Red Ring Of Death!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you know that it is equipped with the falcon chipset?

a good indicator it the power strip... the falcon chip set requires 175 w... the previous zephyr chip set was 203 w... if you do have a 203 w power strip, you still may have a falcon equipped box as they would have cleared out their supply...

i am pretty certain that by now, all new boxes are equipped with the falcon...

a good indicator it the power strip... the falcon chip set requires 175 w... the previous zephyr chip set was 203 w... if you do have a 203 w power strip, you still may have a falcon equipped box as they would have cleared out their supply...

i am pretty certain that by now, all new boxes are equipped with the falcon...

is it quieter?

I'm to the point that I just wish XBox would come out with their 'next gen' XBox and I would buy it, no questions asked, if it was just QUIETER, for freaks' sake! My husband just got his second one back where they supposedly fixed how damn loud it was and it is STILL loud... :cool:

Myself and 2 family members all have 360's. All of has have had the ROD. My cousin had 5 of them.

yeah!!!!! they send you a crappy refurbished one, happened to me twice but never again!!!!
i decided to ditch the box and just keep my ps3.
anyway good luck!!!!!!!

Thats what they did to me, x2. So I sold it and never looked back. I may have to get another when GoW2 comes out.

Just crious. All you guys that are getting the RROD. How often do/did you use your 360? every day? every other day? Especially for someone above to have gone thorough 5 systems? Do you keep yours in the open air or in a boxed in area of an entertainment system?

I am just curious if there is any common factor such as massive use of the system combined with keeping it in an area where it can't breath freely.

I keep mine out in the open and laying on it's side, not on it's end. I've gotten an error I think three times now where when I turned it on I got an error with one ring turned red and the screen telling me to contact technical support, but I just turned it off and then back on and it was fine. Last time it happened was a few weeks ago. I hope it isn't the precursor to the red rings of death. I don't play a lot either, maybe two or three times a week, and only for a few hours at a time.

mine is open and so is the power brick. it sits flat, not on it's side. i play mine a good bit too, more than average probably 5 days/week for varying amounts of time. I'm on my 4th one but i've had it for about 10 months I guess and it's working fine...although it is starting to sound strange, hopefully it just has a cold.

since most of the problems have been linked to overheating (the paste problem) i think if you play longer when you do play your 360 you stand a better chance of something going wrong but we all should be able to play as long as we want without worrying. hopefully the newer ones have resolved this problem. but as many as i've went through i would still buy another 360.

Husband's on his second one, but this second one has had to go back twice. He plays almost every day. XBox is standing upright out in the open.

I'm surprised Microsoft hasn't announced a 'next generation' XBox by now. :rolleyes:

:rotfl True! It's just that I keep hearing how this or that game that will be released sometime this year (like Star Wars Unleashed) will really/finally make use of XBox's extensive capabilities, as if games up til now haven't been doing that or something. But... I mean, jeepers, the XBox has been out for a couple of years now, right? Came out in 2006, can it still be considered cutting edge? I'm just sayin'... :monkey3

"Next" Next Gen... or maybe Next Gen "Gen"? :D

Back