Ready to order! -Djas Puhr, Labria, Nikto, Tessek, and Barada

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think RO has some of the best alien designs in decades. Two Tubes is, for me, the best alien I've seen since the original Star Wars. I wouldn't know where to begin as far as putting an outfit together but I would love to build/bash that figure for my shelf somehow.

Oh, and I prefer Benthic to Edrio...

tumblr_oppqfo5yZZ1r3v33jo2_540.gif

I agree with this 100% and would also be interested in Benthic sculpt.
Also Moroff, but that’s a whole other piece of custom craziness with that fur suit and crazy backpack.

I will be ordering after the holidays, been busy and distracted. I will most definitely be ordering the updated Tessek hands whenever those get updated and most likely a lot of others.

Yeah, hopefully Ace will have time to tweak those Tessek hands later this month.

I've gotten my Tessek outfit together and will dive into painting the printed head in a couple of weeks.

Has anyone heard from Ace in the past month or so? I was hoping he would have been able to tweak the sculpts on the Tessek hands by January, but I haven't gotten any PM response from him. Would also love to know if there is any very rough timeline for the 1/6 Amanaman he's mentioned.

Does anyone have another contact for Ace other than here? He hasn't been on here in quite some time.

Hey guys, sorry for not dropping by more frequently, I am trying to avoid the internet a bit at the moment to increase my productivity.

If you urgently need/want/are Jedi mind tricked into contacting me, please just drop me an e-mail. I check those regularly, contrary to PMs on several boards, facebook or shapeways. Sorry for the inconvenience...

On another note:
twotubes-edrioyojmm.jpg

I tweaked his ear antennas a bit, so they are looking like the ones on the far right version now rather than the middle one or the left render. The connection bits on his mask have sockets, so you can attach some rubber hose/cable. I had thought about making the segments of the tubes to just slide them over a rubber tube, but decided against it in the end. It would be too expensive to print all the little segments and a crazy lot of work to assemble it. There sure are better alternatives for that, plastic tubes like the ones used for architecture models and scratch building cut into slices would probably be the more economical, easier and more useful solution I reckon.

I also sculpted the chest piece Edrio ( and many other pilots ) wears but don't have a render of it on this PC, so will upload it at a later point. Anyway, it's just a box with a few buttons and switches really.
I am considering sculpting the rifle too, still undecided and not really sure it's worth the time, let me know if you think it is. I just don't want to put one or two days of work into it just to sell two copies in the end.

The head is up on shapeways already and I can print a few here on Stevens printer too.:yess::wink1:

As for the Tessek hands, I simply forgot about them and will try to tweak them once I have some time for it.

Hey guys, sorry for not dropping by more frequently, I am trying to avoid the internet a bit at the moment to increase my productivity.

If you urgently need/want/are Jedi mind tricked into contacting me, please just drop me an e-mail. I check those regularly, contrary to PMs on several boards, facebook or shapeways. Sorry for the inconvenience...

On another note:
twotubes-edrioyojmm.jpg

I tweaked his ear antennas a bit, so they are looking like the ones on the far right version now rather than the middle one or the left render. The connection bits on his mask have sockets, so you can attach some rubber hose/cable. I had thought about making the segments of the tubes to just slide them over a rubber tube, but decided against it in the end. It would be too expensive to print all the little segments and a crazy lot of work to assemble it. There sure are better alternatives for that, plastic tubes like the ones used for architecture models and scratch building cut into slices would probably be the more economical, easier and more useful solution I reckon.

I also sculpted the chest piece Edrio ( and many other pilots ) wears but don't have a render of it on this PC, so will upload it at a later point. Anyway, it's just a box with a few buttons and switches really.
I am considering sculpting the rifle too, still undecided and not really sure it's worth the time, let me know if you think it is. I just don't want to put one or two days of work into it just to sell two copies in the end.

The head is up on shapeways already and I can print a few here on Stevens printer too.:yess::wink1:

As for the Tessek hands, I simply forgot about them and will try to tweak them once I have some time for it.

Are you considering making rebel pilot helmets of helmeted heads? A-Wing, Y-Wing, B-Wing helmets would be fantastic.

Awesome job, Mati! The texture mapping on the leather and stitching are sick! Possibilities for some minor tweaks?
From some of the reference images i've collected the back of the head (circular plug bit) protrudes more as do some of the shell/fins(?) going over the “plug” slightly, and the ear antenna's stick out a little more, maybe another 1/3 that length.

Crap Benthic image but has the profile.
IMG_E1761.jpg

Edrio has the more banged up head but the only image i could find for the back of the head.

DEB720E8-0AE5-479A-9399-F025F9F187A4_zpsij0pdasa.jpg

This is my most desired figure (if you couldn't tell) and it would be amazing if it were just that slight bit more accurate! Thanks!

Man your work is so good! That Edrio is going to look sooooo good!!

I'll totally do some tweaks to it now that I have this reference. I had only one rear view and it was from someones cosplay helmet built, so not the most accurate to start with. I think I'll have it done by tonight if I can make the time.

More to come. Last night I finished Pru Sweevant for Steven, looks funny without his beard. :) And next up will be Pao and the cool alien blokes from the fifth element, really looking forward to those!

I would be very interested in the rifle! Custom building one will be a task but if there is low interest then that’s what I’ll have to do.
Shot you an email as well, Mati

Which one of the rifles? I found two different ones. Both very similar but one has a second tube underneath the barrel. There is a pic of Edrio and Bentic both standing and holding a single barrel rifle each and there is a picture of one of them sitting with a two tubed rifle in hand.

Back