Recovery at Serpent Temple - 1/6 Environment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makes you wonder how much of a profit Sideshow makes on these environments.

Recon at Waypoint with Timber, 750 pieces and still in stock.

Cobra Throne, 750 pieces and still in stock.

Desert Weapons Cache with Sandstorm, edition size TBD, in pre-order.

Now Recovery at Serpent Temple, pre-orders 2/10.

If Sideshow follows the alleged hint, there is a fifth Joe dio / environment on the way, the marine one.

None of these have sold out (Recon is allegedly at "low quantity"), yet Sideshow keeps producing them.

Last edited:
The shot with Beach Head looks cool. I don't see myself dropping 200 big ones then heading to the pet store to spend even more money for some fake moss and plants to set that up myself though.

The price on these things is insane. Make them from a less expensive material and sell them at a fraction of the price and they'd fly. If these were under $100 I'd have likely bought several them, and more than one of some of them. This would be a nice piece for Indy but no way at that price.:slap

$200???..... :slap

:lol:rotfl:lol

I'm sorry-- but that's ridiculous. I was debating getting one (maybe at least for an Indy if not for one my Joe collection)-- now after seeing the price?... Never.

Looks cool but not $200 cool.

$200???..... :slap

:lol:rotfl:lol

I'm sorry-- but that's ridiculous. I was debating getting one (maybe at least for an Indy if not for one my Joe collection)-- now after seeing the price?... Never.

:lecture :rotfl :lecture :rotfl :lecture :exactly:

I'd dismissed the idea of this for my Joes, but kept toying with the idea of using it for Indy. Sideshow helped me make the choice with that ridiculous price. $200 for a part of a wall, a snake and 1/8 of a Satellite. What's next, $300 for a staircase that's supposed to be from Destro's castle, with a 1:6 vampire bat and an oil drum with the Cobra sigil on it?

Last edited:

I'd dismissed the idea of this for my Joes, but kept toying with the idea of using it for Indy. Sideshow helped me make the choice with that ridiculous price. $200 for a part of a wall, a snake and 1/8 of a Satellite. What's next, $300 for a staircase that's supposed to be from Destro's castle, with a 1:6 vampire bat and an oil drum with the Cobra sigil on it?

It really is perplexing... Triad releases 1/6 environments (with obviously different/cheaper materials) for half that price and if SSC did that they would sell out of them for sure. Collectors are begging for 1/6 environments to pose their SW, Joe, LOTR, Bond, Indy, HT Superheroes...etc... or maybe that's just me. :dunno

What, that is all it comes with? $200 is a lot for something that has no ties to GIJoe beyond the cobra symbol on a generic object.

It really is perplexing... Triad releases 1/6 environments (with obviously different/cheaper materials) for half that price and if SSC did that they would sell out of them for sure. Collectors are begging for 1/6 environments to pose their SW, Joe, LOTR, Bond, Indy, HT Superheroes...etc... or maybe that's just me. :dunno

They are, just not at the polystoner prices. And the fact that Triad is selling out of their environments shows they're doing it right with the rotocast stuff. Hell, the Art Figures Saves release came with a mini dio-stand and not only was that fabulous, but a small run and still came in under $90. Using a license and polystone to tack on an extra $240 just isn't working. I don't know what it is, but Sideshow used to be awesome (and in some ways still are). It just seems lately that they're completely disconnected from the market, what people actually want, and what sells.

God, I wish the vegetation was included. It'd be closer to being worth it at least!

About the Triad bases... they suck. I'll take POLYSTONE any day. That's what makes the Sideshow environments worth it. They are like sculptures.

Bring on Destro's castle :rock

No, seriously, Sideshow has been teasing us with a staircase in some of their artsy photos for years (Buffy days old). If it takes naming it Destro's Caslte to get it made, then so be it.

But I got to agree $200 for this seems a bit much. Almost makes the DX Indy seem reasonable now.

Makes you wonder how much of a profit Sideshow makes on these environments.

Recon at Waypoint with Timber, 750 pieces and still in stock.

Cobra Throne, 750 pieces and still in stock.

Desert Weapons Cache with Sandstorm, edition size TBD, in pre-order.

Now Recovery at Serpent Temple, pre-orders 2/10.

If Sideshow follows the alleged hint, there is a fifth Joe dio / environment on the way, the marine one.

None of these have sold out (Recon is allegedly at "low quantity"), yet Sideshow keeps producing them.

Ive been saying this all along, they make a killing off these, thats why if they only sell 100 at full price, they are laughing. The rest is a bonus.
What they will do is slap it on GC and people will think cool, Ill save 50$ and grab it and at 150$ SS still makes a huge margin.

I wont buy this for 100$

Forget G.I. Joe. My 1/6 Indy is all over this. It even has Jock's pet snake Regie. This thing is perfect.

The more I think about it, I wouldn't be surprised if that's what this was initially intended for another upcoming Indy 12" Ex environment (a KotCS Mutt maybe? He tossed a python to Indy in the quicksand), but with them axing the line, they threw in a satellite w/cobra sigil to make it relevant to the Joe line. Pure speculation, but it's amazing how easily this plugs into the Indy license.

I think the environment versatility is key. I dont own ANY joe figures but have ALL the environments. Why? Because Sideshow is smart enough to make them work for anything.

BTW, i just bought a SOlo in carbonite off ebay. Cant wait to get that one. (one of the few that ONLY works for intended liscense)

I own the graveyeard base. Its languishing in the closet. Have Anubis, Shrine, Reactor and Waypoint on display in my detolf right now with Weapon Cache on Pre-order.

To each their own then. Sideshow's seemed a bit lackluster and way overpriced. The Grave Danger, Mayan (for my KotCS Indy), Pantheon (great for Croft), Tech Savvy and Firefight (exceptionally good for the Art Figures "Punisher") Triaramas all are fairly decent. Especially given the $50-$70 price tags.

Back