Recoloring Flocked Hair?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K07

Super Freak
Reaction score
Perhaps this isn't the community to ask but it's the only place I'm registered that discusses GI Joe. I took possession of my dad's GI Joe Collection from the 90s-00s. I'm selling most of it off for him but am keeping the Adventure Team guys for myself and when my son grows up. I was wondering if it was possible to gray one's beard/temples to add variety to the team. I Googled this but most of the things I come across talk about reflocking balding Joes.

Thanks in advance.

I just wanted to add: those are museum pieces! Don't defile them, don't give them to kids t play with! If they want one, buy them some Wall Mart reports. They're cheap and worthless on the collector market.

I should clarify what these are. They are not from the '70s. They're not even the Timeless Collection guys from the '70s. They're from the short-lived relaunch of the brand in the '90s/'00s. I was a bit too old to be playing with toys when I collected them but I had a blast opening them up and posing them in the displays. Always wished I had them to play with as a kid. I am going to sell the "Search for the Yet" and "Secret of Planet Xenome" sets on eBay. They're going for big bucks sealed in the package and around retail loose.

I have an empty shelf in my display cabinet that I know will one day hold a small LotR collection. But in the meantime I thought I'd store this there rather than in a box in a crawl space where my Star Wars guys are. I swapped outfits and parts around. I have a plastic footlocker filled with all kinds of gear. Arctic, urban, scuba, etc. These guys are ready for adventure.

I'll look into reflocking them.

Attachments

• 21027814652_678957e4d2_z.jpg
    21027814652_678957e4d2_z.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 33
Or try fabric paint markers. They go on lite and you'll have good control.

Back