Media Read Dead Redemption 2 (October 26th 2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I discovered that when I came upon a random body by a burned up town. It’s perfectly set up for an undead nightmare expansion. The real-time decomposition would be interesting to see play out during matches. I’m hoping for some kind of in-depth story though.

Love this game to death. I spent my first 40 hours or so stuck in chapter 2, just roaming around and hunting, discovering things too early, that sort of thing. Great fun. I thought the sheer number of cosmetics and pelt crafting options was overwhelming at first, and didn't like it, but as you get more money than you know what to do with and explore more it becomes manageable. It's nice that there's a use for pretty much any animal you want to hunt and skin, even if it's just a new trophy for camp. I love that I have to know the map pretty intimately to hunt different kinds of animals, and that the bigger legendaries present a real threat if you hunt unprepared. The little stores Rockstar tells with locations and items are wonderful too.

If you haven't already, check out the frozen lakes in the northwest (I won't tell which), and give Window Rock a really good look. There are at least two very interesting things hidden around there. And post about how you reacted to the Catfish Jacksons :(

Last edited:
I discovered that when I came upon a random body by a burned up town.

I found a burned down cabin where it appears a cult burned themselves alive, thinking they would come back in the year 2000. It was accompanied by an ominous music cue.

It was part of the side quest to track down debts. I had to go pull some guy's treasure chest out of a hole in a tree.

Has anyone completed the story? Without spoiling anything can you tell me how much of the game I can continue to explore after the stories over and if any missions get locked out?

I finally got to chapter 3 on Friday. I kind of want to get through the story a little quicker due to all the spoilers out there but there’s just so much to do and see, I’ll have evenings where I end up making no progress at all.

I finally got to chapter 3 on Friday. I kind of want to get through the story a little quicker due to all the spoilers out there but there’s just so much to do and see, I’ll have evenings where I end up making no progress at all.

Me too, i just started chapter 5 and wanna get through the story. I know way too much already thanks to youtube video titles.

Finished the main story last night, now in the epilogue.
Experienced a glitch that didn't let me progress near the end. Reloading checkpoint and even mission didn't fix. Had to die enough that the 'skip checkpoint' option came up and let me skip past the glitch.

Finished the main story last night, now in the epilogue.
Experienced a glitch that didn't let me progress near the end. Reloading checkpoint and even mission didn't fix. Had to die enough that the 'skip checkpoint' option came up and let me skip past the glitch.

bummer! i have not gotten any of the glitches about some characters not being at camp during the first chapters of the game and i hope i dont run into any, i just started chapter 6 and the story is getting very interesting.

Back