Ready to order! -Djas Puhr, Labria, Nikto, Tessek, and Barada

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are additional results of my printer that Ace is using. You can order directly from Ace so he receives more compensation for his efforts. :)

I checked on the 15% off at shapeways again. So far, there seems to be several limitations. However, I think they’re going to run some sort of sale around Thanksgiving. That may help out anybody that wants the low resolution versions of the items. Just remember, the material melts instead of being “sandable”.

77019D28-C532-4DBB-A6C6-868C30D1C78C.jpeg

845B05B4-4083-48FB-A29A-7C6A90AA3AC4.jpeg

F88204C4-23F7-42D6-BB5E-0D5B3F10082E.jpeg

8B4B2D2C-678B-429B-B7EA-A9D8A2A4B1E9.jpeg

^
As always, thanks for the great information.

To make sure everyone knows, I thought I would share these tips again.

Unlike the lower resolution 3-D prints, I am able to use my rotary tool to do the modifications below. I have used the cheaper options previously, and the plastic melts which causes me a lot of problems. I do something similar on many of my custom characters, Including characters from Enaud.

View attachment 433725

Is the 3D print material like resin when you dremel - as in you should wear breathing protection mask etc due to toxicity? I'm always super careful when sanding resin, but not really sure what type of material the print is made of.

Here are additional results of my printer that Ace is using. You can order directly from Ace so he receives more compensation for his efforts. :)

I checked on the 15% off at shapeways again. So far, there seems to be several limitations. However, I think they’re going to run some sort of sale around Thanksgiving. That may help out anybody that wants the low resolution versions of the items. Just remember, the material melts instead of being “sandable”.

View attachment 433810

View attachment 433811

View attachment 433812

View attachment 433813

Thanks for all the info.

Those prints look great. BTW, what brand of printer did you buy, and how much do they cost? When I looked into printers briefly a while ago, the "affordable" ones had print quality that seemed to have the lines noticeably even on the best quality.

Even on the better quality prints I got from Shapeways on these heads there seems to be the lines very faintly visible, though on these type of characters it doesn't matter that much.

^

I always recommend wearing proper safety attire. I wear a mask, safety glasses, a lab coat, gloves, etc. whenever I sand/Dremel this or any other kind of resin. This material starts out as liquid resin that is cured by Laser and UV light.

Here’s the Formlabs Form 2 printer info (I also purchased additional resin, liquid resin containers, etc. and Ace purchased miscellaneous items as well. )

The price is before Germany taxes (I think it was about 20%) and shipping etc.

89A55067-6F30-4709-8AC9-75F63DC938AD.jpg

Here are some examples of the primer that I use:

248871C1-E398-451C-800B-19CE08CF4985.jpeg

Ace says the print quality is absolutely amazing. It prints at 25 µm and one hound was over 5000 layers.

Thanks for the nice comments. :)

Last edited:
I would still Amanaman. Eager to hear what the price would actually be.

He needs his staff too!

He needs sculpting first though... bear with me dudes, I'll get to it in time. Got a few things to do before I can do some more side projects. I even started the sculpt and have the basic shapes ready, but the 80-20 rule applies here.... you get 80% done in 20 % of the time and the last 20% are what take 80% time.

So for orders going forward, do I pm you or Ace?

Since I am trying to help him out so that he has more time for sculpting and his other activities, you can contact me. He is so nice, I’m sure either way is fine though.

Thanks for asking.

I look forward to the success of future projects. :)

Of course, huge thanks to Lopie again and everyone that helped.

To answer a question... I just checked...
I paid about $870 in taxes on my Formlabs orders.

BTW
I have been trying for months to get us discounts at Shapeway without success. This morning, I received an email indicating 15% off your own item you upload. So unfortunately that doesn’t help. Sorry. At least you can order a high resolution version from us (Ace and me).

Thanks for your support.

Hey guys, shapeways is offering a 15% sitewide discount today if you use the code HAPPYMONDAY.

It just applies to your own models. I'm sticking with DarknessPred's prints anyway if it increases what you get.

No, that was last weeks "deal" for your own models, this one is sitewide, else I wouldn't even have mentioned it. But cheers for going with DarknessPreds deal.

Back