Red Ring Of Death!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many of you with chronic 360 RROD issus have the Elite?

I've never had a problem with mine. Fingers crossed...

Would the new chip set be what's being replaced due to the RROD? If so, then I guess we have the new chip set, but in an old XBox. :monkey1

got an xbox - got the ring of death,
got the xbox repaired and it gave to my bro
went a got an elite and on the same day my new and old got the red ring again lol
all sorted now touch wood

Yeah lol i didnt have much luck at all.
tho all seems good now and im keeping my fingers crossed as i love having blasts on gta4 to let off steam from work lol

I've played mine enough, and never had RROD.

Anandtech link from my post back on page 1 explains how to check lot date codes and visual cues to see if you have heatsink and new smaller gated chip that minimizes RROD occurrences.

Yeah when my white xbox went 1st it was so hot i could of cooked an egg on it. i keep mine in a vented area now. but if im honest i just dont really get time to play it anymore 20-30mins here and there after work, im just to busy rest of the time

that sucks......happened to me about a year ago too.....sent it in 3 times for repairs so 3 rrod, fanally sold it on ebay. got me new 360 around the time gears2 was released. supposedly the rrod should be an issue anymore but.....you know they're not 100% sure.

that sucks......happened to me about a year ago too.....sent it in 3 times for repairs so 3 rrod, fanally sold it on ebay. got me new 360 around the time gears2 was released. supposedly the rrod should be an issue anymore but.....you know they're not 100% sure.

3 times? wow, sorry to hear that man.

Hope it doesn't happen to ya again. :peace

Back