Media Read Dead Redemption 2 (October 26th 2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Read Dead Redemption 2 (Fall 2017)

And be honest, Marston was a pretty generic Eastwood pastiche. That can be cool but we've been there and done that

lol I couldnt get Jason Lee out of my head. Their voices were so similar
my-name-is-earl-jason-lee-hope.jpg

I always thought if a sequel was made it'd be his son to be the next protagonist, I guess that's impossible tho

I think it'd be great if a Marston showed up in GTA. Just some bumbling insurance with a gambling addiction who owes money to every crook in town and doesn't even seem like he would be part of that bloodline or something. :lol I think that's one of the most interesting things about RDR is that Jack isn't a very compelling protagonist, but the thing of it is that I don't think he's intended to be. When he's a kid, he's kind of reserved and bookish. He was never meant to be a Cowboy, whether John wanted it or not.

And I think that's why everybody hates Jack so much. Because he is a pretender. When John wore that hat, it was earned. In blood, in hardship; he was a cowboy through and through because that was his life, and when he dies, that's the final nail in the coffin of the West. You see the industrialist expansion and the dirt roads and small towns being paved over with cities of brick and cobblestone, and you know that this is all coming to an end, but there's a degree of romanticism to the stories of men and women who lived their lives trying to tame the American frontier and while they succeeded and progress was the victor in all of this, you could argue that their hardship defined their experiences and, in creating a world free of that, they paved the way for mundanity.

At the same time, if you were to ask these people who had to face outlaws, natives, dysentery, tuberculosis, wild animals, and all manner of things trying to kill you, I'm pretty sure most of them would trade it for a job in tech support with full benefits any day of the week.:lol

I had just seen that. Quite impressive visuals. Undoubtedly, it will clean house next year with awards.

I'm a bit disappointed by the delay but, dear God, those two screenshots alone are some of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. I can't remember the last time I was looking forward to a game this much.

THEY'll just have to make it up to us by providing some good quality high end figures :lecture

Hell yes! :clap

Beautiful shots; I cannot wait for this and would rather they took as long as they needed to make it perfect. I love Red Dead to bits but a reskin of the old one wouldn't cut it, because so many games have taken up the 'open-world game with ambient challenges' formula since RDR came out. But I trust Rockstar to do something awesome.

One thing I've noticed is that a couple of their images, including the first one released, show a line of horsemen. Maybe it could just refer to a crew of bandits or other allies like in RDR, but I'm hoping they're doing something interesting with multiple protagonists like in GTA V. Maybe even co-op.

By the way, I'm surprised at how well the first game holds up. I started a new game recently and it's very easy to notice the graphical roughness and performance issues, but the game itself is very impressive even seven years on.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

If you've been playing Rockstar games this long, you should be more surprised if there's not a delay.:lol

I'm fine with a delay if it means better gameplay or more content. The screenshots look GREAT! :clap

So, Spring 2019 on PC?

:thud:

I'm fine with a delay if it means better gameplay or more content. The screenshots look GREAT! :clap

When it comes to Rockstar, I really couldn't give a **** about delays. Time and again they deliver a polished, quality experience. If they were delaying stuff and it was turning out ****ty, then I might have a problem, but it's Rockstar, and that may as well be an impossibility.:lol

Last edited:

When it comes to Rockstar, I really couldn't give a **** about delays. Time and again the deliver a polished, quality experience. If they were delaying stuff and it was turning out ****ty, then I might have a problem, but it's Rockstar, and that may as well be an impossibility.:lol
:goodpost: I agree. Yeah I really wanted the game to come out this year but I'm sure the delay will be worth it. Anyway in the meantime, I can play and still enjoy the first Red Dead.:)

:goodpost: I agree. Yeah I really wanted the game to come out this year but I'm sure the delay will be worth it. Anyway in the meantime, I can play and still enjoy the first Red Dead.:)

I mean, I just consider that it's been 7 years since Red Dead Redemption came out. Now, we have a (tentative) release date, screenshots, a trailer, and probably more on the way from E3. The hard part's over. Any "delays" we're subjected to, now, are gravy compared to that wait.:lol

I hope its still mainly a single player game. The group shots are making me think this is going to be a multi player experience for some reason.

As for who the main character is, it would be cool if it was his son. A good way to explore a character that has divided a lot of fans.

Back