Red Sonja PF!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes and I can't wait to put her with the rest of the X-Men.

Im glad you did. And as Collecterol said its about the 'CBG way of ordering' as in waiting for ES and WL as a way to get on last minute. Some ppl have fair reasons not to buy right a way and thats valid of course. Was not referring to those sort of ppl. EX or Fail on this for sure.

Sent from the Bat Computer

Still concerned about the quality of the prototype compared to what we will get.
Chicks with a bunch of skin showing and delicate facial features, especially at this scale, seem to be the most difficult pieces to mass produce.

I don't have much experience with Sideshow but from what I see they do well with armor/suits type stuff but the Rogue and Poison Ivy in-hand pics I have seen do not inspire much confidence.

Any personal experiences? Does sideshow ever knock it out of the park with stuff like this?

Still concerned about the quality of the prototype compared to what we will get.
Chicks with a bunch of skin showing and delicate facial features, especially at this scale, seem to be the most difficult pieces to mass produce.

I don't have much experience with Sideshow but from what I see they do well with armor/suits type stuff but the Rogue and Poison Ivy in-hand pics I have seen do not inspire much confidence.

Any personal experiences? Does sideshow ever knock it out of the park with stuff like this?

Ive seen the Scarlet Witch PF in person and it looks like it. Their face sculpts recently have become pretty amazing. All I have is hope

I'm actually hoping that Lady Death gets a re-release like Vampirella's gotten four times now...

It's just that dam smirk I can't get over =(
I don't see that happening even though she deserves it, I love mine. She took a long time(relatively) to sell out the EX and the reg is still widely available whereas the Vampirella one went quick which is probably why the new one is already on the horizon.

Ok so the Vampirella PF shows that this is possible for Sideshow.
Obviously the sculpt is there. It is just those delicate features and the skin tone that make her so attractive seem heavily dependent on the paint.

I know is hope is all we can do at this point.
If this turns out in hand like the Vampirella PF it will be as epic as the prototype and even the reg will be worth having.

Ok so the Vampirella PF shows that this is possible for Sideshow.
Obviously the sculpt is there. It is just those delicate features and the skin tone that make her so attractive seem heavily dependent on the paint.

I know is hope is all we can do at this point.
If this turns out in hand like the Vampirella PF it will be as epic as the prototype and even the reg will be worth having.

I agree. The paint is worrying me rather like QoD but unlike QoD I had to order the ex for this one, rather than sensibly wait to see how great/awful it is......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have both the Queen and Sonja on order. Keeping my fingers crossed. I saw the pieces in person at SDCC and was blown away by both.

Especially for ones like this they really should make it true to the prototype or don't make it at all. Charge the price it needs to be to get the same level of quality that caused the interest which led to the sales.
Everyone is right this and the Queen of the Dead, which I like too have the same potential pitfalls.

Refunds don't cut it either. Give me the statue I see and satisfaction is guaranteed.

Customers paying this much money should not be left to convince themselves to bridge the gap between the hope of advertised elation with the disappointment of delivered reality.

I think SS managed it with the vampirella pf so it is possible. Anyway the dead series seems to be well loved by SS with good paint so far being its own creation.

I think SS managed it with the vampirella pf so it is possible. Anyway the dead series seems to be well loved by SS with good paint so far being its own creation.

Hope she comes out looking like the artwork. Not a big Vampi fan but a big fan of pretty ladies :)

Mine gets told...
Keep out my room! :lol

I involve mine in the hobby because she appreciates them more and I can buy pretty much anything that I really want, WITHOUT the complaints that most guys get. In the end it makes collecting them that much more enjoyable because she sees them as art too

I involve mine in the hobby because she appreciates them more and I can buy pretty much anything that I really want, WITHOUT the complaints that most guys get. In the end it makes collecting them that much more enjoyable because she sees them as art toor

I don't care if she likes them or not :rotfl

I do get the odd 'That's cool!'

Back