Premium Format Red Skull Premium Format #2 - 2013 version-

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's so easy to get carried away in this hobby :lol I've got 11 PO's right now plus Red Skull on wait list & then were got all the new reveals to come from SDCC :horror

Tell me about it. I am seriously contemplating cancelling this one and maybe the new Cap...saving that money and putting it towards an AF15.

I will wait until the inevitable delay, though, and see if SS will transfer the NRD.

Tell me about it. I am seriously contemplating cancelling this one and maybe the new Cap...saving that money and putting it towards an AF15.

I will wait until the inevitable delay, though, and see if SS will transfer the NRD.

Whats AF15

Sent from the Bat Computer

Good idea with the predictable delays but if they're all Exclusives chances are you will recoup your outlay by selling them and you still get the RP.

Think I'll have to consider selling Red Sonja and Spidey which would be a hard thing to do but with G Hulk, P2 Maq and the Alien LSBs landing on my must have list somethings gotta give.
I already have my own room but it's pretty full.

Good idea with the predictable delays but if they're all Exclusives chances are you will recoup your outlay by selling them and you still get the RP.

Think I'll have to consider selling Red Sonja and Spidey which would be a hard thing to do but with G Hulk, P2 Maq and the Alien LSBs landing on my must have list somethings gotta give.
I already have my own room but it's pretty full.

Yeah, selling them is the other option I am considering. I'm always so nervous shipping these things though...

Whats AF15

That's exactly what I was thinking? I googled it & got this

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Talamanca_(AF-15)

Bmutha are you buying a cargo ship? :lol

Yes, I figure if I can get my own boat, I can get the PF's straight from the factory in China...save some money!

Nah, AF15 is this:

Amazing_Fantasy_Issue_15_CGC_55_01182012312.jpg

Yes, I figure if I can get my own boat, I can get the PF's straight from the factory in China...save some money!

Nah, AF15 is this:

Amazing_Fantasy_Issue_15_CGC_55_01182012312.jpg

Gotcha. I'm quite sure I can remember reading somewhere now that your more into your comic collecting than statues.

Yeah that's the thing with this hobby it can easily suck you dry if your not careful & then you start neglecting other hobbies. I've got to admit I never intentionally thought I would have the amount of orders I had so far but there all characters I really want. I can't imagine SS being able to release this amount of characters I would want again this close together though. DC wise I'm done unless they make a blue & gray Batman & Hellboy came out of the blue. So it'll just be Marvel from now on

How much B?

A copy in 5.5 grade can sell for anywhere between 10,000 and 17,000 USD...depends on the day. I'm gunning for a copy graded between 5.0 and 6.0.

The other major variable that can throw a kink in this plan for me is the exchange rate. If the Canadian dollar continues to drop, which I believe it will, I basically can't justify it.

So, I'm sort of ramping up my efforts to get a copy within the next year. I have about 10 G's set aside over the last few years (from bonuses, selling stuff, and investing), and I plan to sell off some stuff to raise some more funds.

It's a ton of money, and I'm not sure I will be able to go through with it in the end, but basically all of the funds are coming from extra money sources. I would never dip in to our family savings for this...so, we'll see what happens.

It's so easy to get carried away in this hobby :lol I've got 11 PO's right now plus Red Skull on wait list & then were got all the new reveals to come from SDCC :horror

I thought I came out OK last year during SDCC. The only thing I think I ordered from SDCC was Apocalypse. All the damage to my wallet occurred after SDCC. Now with WW, Catwoman, and Red Skull all being ordered before SDCC this year, I shudder to think what will happen if I like anything else that is revealed at SDCC. A possible new Dr Doom or a Flash PF are going to be pieces I will most certainly want to add to the collection. I may just have to move a few more older pieces I have. Not only will I need the $$$, but I'll also need the space.

I thought I came out OK last year during SDCC. The only thing I think I ordered from SDCC was Apocalypse. All the damage to my wallet occurred after SDCC. Now with WW, Catwoman, and Red Skull all being ordered before SDCC this year, I shudder to think what will happen if I like anything else that is revealed at SDCC. A possible new Dr Doom or a Flash PF are going to be pieces I will most certainly want to add to the collection. I may just have to move a few more older pieces I have. Not only will I need the $$$, but I'll also need the space.

