Ready to order! -Djas Puhr, Labria, Nikto, Tessek, and Barada

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More reference photos… The one in the middle was a rough draft version. While I was out on extended travel I estimated measurements and was wrong.

A7128427-0B40-4295-9087-E0EFF8289770.jpeg
762CE41B-5CE1-457B-B4B4-1542AC0B2622.jpeg

Hey guys.

Mati mentioned that someone was asking him about making an Amanaman which would be an amazing sight and a dream come true. I loved that figure!

I've been toying with the idea of making larger figures in 1:6 scale; Like Hermi Odle or an Ephant Mon figure. It could work with a standard body but using the forearms, shins and feet from something like the Momaw Nadon Sideshow figure. But the heads would be so huge it would probably have to be made of light weight vinyl or compressed foam or something. Maybe a light plastic roto cast? But I still think it might be way to heavy.

Just wanted to see what you all thought of the idea.

-GMG

I would 100% be in for a 1/6 Amanaman and Ephant Mon.

The funny thing is that they aren't as big as I always thought they were - so makes them easier to produce. I remember when the newer Hasbro version came out Hasbro mentioning that Amanaman especially was about a third smaller than people assumed he was.

I was the one that was talking to mati about a 1/6 AMANAMAN well at least it caught some attention which is good. I`m down for one if it could be made.

I hope this becomes a reality to have a AMANAMAN in 1/6. heck I would take the jumbo version of him from gentle giant if they made it.

Count me in for Amanaman. I asked him make a Dr. Evazan.

Evazan would be great. Walrusman/Ponda has the issue - in terms of warranting the cost of the head - of it being nearly impossible to match that orange jacket and have it look good (not a fan of the Sideshow Luke ceremonial jacket - really doesn't match well at all) whereas Evazan just has some rough clothes that are pretty easy to do.

I actually wouldn't mind a Wuher - not sure I've ever seen a custom of him - though not sure he'd be a popular choice.

^
No, they are like little statues.

With some work, I imagine Amanaman could be slightly articulated.

Yeah, just the same basic arm articulation the hasbro fig had would be enough (I think just a couple of spin joints.) But I'd be fine with no articulation at all.

I have a feeling Amanaman would sell a whole more than you'd think - he's a perfect Jabba backdrop for the new Sideshow set, is probably the most unique alien in the SW universe, and he also has that "rare" POTF sheen to him.

I really like this thread. Thanks again.

I know Mati keeps very busy, but could we use this thread to show a Star Wars want list to tackle as he has time? That might be even better than our private messages. I will still send him all the references I gather to help out if I can.

For example, I know it would be expensive*, but I would love these in 1/6 scale. He could have two different pose options.

Solo Hound 2.jpg

Solo-1.jpg

Gif:
https://twitter.com/ilmvfx/status/993963218799214592?s=21

* Please keep in mind, although expensive through Shapeways, unfortunately he doesn't get as much percentage as I think he deserves. :)

Last edited:
Those doggies are awesome, I will totally have a go at them at some point! Love the figures you've shown Steven. Although those little Smegheads should keep their greasy hands off of Kryton, they'll just stain his lovely rubber face!
Using this thread as a wishlist ( preferably with pics :D ) is more than fine with me, that makes it a lot easier than to track down and answer loads of private messages over shapeways.
Since the aliens mentioned earlier already exist I'm not sure it makes sense to sculpt them again. My time is very, very limited at the moment and I don't want to be spending it on things you can already get somewhere else, specially if the heads don't get ordered in the end like the helmet. Each head takes quite a few hours to get sculpted and prepared for printing, so I have to manage my time carefully. I'm already barely sleeping :D

As for Amanaman, I think some basic articulation should be very doable. I can make the parts so they have pegs and can be inserted into cavities in the body. It won't be as articulate as the figures you guys are used to, but some basic moving points should be no problem really.

It would be great if you lot could help me out with a bit of reference material, I was searching for pics of the staff weapons the Klaatu and Nikto used on screen, but all I found was pics of the old Kenner stuff from the 80s or some relatively unusable blurry pics from the movie.

As for the shapeways cut I get, unfortunately that's true. The cut of the sales of the heads to you guys is just enough to take the missus and the kiddo to mcdonalds for some burgers.

^
Thanks so much. LOL. I Heart Kryton, too.

Although I think more people will buy heads as compared to the more expensive Amanaman, I found some reference pics. Sorry if you already have them. :)

42e84b98765b0db0e34d1aab52a690d1.jpg
Amanichron.jpg
amanaman-hc-2.jpg
SWPOTFAmanaman_A180204Small.jpg

Placed my helmeted Klaatu order.:yess:

Are there any hands available for the Niktos or Klaatus (which I believe have the same hand type in the movie)?

People have used predator and cantina band hands in the past, but they are harder to find nowadays.

This is a close-up ref pic for the Klaatu Skiff guard hand style:

rphqPaI.png

Back