Red Sonja PF!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just can’t figure out what’s going on with the paint on her lips. Looks like they softened her face a bit. Overall I think she looks great.

Prototype Face
200258-red-sonja-006_1024x1024.jpg

200258-red-sonja-007.jpg

I dunno I'm kinda diggin it... shes got a nice Hyrkanian bronze thing going on. I think whats throwing everyone off a little is her lips... they're not red anymore, a little closer to skin tone- dunno about it yet, I require 53 more pictures

I'm just impressed with what appears to be some nice crisp paint lines on her binkini where it touches the skin. I think she looks yummy! Caramel anyone???

Her face is lifeless now, the bright green eyes are gone and there is no light eye liner like the prototype had. Also looks like her face is shorter where the prototype had a longer face. Looks a little bit like the Mexican version of Red Sonja...

Ugh to cancel or not to cancel that is the question......

Oh sweeeet!

If mine turns up looking like that...:rock
Skin tone looks beautiful, curious where she got her tan, but the face has lost alot if detail.

Inhand pictures of the BD Terminator are looking much better than the ones SS put out.

BRING IT ON!!!

My point is, that's what is going to look like, and no amount of complaining will change that. If someone doesn't like it, they should cancel and let someone else, who likes it, buy it.

If someone is really bothered by it, they should call sideshow because crying about it here, does nothing.

Her face is lifeless now, the bright green eyes are gone and there is no light eye liner like the prototype had. Also looks like her face is shorter where the prototype had a longer face. Looks a little bit like the Mexican version of Red Sonja...

Ugh to cancel or not to cancel that is the question......
Just bloody cancel it! :wave

Not liking the shake and bake look, but I'll still keep it. Still a cool looking warrior to add to the ranks.

Just bloody cancel it! :wave

Actually I just did... I showed the ptototype pictures and the production pictures to my sisters and they were like ewww what happen to her face... If you guys are happy with substandard statues that completely missed the mark then more power to ya.... not to mention Red Sonja is not tan in any of her comics... Sorry but the changes are to drastic between the production and prototypes for me to buy this...

Those who buy it, well you can stick it next to your T-800 and Commander Shepard statues :)

I'll wait for more in-hand pics, but I'm not liking what I'm seeing on the face of the figure in the new photos. It could be an isolated case, but the eyebrows and eyes on the new pics turned Sonja's expression from determined to wondering, IMO. I just hope it's poor lighting.

I'm liking the rest of the figure.

Actually I just did... I showed the ptototype pictures and the production pictures to my sisters and they were like ewww what happen to her face... If you guys are happy with substandard statues that completely missed the mark then more power to ya.... not to mention Red Sonja is not tan in any of her comics... Sorry but the changes are to drastic between the production and prototypes for me to buy this...

Those who buy it, well you can stick it next to your T-800 and Commander Shepard statues :)

Substandard, lawl. I'm just glad I don't obsess over a trivial inanimate object's skin tone.

Substandard, lawl. I'm just glad I don't obsess over a trivial inanimate object's skin tone.

It's about getting what you paid for. I don't expect 100 accuracy with the prototype but for me personally they missed the mark to much..

RedSonja1.jpg

this comparison actually makes me think its not too far off. there's a lot more direct light in the pic on the right, you can see the shadows cast by her hair and arm, no shadows in the left pic. If her hair is the same color, almost looks like she's under florescent light on the right. need to see some in handers...

florescent light... tanning bed... hmmmm...

Really wish I didn't go visit sideshowtoys.com today :( What happened, soon as I saw it I was immediate having buyers regret. It's possible its bad lighting,but as professionals why would they post those pictures up, they make the statue look horrible, no? I'm really really bummed out.

The biggest is the Head, i looked at the image in photoshop, yeah the eyes are still green and if you subtract this "yellow" light that they used it kinda looks like the original, so I have somewhat hope its really really bad lighting. but Still you can see that the iris is visually smaller and lacks the "glare" added to it in favor of what looks like cartoon eyes, also the cape isn't as detailed with that lush bright snow on it which is one of the details that sold me on it, the helmet appears to be different colors as well, but that could also be lighting.... Now im at the cross roads to put up pre-order on eBay on the off chance that if this sucks it'll sell below retail...

what to do what to do...

Cancelled as well - pretty disappointing :(
But I am happy for the one who grabs my EX and is fine with it.

Back