Rebel Fleet Trooper 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought Hot Toys was the only one helping Sideshow out with these 1/6 figures, but I guess Hasbro helped them out too with this one. :lol

Looks alright. Helmet is off and not sure what happened there. The shirt looks a bit different around the collar as well.

The original helmet is a little small, MY guess is lucasfil told them to make it bigger, and it was made too big, but made it through LFL inspection. :(

The original helmet is a little small, MY guess is lucasfil told them to make it bigger, and it was made too big, but made it through LFL inspection. :(

If that were the case you would have seen that in the prototype pics. This was a screw-up in the manufacturing process. Also, he looks fat now.

I cancelled mine I really liked the proto. :monkey2

Well at least with the new SSC questionnaire they at least know why they will not be getting my $$$ for this.

That helmet does look Hasbro big...:monkey4

Water treatment I believe is a term coined by Dave Myatt of rebelscum.com. He wrote up an awesome tutorial on how to manipulate 1/6th scale clothing by essentially pouring warm water on the clothes themselves. Of course that is it in a nutshell. Be cautious though, you want to make sure all belts/leather type of material doesn't get wet or dunk in water for it can bleed into the material or ruin the belt iteslf.

Thanks. Does it just make the clothing hang better on the figure?

And my favorite...
IMG_0224.jpg

Thanks for the new shots, Deak! I like this one a lot too...

I was just looking at the Antilles prototype and the helmet on him looks like the production RFT helmet. I think the original RFT helmet was more accurate, but I'll wait to have it in hand before deciding that I can't live with it.

I didn't order the figure, but I would be very happy with him, based on Deak's photos. Yeah, the website's new photos look terrible compared to the prototype photos (and even Deak's). But like others have stated, the figure in hand usually looks much better than the photos. I like him better than Antilles, though. I may have to pick him up later down the line!

Certainly not a $70 item to me. I wouldn't mind adding him to the collection at a deeply discounted price.

I actually was commissioned to build the prototype helmet, but noticed on the site that SS remade it by CAD for the final piece. Interesting how these things develop. I have to say, it's nice to see my version was appreciated by ANH fans, I only wish it had somehow found it's way to China! There are always a myriad of departments and opinions these toys go through so I guess that's that with work for hire. However, I still think the figure is nice and the sculpt is damn good; nowhere near old Hasbro levels. I look forward to receiving mine and maybe giving him his old hat back!

Nathan

I would guess that if they opted for a CAD process, it was probably a decision to ensure the best consistency in production.

The bashing on this figure is lame. The helmet is a bummer but it still looks good for what it was and has always been.

The helmet looks huge, but the rest of the figure looks great.

ref1.jpg

Just what the hell is that flimsy helmet going to stop?

Back