Rebel Fleet Trooper 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think SS is attempting to do a favor by delaying the shipment. So much for them trying to do that again.

I have a feeling they may pull this with the Stormtrroper as well . I bet the Fleet Trooper will start to ship at the end of this week or next and Ki Adi Mundi closer to Christmas

Bet the Stormies will be January . My EX is a Christmas gift and my reg I got for $50.00 using points so no canceling and going through a dealer if they get them first.

Parts from Pheonix arrived this morning for my custom makeover,

DSCF2013.JPG

DSCF2020.JPG

DSCF2018.JPG

DSCF2014.JPG

Some quality issues small but there non the less, as you can see in the last pic above, I had to pull the elasticated strap off one side to re-site like the other, it had just been 'plonked' without thought into the helmet, so as it stood when it arrived the strap just looked c0c.k eyed on the figures head.

Re-sited it but the glue used to stick it originally, now needs sanding down to make it look right.

The helmets not 'perfect' but I believe its an improvement over the original Tomy Mini Helm I was using.

rebeltrooperfront.jpg

Im hoping once the SSC Rebel trooper arrives (UK retailer says Dec 31st) and then Captain Antilles in 1st Quarter 2009 that Ill have a decent set of rebel figures.

Ive still got the original custom uniform and 2 sets of Helms so with more stitching and bit of scrounging parts I could make another 2.

4 troopers and a Cap Antilles, a few stormies and I might be set for a Corridor Dio :)

Last edited:
Parts from Pheonix arrived this morning for my custom makeover,

DSCF2013.JPG

DSCF2020.JPG

DSCF2018.JPG

DSCF2014.JPG

Some quality issues small but there non the less, as you can see in the last pic above, I had to pull the elasticated strap off one side to re-site like the other, it had just been 'plonked' without thought into the helmet, so as it stood when it arrived the strap just looked c0c.k eyed on the figures head.

Re-sited it but the glue used to stick it originally, now needs sanding down to make it look right.

The helmets not 'perfect' but I believe its an improvement over the original Tomy Mini Helm I was using.

rebeltrooperfront.jpg

Im hoping once the SSC Rebel trooper arrives (UK retailer says Dec 31st) and then Captain Antilles in 1st Quarter 2009 that Ill have a decent set of rebel figures.

Ive still got the original custom uniform and 2 sets of Helms so with more stitching and bit of scrounging parts I could make another 2.

4 troopers and a Cap Antilles, a few stormies and I might be set for a Corridor Dio :)

Nice upgrades! That is a good-looking RFT.

i ordered one from evilbay, allegedly 'in hand' so here anyday cant wait to strangle his ass with a vader:naughty

The dealers have indeed have them, I got mine from an Ebay dealer on Saturday . I'm guessing SSC got the dealer orders first. My was actually shipped in an SSC shipping box designed to hold 3 figures .

I didn't want to wiat plus with buying Christmas gifts its one less thing I have to worry about going on my card.

Stopped by a local shop that carries these yesterday, but it wasn't in stock. Figured if I could find it locally w/o having to pay for shipping I'd just buy it and cancel my Sideshow order.

I got him today (APCollectibles.com), and he looks great. It's been a long time since we got hit with the contrast between an artist-perfect prototype and a factory paintjob, but the figure is excellent in it's own right. The vest doesn't fit as well as it could have, and the paint is a little heavy, but the helmet does not look disproportionate and the boots, blaster, holster, and belt are all what you'd expect them to be.

It's a basic SSC Star Wars on a Buck with the old style head, and I'm glad to see that they aren't gone. I've always liked them as they were and I hope that the Prometheus doesn't make it's way into the line. It's too small, the sculpted necks look better, and even though they can't get prototype paint onto their production pieces, I've never had an issue with any figure in that regard (besides Bespin Han; I never bought Yavin Luke and my Anakin didn't turn out so bad).

He rocks. Can't wait for a Hoth trooper.

Hate to say it too, but based on my Indy fig, I am not a fan of the Prometheus body either - now, the armored one seems fine, but the nonarmored one is too small...

Hate to say it too, but based on my Indy fig, I am not a fan of the Prometheus body either - now, the armored one seems fine, but the nonarmored one is too small...

I don't mind it on Indy, but if I wanted Star Wars figures that small, I would have been a Medicom fan.

Not a big fan of the new body either. I know that evryone hates the buck body, but i really didn't have any problems with it. If keeping the Buck would have kept the figure prices at $60 a figure, and kept figures close to the same height. Then I would be fine with keeping the Buck around alittle longer. Granted we are still getting Buck figures at $80 a pop now.

Buck haters please don't crucify me. :monkey3

I am not a buck fan either, but at least its not tiny....I tend to put most of my pieces in one pose, so the buck never really bugged.....I had high hopes for the ne body, but lord....

My only issues with the buck were when I'd get f'd up joints, or necks that wouldn't hold a posev(which seemed to be happening more frequently lately) and on figures where you saw a lot of the body.

But on a figure like Gandalf (aside from the ab crunch that was weak) I wasn't bothered.

Oh, and I just canceled this guy... I still want him, but I think I'll just pick him up at a local store that usually has the figures for less than retail and save on shipping.

I had no idea people already had this dude in-hand!
I only just got the notification mail from SST...

Pics don't look so hot, but I'm looking forward to this guy.

Back