Recently diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update, my meds are working but I am running into a problem when I take the meds at 720am, and but 2-3pm I start losing focus. I can't take the meds when I get to work because I would have to wait almost an hour for it to kick in. So last week I went back to to my doctor, and my meds we upped again. Now I take a 20mg extended release of Adderall, and at 2pm I take a 5mg immediate release Adderall. I can take 10 mg immediate release if I need it. But my mother-in-law and wife have both noticed a difference, and I have as well.

So an update about my medication, I think I've found a good dose of Adderall for myself. I take a 20mg extended release at 720am, and I take a 5mg immediate release at 2. I've noticed that I am able to focus a lot more. And I feel that I am more involved in a conversation with someone. I really noticed last night. I typed up a post on Facebook about why we shouldn't allow Trump to be president. And after 30 mins of typing I had almost an entire page. My wife was impressed of how much and how detailed my post was. Also I am actually starting to feel happy again. I haven't felt like this in a long, long time.
I also have an option to take 10mg at 2pm if I really need it. But lately I've been breaking the 10mg in half and only taking 5mg. I really hope that I can take my new improved focus and use it to find a new job.

Wonder if diabetes go through the same routine. Some are mild cases but some inject themselves or take pills, etc.
Mr. Green can't imagine doing the same routine, daily. How great it is to be alive and well.

To the OP, i reiterate my advice to you from page 2 that discussing your medical and personal condition on this site may not elicit the responses you may be seeking.

So an update about my medication, I think I've found a good dose of Adderall for myself. I take a 20mg extended release at 720am, and I take a 5mg immediate release at 2. I've noticed that I am able to focus a lot more. And I feel that I am more involved in a conversation with someone. I really noticed last night. I typed up a post on Facebook about why we shouldn't allow Trump to be president. And after 30 mins of typing I had almost an entire page. My wife was impressed of how much and how detailed my post was. Also I am actually starting to feel happy again. I haven't felt like this in a long, long time.
I also have an option to take 10mg at 2pm if I really need it. But lately I've been breaking the 10mg in half and only taking 5mg. I really hope that I can take my new improved focus and use it to find a new job.

This is great to hear, duo!! It's one of the times when medications are very much warranted and are successful. I would say, talk to your doctor about plating your meds as your body will eventually build up a tolerance to them if they are upped too frequently (not saying that's whats happening here).

I have ADD as well but haven't taken a pill in years. Just haven't paid enough attention to get it done haha.

This is great to hear, duo!! It's one of the times when medications are very much warranted and are successful. I would say, talk to your doctor about plating your meds as your body will eventually build up a tolerance to them if they are upped too frequently (not saying that's whats happening here).

I have ADD as well but haven't taken a pill in years. Just haven't paid enough attention to get it done haha.

Well I only take the immediate release during the week, and I am only taking 5mg instead of ten. I take the extended release every day.

ADD is a wiring instance where attentional energy (e.g. action potentials) are misdirected in brain to other regions (long story short). Basically, medication help inhibit and disinhibit certain wiring areas, allowing him to have attention. So I guess poison it is :lol

I was misdiagnosed by a psychiatrist and was on Ritalin for a few months, taken along with an SSRI I had been on for years, for depression & OCD. It really does make you feel more focused (especially for theoretical work like studying etc), but at the same time highly irritable, and it also worsened my anxiety.

Glad to hear it works for the OP however! :)

Why, the meds are really helping. My focus has improved dramatically.

If it helps you then I'm happy for you. I just hope it doesn't cause you health complications in the future. A lot of these doctors are just drug dealers. There are other ways to improve focus, but in the end it's your body and you should do what you think is best for it. I wish you a wonderful and healthy life. :)

Back