Rebel Fleet Trooper 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope this guy's easy to find in about a month or so, had to pull the cancel trigger over the weekend, just too much with bills and xmas right now, I can't take on any new collectible purchases for the next few weeks.

I also decided to let this go today.

I'm willing to let certain things go for top tier characters just to have them represented on the shelf...but for 4th tier or lower characters, then its all about the exactness in detail. Praji was a solid figure.

I hope to get this down the road at some point for a price that better suits my desire for him.

Of course, the in-hand pics will decide everything for me.

So far, I've never regretted a cancellation that I've made. It remains to be seen if this will hold true for Ki-Adi Mundi and the Rebel Fleet Trooper.

I canceled mine last week. I really want it but i need $150 (RFT+ship+tax) for something more importen. My brother's getting an expensive christmas present :D

Thanks for the picture props guys but again I must stress that I think this figure is awesome and I might add worth every penny. Yeah it's on the Buck but I think he stacks up well against some of the other figures in the line. Also maybe it's my pictures that make the helmet big but I don't think it's out of scale, maybe we are all thrown off by the craptastic Hasbro stuff all of these years. Maybe we have an idea in our heads that the helmet should be one way and in reality it isn't? Or maybe I am full of crap? Either way he looks awesome in person and if Praji was around as long as he was (and I dug Praji just a little bit more) then I think the RFT will be around in the months to come. I mean hey, we are officially in a recession...between that and the fact that people keep dumping their collections every few months there will be enough RFTroopers to go around. Whew end rant!

I really want this figure but I've been fortunate enough to catch up on some earlier released figures for substancial savings. I think unless the exclusives are must-haves, I'm forced to wait until 6-12 months after release and then pick them up for less money.

The helmet looks huge, but the rest of the figure looks great.

ref1.jpg

Just what the hell is that flimsy helmet going to stop?

Rain? :rotfl

I'll hop on board with the cancellations. So many previous times I've lived with the minor problems due to the fact that they were on key characters. A major element to this character's look is the helmet and it's glaringly large to me. Just not quite in scale and really evident when compared to screen shots. The clearance from the bottom rim to the shoulders is much too tight.

Is it overall horrible? No, not really. Much better than the underscaled Tomy version. But it made it easy for me to vote with my wallet on this one. And, I cancelled Antilles at the same time. Should the helmet size get remedied by then, well I'll pick up two Antilles and a Trooper to swap the helmet out on. But for now, I won't be missing them.....not at that price. Took up to zero hour to make the decision as I waffled on it for a week.

I finally got mine in today and I actually think he looks great and I'm glad I picked him up. The past few A New Hope releases have actually been pretty good this year and again just like on all these figures, they look much better in person and this is no exception.

A bunch of AD's on Ebay already have this figure in stock. I went ahead and bought one and should have it by the end of the week.

SSC must have gotten these in last week and shipped them to AD's and are holding off the the personal account orders becuase they got a ton of stuff in at once and it will take much more man power and time to get them out.

Since a exclsuive is not being offered I went ahead and bought one and save a few bucks in the process.

It's been getting bad for all of the figures lately. The Lara Croft and Indy threads have more spoiled princess crap in them than I've ever seen.

The Indy figure has faired relatively well. It was the early reports of loose/floppy bodies that started a near uproar. For the most part, folks are more than happy with how that figure turned out.

The Croft figure is also well-done. It just suffers from being on the ^^^^ Buck body. And that's a tough one to swallow at its price-point.

RFT isn't that bad. Just nothing to rave about. I was just VERY impressed with the proto at SDCC, so I found the final production figure a tad lackluster in comparison. In the end I just find him too plain and boring (to me) to justify $70 plus shipping.

I'm with Irish on this one. The proto was so spot on and nice looking that even though it was a minor character I really wanted it simply because it was a great looking figure. That's changed now that I've seen the final product.

I really do like this figure and plan on picking him up eventually. The oversized helmet is really my only gripe with it (besides the price... ;))

I think the sides could be shaved down a bit and help make it look not only more accurate but better sized. Not sure if I'll tackle that project, though...

The Indy figure has faired relatively well. It was the early reports of loose/floppy bodies that started a near uproar. For the most part, folks are more than happy with how that figure turned out.

The Croft figure is also well-done. It just suffers from being on the ^^^^ Buck body. And that's a tough one to swallow at its price-point.

RFT isn't that bad. Just nothing to rave about. I was just VERY impressed with the proto at SDCC, so I found the final production figure a tad lackluster in comparison. In the end I just find him too plain and boring (to me) to justify $70 plus shipping.

I'm talking more about the way some have almost taken joy in the apparent failure of Sideshow on the figures. The way negativity is being expressed lately (mostly by new posters) just rubs me the wrong way. I was annoyed with Indy's blue eyes, and Lara's undersized holsters, but they're both cool figures. Had I gone into those threads with the arrogance and vitriol that I've heard in there, I would be ashamed of myself. I'm not talking about anger or disappointment. I'm talking about the kinds of critics who do it to show off their allegedly superior taste. It always happens when Sideshow draws in new fanboys of popular properties, particularly ones who don't like SSC in the first place.

Well, personally I think the Lara figure had quite a few misses. Not going to repeat them all here, but jacket and undersized holsters are definitely near the top of that list. Still, definitely a few good parts in that figure.

Regardless, I got my RFT today! I do agree he can be a bit lackluster compared to some of the other figures, but I really enjoy the troops and he'll look great alongside Praji and my Marmit troopers.

Mine had a bad pants belt (not gunbelt) right out of the box. The belt snapped in half as I was tightening it. I'll pick up another (better) one from a loose parts dealer later on. I do think the paint ops suffered a little on the final figure - reddish eyes again and the lips look off on mine. Those issues aside, I still really like him. The tailoring overall look pretty good, particularly with the pants. As the previous pics in this thread show though, his tunic loosened up quite a bit up top and may need a little ajusting.

I'll have mine Friday , it shipped today from a dealer. I still can't believe that these are showing up on the dealer accounts and no a peep from SSC on the personal account orders?

They still get thier money either way though. I may wind up getting Ki Adi Mundi from the dealer I got Fleet Trooper from.

Back