no excuse not to deliver consistent quality across the board.

You will not get a professionally painted statue for $400.

All PF's are "professionally painted." The employees at the factory don't work for free. It's their job to paint things correctly. And its Sideshow's job to send them the exact same flesh color paint that the prototype artist used.

All PF's are "professionally painted." The employees at the factory don't work for free. It's their job to paint things correctly. And its Sideshow's job to send them the exact same flesh color paint that the prototype artist used.

OK...
Sideshow 'Professional', Highly payed artist at the top of their game given as long as they need to paint the proto.
Factory 'Professional', Worker on, probably, basic wage given a strict quota of how many statues they must complete in a working day.

OK...
Sideshow 'Professional', Highly payed artist at the top of their game given as long as they need to paint the proto.
Factory 'Professional', Worker on, probably, basic wage given a strict quota of how many statues they must complete in a working day.

But for the most part people are annoyed with the color change, has nothing to with skill level of painter. Hell, the Poison Ivy PFs came out nice and pastey, so it's not like this body shade is a whole new concept for SS and their subs.

OK...

And those same factory professionals are apparently capable of painting the QOTD correctly. Hell step one is Sideshow simply giving them the correct colors to use. The fact of the matter is that SSC's quality is very inconsistent, pure and simple. Sometimes you get an absolute gem production piece, sometimes you get a nightmare. There's no "oh they do good work for their own lines, but they get a free pass for everything else." No. Sometimes their licensed PF's turn out just as good as QOTD. Which means they ALL should. :lecture

All I'm doing is addressing the notion that it's inappropriate to expect them to maintain the quality that they've shown they are capable of. The jury's still out on Red Sonja, first pics are a step down but I'm actually not convinced that she has turned out "bad." I have a feeling that once she starts shipping we'll be seeing quite a few pics that show her as being very close to the proto. I won't be one of you as I've only been on the waitlist for about a month and it's definitely a toss up as to whether it will convert. She's obviously very coveted but 1500 is still a very big number.

Well I like the skin tone, from what we can see. No worries if you don't, personal preference.
I'll know more when she's infront of me, in the flesh.

Spend alot of time outside wearing very little, chilling on a beach or fighting for your life, and you will catch the sun :)

I'm excited!

And those same factory professionals are apparently capable of painting the QOTD correctly. Hell step one is Sideshow simply giving them the correct colors to use. The fact of the matter is that SSC's quality is very inconsistent, pure and simple. Sometimes you get an absolute gem production piece, sometimes you get a nightmare. There's no "oh they do good work for their own lines, but they get a free pass for everything else." No. Sometimes their licensed PF's turn out just as good as QOTD. Which means they ALL should. :lecture

All I'm doing is addressing the notion that it's inappropriate to expect them to maintain the quality that they've shown they are capable of. The jury's still out on Red Sonja, first pics are a step down but I'm actually not convinced that she has turned out "bad." I have a feeling that once she starts shipping we'll be seeing quite a few pics that show her as being very close to the proto. I won't be one of you as I've only been on the waitlist for about a month and it's definitely a toss up as to whether it will convert. She's obviously very coveted but 1500 is still a very big number.

Totally agree but I'm commenting on the Red Sonja PF, that's all I care about at the moment.
Next month I will be focused on the Big Chap.

Alot of margin that is! No licensing fees. Top dollar price tag. Of course these were going to be SSs best. This is their baby. Drives me nuts cause I have 0 interest in the line and I'd rather those efforts go into their marvel line (selfishly) but I get why they're doing it
This just makes me happier about how Kier will turn out :)
Damn you Tav! :lol
Almost word for word :hi5:
Lmfao Lol yeah

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

OK...

Easiest solution is to have the factory worker paint the prototype to begin with, then will know what were getting :)

Back