Red Sonja PF!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My status just change from “Processing” to ”Item Shipping Soon”. :yess:

The biggest change is the face. Darker shades mask details just ask chics trying to cover waht they perceive as flaws. Her body and face look as though it is covered with generic glossy "flesh" color paint.

Before these pics no one had brought up any difference between what was shown at SDCC'13 and Sideshow's website pictures.

Of course I will see this for myself to decide. This is my first true 1/4 scale piece from Sideshow.

Accurate or not these pictures are a disappointment and highlight the perception that Sideshow advertises something it cannot deliver.

Here is a key question for when anyone sees these pictures or gets one of these in hand. And it can be hard to answer honestly.

As I was undecided in October would I have jumped on the waitlist in December if these were the pictures that were available?

Very likely, no.

This really looks comparable to what they posted now?
View attachment 134561View attachment 134563

One thing is for sure, very precise paint on her outfit. I'm not seeing any slop going outside of her accessories and onto her skin. They did a really good job on that end.

Even though differences were suspected it is still disappointing. Took a chance but so far with these pictures the differences may be too much.

I will be charged the 22nd so hopefully come the 1st week of October I will get to pass final judgement.

Still looking forward to this and hopefully being happily relieved and overjoyed.

I agree that the new skin tone is definitely disappointing and the new "dead" look on her face appears to be the biggest concern to me.

I'm still going to hold to see this in-hand but I am going to keep my expectations low...for now.

One thing is for sure, very precise paint on her outfit. I'm not seeing any slop going outside of her accessories and onto her skin. They did a really good job on that end.

Yes! If they managed to get the whole run painted like this everyone will get a sharp looking figure. They have possibly made a big step in the right direction with this accuracy.

Yes! If they managed to get the whole run painted like this everyone will get a sharp looking figure. They have possibly made a big step in the right direction with this accuracy.
4500 is a lot of statues and with google search and all they had better get it right or in the next week or so google will fill with unhappy comments slowing there sales a lot -- Wonder if there is a way to find out how many regular edition are left ?

They're clearly different, from the skin tone to (especially) face detail.

I just want this

10702140_693320140750642_4515708210808539045_n.jpg

That you shall not have. All these excuses for the color but imagine if ww got an Amazonian tan all of a sudden

Despite SS's almost surreal attempt to lessen/ruin this piece at the eleventh hour with a weirdly inappropriate paint job, it happens to be such a spectacular sculpt that NOTHING is getting in the way of my anticipation for it. Payment was accepted today, so I should have this honey of a statue next week... idiotic tropical tan and all.

Is there anyone that plans on posing her with the coat / cape / shall thing ?
Yup gotta hide some of that sex when kids come around. Maybe setup a small clear hook inside my display case to hang it
Dude love that show and that episode is awesome. Seriously though your cancelation probably helped someone out
Then that makes even less sense as to why the eyes would be less detailed. So you're saying that SSC went out of their way to create a set of decals that has no pupils? Why not make the decals perfect if they just need to make them once and then print out 4500 copies.
I noticed that SS left out a pic of the face straight on like they had before. Here's hoping it looks great because Superman and Red Skull's eyes came out looking great and they'll probably do the same for Sonja
Haha the proto bait and switch? Nothing new guys. Either you like it or you don't. Malibu Sonya looks aight to me. Probably should wait to see her in hand before we burn the thread down right?
Lol. You have her on PO too? Sick! Lol Malibu Barbie looking hot, I think Wanderlai said that too lol
I am. I love the look of it.
Yes sir! Looking mighty fine, I'm happy how she looks, I just hope I get her like that. I don't want any credits or replacment RMAs just a perfect fig!

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Back