It's kinda good when you get to that point where your out of room. It's not always nice having to sell parts of the collection but at-least at that point this hobby becomes self funding

It's kinda good when you get to that point where your out of room. It's not always nice having to sell parts of the collection but at-least at that point this hobby becomes self funding

Very true. I have moved a few pieces this year already. My biggest space hog was my EX Silver Surfer COM. I sold him off for $650 and moved Bats right into that spot in my display case. As much as it pains me, it looks like I'll have to sell off my BiB Spidey COM and Thanos dio next. It'll make more room and provide some needed $$$ as well. Selling Thanos wouldn't bother me as much as selling BiB Spidey would. We'll more than likely see a Thanos PF down the line but that BiB Spidey is just a fantastic piece and I can't see another one getting made anytime soon. Oh well, I'll just cross that bridge when I get to it. Some tough choices are going to have to be made.

Very true. I have moved a few pieces this year already. My biggest space hog was my EX Silver Surfer COM. I sold him off for $650 and moved Bats right into that spot in my display case. As much as it pains me, it looks like I'll have to sell off my BiB Spidey COM and Thanos dio next. It'll make more room and provide some needed $$$ as well. Selling Thanos wouldn't bother me as much as selling BiB Spidey would. We'll more than likely see a Thanos PF down the line but that BiB Spidey is just a fantastic piece and I can't see another one getting made anytime soon. Oh well, I'll just cross that bridge when I get to it. Some tough choices are going to have to be made.

Yeah I recently sold my classic Spiderman CQ. I find once there gone your normally ok with it, I think the only piece I've sold & wanted back is the Joker PF

Yeah I recently sold my classic Spiderman CQ. I find once there gone your normally ok with it, I think the only piece I've sold & wanted back is the Joker PF

That's a great question Steve...which is the piece you regret selling the most...you've sold so many amazing pieces in the past that I thought it would have been one of the old school classics like the Thor PF or the Captain America PF...even the Spidey CQ :horror I guess your more of a DC/Batman fan at heart right?

For me, if I had to pick one piece that I'd take back in a heart beat after selling it would be my T-800 on Harley Display...I kinda know in the bck of my head already which pieces that I'd never sell and the ones that have gone I've thought long and hard about it and made the right choice. With my T-800 display, I never wanted to sell it but due to it taking up so much space and also the price I managed to get for it, I'd have been a fool not to have let it go :(

That's a great question Steve...which is the piece you regret selling the most...you've sold so many amazing pieces in the past that I thought it would have been one of the old school classics like the Thor PF or the Captain America PF...even the Spidey CQ :horror I guess your more of a DC/Batman fan at heart right?

For me, if I had to pick one piece that I'd take back in a heart beat after selling it would be my T-800 on Harley Display...I kinda know in the bck of my head already which pieces that I'd never sell and the ones that have gone I've thought long and hard about it and made the right choice. With my T-800 display, I never wanted to sell it but due to it taking up so much space and also the price I managed to get for it, I'd have been a fool not to have let it go :(

Yeah I did miss them but there's new ones of each one coming. I loved the Captain America PF, if I sold that without knowing there's a new one coming I would be gutted. The Spidey CQ I actually wanted to sell for the new one. Joker is my only regret & I'm to tied down with my PO's to chase it down :/

I think of my future PO's characters like Apocalypse are ones I must hold on to because I can't see SS revisiting him anytime soon after he releases

Yeah they wont be revisiting him ever if I'm right. Theyll probably do a movie version if they do

Yeah I did miss them but there's new ones of each one coming. I loved the Captain America PF, if I sold that without knowing there's a new one coming I would be gutted. The Spidey CQ I actually wanted to sell for the new one. Joker is my only regret & I'm to tied down with my PO's to chase it down :/

I think of my future PO's characters like Apocalypse are ones I must hold on to because I can't see SS revisiting him anytime soon after he releases

Oh yeah, you do NOT want to let Apocalypse go. That's a character that won't be revisited anytime soon and the overall ES on that piece is relatively low. He's one that'll be super tough to get back in a few years. The EX and REG Joker PFs can still be had for reasonable prices. You don't have to try and pick him up anytime soon if you still want him. Just keep an eye on prices, you should be able to pick him up sometime in the future when your PO list dies down. I don't know when, but I firmly believe that the Joker PF will shoot up in price one day. The ES is not nearly as high as some peeps make it out to be and he is a great looking PF as well as a popular character. Just make sure that you pick him up before that happens if you really want to add him back to your collection again.

HT will probably do a figure, not Sideshow

Youre probably right man. But considering they havent releaed anything from First Class we'll see if it ever gets off the ground lol. And It's very rare that SS does the non-Marvel films PFs (I know they did the Juggernaut maquette)

Back