Media Read Dead Redemption 2 (October 26th 2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Read Dead Redemption 2 (Fall 2017)

I demand this gets released early and buggy !!
Where do I pay for my exclusive premium collectors early access beta tester pass?

:goodpost: I agree. Yeah I really wanted the game to come out this year but I'm sure the delay will be worth it. Anyway in the meantime, I can play and still enjoy the first Red Dead.:)

Once this game comes out I will finally be upgrading my system! Been playing through the first game on PS3 again. Just made it into Mexico and put on the poncho :wink1:

It is long over due! I hope they smash records with this next instalment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DKVUK6gXUAAYZ9b.jpg:large

I don't buy collector's editions as a rule but I might be tempted to break that rule with RDR2. The anticipation is killing me.

I don't buy collector's editions as a rule but I might be tempted to break that rule with RDR2. The anticipation is killing me.

I do not usually either, the one ones I have recently done is Ni No Kuni 2 and Wolfenstein 2. If RDR 2 does something truly unique as those I will be stoked.

I do not usually either, the one ones I have recently done is Ni No Kuni 2 and Wolfenstein 2. If RDR 2 does something truly unique as those I will be stoked.

Especially if there's some sort of statue included, regardless of its quality (to my knowledge, statues included in collector's editions are typically poor in this regard). Rockstar seldom licenses memorabilia in that vein and I'd be thrilled to have something related to RDR on my shelf.

Rockstar Games said:
The story of outlaw Arthur Morgan and the Van der Linde gang as they rob, fight and steal their way across the vast and rugged heart of America in order to survive. Coming Spring 2018 to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One systems.

Last edited:

Yeah, releases like this really drive the PC elitists insane as it actually makes for a legitimate reason to own a console, lol. They will likely get a release, a year down the road tho. Personally, my motto has always been to support all of the platforms. You just can't go wrong when you have access to all of the games that come to market! As for Red Dead 2, can't wait. Am a tiny bit bummed its not technically a sequel as I think they could have done something really cool with a sequel, but an all new story is all good as well. In all honesty, Rockstar really didn't need to make another game ever again as GTA V will likely still be in the top 10 selling games 10 years from now. The amount of money that game has made is just insane.

I don't think R* could do much with a sequel as Redemption's story ended at a time when the wild west was coming to an end. If anything a prequel makes more sense.

And I'll be in the minority here but I didn't enjoy GTA V as much as SA and 4. Very good game overall but it was just missing something that I can't put my finger on.

I don't think R* could do much with a sequel as Redemption's story ended at a time when the wild west was coming to an end. If anything a prequel makes more sense.

And I'll be in the minority here but I didn't enjoy GTA V as much as SA and 4. Very good game overall but it was just missing something that I can't put my finger on.

Yeah, 1911 was way late in the game. Really, the only way they could keep with the whole Western/Rural thing after that is if they just turned it into a neo-western and followed Appalachian Bootleggers in the 1920s or something of that sort. Otherwise, the only real way to go is backwards. I’m wondering if we’ll get multiple protagonists this time around, as it does seem to be heavily following the whole “gang aspect.” That’d be a hell of a surprise if we got to see John Marston’s return as a playable character and they kept it under wraps.

For me, I actually think it would be kind of cool to see the evolution into the character that we know and love, so, perhaps, when we meet him, he’s nothing like the family man trying to find meaning and atonement that we saw in RDR. A young, ruthless outlaw who’s fiercely loyal to Dutch and who buys into this way of life without question, as it’s all he’s ever known.

Most times prequels wind up sucking, but that’s something that I actually think would be pretty ballsy. Because we’re always hearing about the “****ed up ****” characters have done in the past in movies like Unforgiven, but you never actually see that, for fear that it might make the characters unsympathetic. I just think it’d be interesting to see the degradation and eventual disbandment of the Van Der Linde gang, as well as exploring Marston from a different perspective.

Last edited:

Exactly what I was thinking, Arthur Morgan could be a great character in his own right but I'll miss John no matter what. It'd be great to see John really let loose like he threatens to all the time in RDR "I'll put a hole in your hillbilly head and watch your tiny brain drain out." It's possible that John will just pop up at the end, maybe be a mention and little else but I hope we get to see him again at some point. He's my favorite video game character!

Exactly what I was thinking, Arthur Morgan could be a great character in his own right but I'll miss John no matter what. It'd be great to see John really let loose like he threatens to all the time in RDR "I'll put a hole in your hillbilly head and watch your tiny brain drain out." It's possible that John will just pop up at the end, maybe be a mention and little else but I hope we get to see him again at some point. He's my favorite video game character!

Rumors suggest that John Marston is a playable character later in the game

Arthur Morrigan is soooo reminding me of Sheriff Longmire right now. Thats way better than John Marsden though whose voice was so insanely similar to Jason Lee from My Name is Earl. Cant wait for this game!!!! Hey maybe Lou Diamond Phillips will be a playable character :horror

longmire.jpg

omg I just realized the girl in this also looks like Katee Sackhoff also from Longmire. So awesome lol

IMG_7295.JPG
IMG_7296.jpg

shoot, now I'll really be looking for Lou Diamond Phillips :rotfl

Back