Ready to order! -Djas Puhr, Labria, Nikto, Tessek, and Barada

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
houndsfinishedw6dfd.jpg

A whole bunch of rifles and pistols are up now in the 1/6 scale section.

I was going to ask you if I could buy the 3D scan image and give it to you to tweak? The SW rifles are just a tad too big and look off with our figures.

Ace, is there any way you could tweak your Quarren hand sculpt to make it specific to Tessek? They're a bit more uneven/gnarled and less even/cylindrical - as seen in the ref pics below.

Also, it would be great if you separated out the flatter hands from the "gripping" hands so people could buy one set rather than two (currently it's four hands in one purchase; two flatter and two "gripping".) Even if you offered each hand separately as a single purchase if someone wanted a flatter left hand paired with a gripping right hand.

7AZbk7Y.png

Re hands: Sure, I can gnarl them up a bit, will do that these days as soon as I find some spare time.

@Solo: Load them into your dropbox once you have the files and paste me the link via PM, that's the easiest way.

Re hands: Sure, I can gnarl them up a bit, will do that these days as soon as I find some spare time.

@Solo: Load them into your dropbox once you have the files and paste me the link via PM, that's the easiest way.

Aewsome! Can't wait.

After like a month of messing around and back-forth, I will FINALLY be able to post pics of my Squidhead and Klaatu Shapeways heads by end of next week.:yess:

I have some bodies on the way, and have started to assemble the pieces for both customs.

I'm supper excited, have two heads coming in on Tue. I'll paint them up and take pics, I still have clothing to collect for them.

Great, make sure to share pics, that's what makes me happy in the end. Seeing what you guys make out of the sculpts is one of the reasons I enjoy this so much.

Ace, I downloaded and bought some files for blasters. How do I add you to my Dropbox? Not sure on that one.

No need to add me, just upload them to a folder of your choice and right click, then choose copy dropbox link. Paste said link in a private message and I can dl it.

The stars finally aligned and I now have my rescaled Klaatu (Wooof) and Tessek heads in-hand. They are pretty much spot-on size-wise and gorgeous sculpts by Ace.

Two concerns with them (not sure how "concerning" they are):

1. The prints seem to be mostly clear/translucent, but maybe 1/4 to a 1/2 of them have a frosted/opaque, almost powdered look. Is this normal? The earlier one I got seemed more consistently "clean" It almost has the appearance of two types of plastic printed together, though I assume once the undercoat goes on, it will all look as one.

I thought maybe they blended two types of plastic in the 3D print - one for the finer/delicate detail parts, another for the "filler" solid areas?

2. Both heads are 100% solid. The earlier Klaatu head I got (same head, but undersized) was fully hollow. Not sure if making the head solid was determined by the slightly larger size (ie wall thickness etc) of these rescaled heads.

Most excellent work, Ace. Can't wait to order the revised Tessek hands and get these customs started.:clap:yess:

And are there any special instructions painting these printed heads? I was just going to wash them with soapy water, then undercoat with Tamiya spray then paint with acrylics.

Hey there, the cloudyness happens every now and then. However it has no influence on the actual surface and you won't notice once primed. If you let tour prints unpainted for some time they get cloudy even if they weren't before.

As for the solid heads, they are not the most current version. The ones up now are hollow again. However it should be easy enough to dremel into them, the material is quite good to work with. I simply had forgotten to hollow them out after rescaling them and thankfully Steven had pointed it out to me. Sorry for the little inconvenience.

As for painting soapy water and a good primer do the trick and imo acrylics are the best for painting.

I might be a bit slow answering in the next few days as I am moving with my studio and there is a ton of packing/unpacking to do and quite some work to be put into the new location. I'll try to be quick however.

Hey there, the cloudyness happens every now and then. However it has no influence on the actual surface and you won't notice once primed. If you let tour prints unpainted for some time they get cloudy even if they weren't before.

As for the solid heads, they are not the most current version. The ones up now are hollow again. However it should be easy enough to dremel into them, the material is quite good to work with. I simply had forgotten to hollow them out after rescaling them and thankfully Steven had pointed it out to me. Sorry for the little inconvenience.

As for painting soapy water and a good primer do the trick and imo acrylics are the best for painting.

Ah, that explains the price difference. I was just looking at some other alien heads and noticed my already-ordered Klaatu helmet head was suddenly $10 or so cheaper - I'm guessing it was the extra material for the solid head.

Thanks for letting me know about the finishes/paint - I'm assembling outfits/parts right now.:yess:

Back