Rebel Fleet Trooper 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fair enough but with Captain Antilles, Vader, and a few Stormtroopers he will be a nice addition to the line.

I think the figure looks fine, I'm glad a good number are dissappointed, I'm going to have to cancel temporarily for funs but would like to pick him up when I can afford him finally.

I didn't even bother to order Captain Antilles. IMHO, these guys (RFT, Antilles) join the Endor Rebel Troopers, Commander Praji and TFU Trooper in the "Completist Only" camp.

I'm still hugely excited for Vader and proper Stormtroopers, though. :rock

Well, I am not a completist but I really dig Praji (I think he is one of the best in the line and is highly underrated) and I like Nik Sant because he is actually in the movie but stuff like the Force Unleashed KISS trooper is crap. But I guess that's why the line is so awesome, lots to like and pass on.

Last edited:
IMG_0185.jpg

Looks better there. Helmet doesn't look so bad either. Damn those SS prod pics.

Still on the fence here with this guy though.

Deak, are his pants gray like they're supposed to be, or are they light khaki like in all the pics?

Well I decided to bite the bullet and ordered a Helmet from Toy Anxiety (as well as shirt and vest) for my custom, picking the whole figure up via a UK retailer as its cheaper than SSF direct.

Im hoping this, my custom and Antilles will make for a decent set (despite my helmet size reservations)

Ive 2 Tomy rebel Helms here Ill try the spare on the trooper when he arrives but I suspect its gonna be a little bit to small.

The ultimate dream is to create a Space corridor dio and stick 4 - 5 troopers in it, with Vader and stormies battling through a door way

Looks better there. Helmet doesn't look so bad either. Damn those SS prod pics.

Still on the fence here with this guy though.

Deak, are his pants gray like they're supposed to be, or are they light khaki like in all the pics?

I know this is going to sound weird but they are somewhere in the middle of gray and khaki. Depending on the light, but I think they are slightly more gray. And again guys my pics and SSC production pics don't do him justice. In a world of $169 Tohts I think the RFT is a cool figure for the price. I mean come on, they aren't the Endor troops, right?:lol

I must have a different way of seeing than you guys - I can see virtually no difference between the proto and production pics. Maybe the hat looks a little different. But the everything else looks the same.

Perhaps people are trying to justify canceling because of everything shipping at once?

I must have a different way of seeing than you guys - I can see virtually no difference between the proto and production pics. Maybe the hat looks a little different. But the everything else looks the same.

Perhaps people are trying to justify canceling because of everything shipping at once?

I do think its just the harsh light in the new prod pics making the difference...except on that helmet.

RFT-protovsprod.jpg

But it looks the same here as the proto pretty much:

Close to this...

RFtroopers1.jpg

ref1.jpg

Jusr wish the pants were a darker gray, that's all. But I could fix that.

... you have to see them in person to really appreciate the quality. I took a few morning pics to illustrate my point....
IMG_0174.jpg

I always feel that way about these figures...as good as some of the photos are that get posted, nothing compares to having the figure right in front of you to see the real quality.

having said that, you photos are really good, Deak...he looks great.

And I agree with your comment about Praji...he really is pretty cool...the uniform is just so sharp and crisp.

Looking forward to this Rebel now....post more shots if you can Deak.....thanks!

I always feel that way about these figures...as good as some of the photos are that get posted, nothing compares to having the figure right in front of you to see the real quality.

having said that, you photos are really good, Deak...he looks great.

And I agree with your comment about Praji...he really is pretty cool...the uniform is just so sharp and crisp.

Looking forward to this Rebel now....post more shots if you can Deak.....thanks!

I agree JB...He looks great... and I'm very tempted to grab a second one to fit my naked:horror Giles that I used for my Prof. Indy.

Well, I for one think that the shirt collar is slightly different from the prototype which in turn makes the helmet look off. The proto has a lower collar and the production piece is a lot higher but I think some additional water treatment could help. And Dave I am trying to get people to keep their orders, he rocks! :lol Oh and one more thing, the pants aren't nearly as dark as they appear in those stills, but considering they are as gray as say the Hasbro RFT 3.75" figure I would bet LFL said that they are a "light dove gray" and not a dark gray as seen in the film. Either way he works as a cool dolly, come on guys...he's in ANH. I'll try to post more pics with a more slightly tilted helmet. From somebody who actually has him in person he is AWESOME. The helmet is fine, it's the shirt collar that is throwing him off.

Water treatment I believe is a term coined by Dave Myatt of rebelscum.com. He wrote up an awesome tutorial on how to manipulate 1/6th scale clothing by essentially pouring warm water on the clothes themselves. Of course that is it in a nutshell. Be cautious though, you want to make sure all belts/leather type of material doesn't get wet or dunk in water for it can bleed into the material or ruin the belt iteslf.

Ok as promised more pics. Never underestimate the power of kitchen lighting, right Wor-Gar? :lol

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

And my favorite...
IMG_0224.jpg

Back