Red Ring Of Death!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RIP Josh's Xbox 360, RIP! :monkey2

Same thing with my first unit. CS was great. They sent me a box, I put the 360 in it and called for pickup. They sent me a new one. Took around two weeks I think.

I guess it's not so bad now that CS is replacing all units without any hassle. I was under the impression that if it was out of the standard sony warranty which is only a few months, then you were screwed.

My husband's XBox presented the RROD about six weeks ago. He got his prepaid box, sent his machine in, got another one about three weeks later, and this one's got to go back, too. Not a RROD problem, but it does other stuff, like gives a weird "cannot read disk" message on completely clean disks, and the fan on it is really really loud. :banghead What I hate about this whole XBox fiasco (I don't know anyone personally that has NOT had the RROD problem) is that they don't fix the XBox you send in, they send you another refurbished one. :mad: The date on the XBox my husband bought was something like July 2007. The one MS sent us back was a year older, June 2006. I don't know why it is that we didn't get OUR machine back, but in any event, machine #2 will be sent back to MS next week. It will be interesting to see what we get next time... :cool:

My husband's XBox presented the RROD about six weeks ago. He got his prepaid box, sent his machine in, got another one about three weeks later, and this one's got to go back, too. Not a RROD problem, but it does other stuff, like gives a weird "cannot read disk" message on completely clean disks, and the fan on it is really really loud. :banghead What I hate about this whole XBox fiasco (I don't know anyone personally that has NOT had the RROD problem) is that they don't fix the XBox you send in, they send you another refurbished one. :mad: The date on the XBox my husband bought was something like July 2007. The one MS sent us back was a year older, June 2006. I don't know why it is that we didn't get OUR machine back, but in any event, machine #2 will be sent back to MS next week. It will be interesting to see what we get next time... :cool:

That really sucks. I went through 3 X-Box's in a span of a year and half. After the third RROD, I sent it back to MS and got a replacement, then immediately sold it to Gamestop. Maybe oneday I'll try again.

Hang in there DA.

My friend has gone through two systems already his laucnh console lasted all of 4 days, his last one was a few months shy of 2 years his newest one he's had since Halo 3 came out no problems yet. I just got mine when Bioshock came out, if I can survive up through GTA IV I wont complain. I fully expect my system to get the red rings of death sooner or later. Unless they have changed thier policy yet again the last update I head was all 360's are covered for 3 years from purchase date for the Red Ring of Death. They may just cover it permanently now who knows MS are strange folks.

Lonnie, you are indeed the ONLY person I know with an XBox who has, so far, escaped the RROD. :wave I do hope you never experience the problem. If I didn't enjoy being an 'armchair game player' so much, I'd advise my husband to just trash the machine and be done with it. But we'll see what happens when this 2nd XBox goes back. Maybe third one's a charm... :monkey1

I am knocking on wood as I type this, but mine is about two years old and no RROD here either.

I had this problem as soon as I got my 360, took it back to the shop and got a new one the very next day...No problems with the new one...as far as I know...

hopefully your next box will have the falcon chip set (cooler running system).

Well, I should be getting my replacement soon... I hope. My old one is still sitting her waiting for the package to get here. I'm just glad I will be getting one at all. It sucks not being able to play with my fellow freaks.

Lonnie, you are indeed the ONLY person I know with an XBox who has, so far, escaped the RROD. :wave I do hope you never experience the problem. If I didn't enjoy being an 'armchair game player' so much, I'd advise my husband to just trash the machine and be done with it. But we'll see what happens when this 2nd XBox goes back. Maybe third one's a charm... :monkey1

My cousin and my brother in law have never replaced their 360's and they are from year 1. I've sent mine back 3 times. They don't fail 100% but its darn close IMO.

jeez... had my own red ring fiasco this weekend...

traded it back for a falcon equipped chipset... that EB warranty was gold.

Back