Re-Release of Sideshow Snake Eyes?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep telling yourself that.... :nana: ;)

Hey, doesn't matter to me, 'cause I've got my Timber either way.

I just think those of you hoping for Sideshow to release a new one are dreaming - re-releasing accessories like that just isn't their style. Nam's right, I think.

We'll obviously see soon enough, or whenever the next 12 inch SE is revealed. Odds are we're getting a new wolf (not a reissue, a brand new sculpt) based on SSC's reply on the official site and SilentSurfer's confirmation. I'm more inclined to believe that SSC is breaking precedent rather than totally misunderstanding questions directed to them or outright deceiving us.

in the Q and A ,someone asked about a cartoon Timber coming with the next 12" snake eyes....they replied...'high possibility'

I really doubt Sideshow cares if people bought the slab of wall display with timber....not too many bought the piece anyways, unlike the vendors who bought most of them and are stuck with them trying to clearance them out

We'll obviously see soon enough, or whenever the next 12 inch SE is revealed. Odds are we're getting a new wolf (not a reissue, a brand new sculpt) based on SSC's reply on the official site and SilentSurfer's confirmation. I'm more inclined to believe that SSC is breaking precedent rather than totally misunderstanding questions directed to them or outright deceiving us.

Because that's never ever happened before. :lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol

Just recently, Dusty stated the Hobgoblin was to scale with the rest of the Spider-Man coms then several pages later had to post a retraction. Aside from that, Han & Luke in Stormtrooper disguise and their intentionally misleading forced perspective photography, not a single shot of Flint with the beret off, among plenty other examples. :monkey1

Because that's never ever happened before. :lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol

Just recently, Dusty stated the Hobgoblin was to scale with the rest of the Spider-Man coms then several pages later had to post a retraction. Aside from that, Han & Luke in Stormtrooper disguise and their intentionally misleading forced perspective photography, not a single shot of Flint with the beret off, among plenty other examples. :monkey1

No kidding, eh?

And those were examples of actual marketing/advertising. To be quite honest, it's probably much more likely to happen in something like a Q&A session, where some customer relations type might just be making an error based on lack of knowledge or other some such reason...

Not sure what to think of Silent Surfer's post, but it's not exactly very detailed or clear, either.

Bottom line is, Sideshow still have Recons to sell. Timber's a BIG selling point for that set, and as long as they've got so many in stock, why would they eliminate that?

The irony in his post is Sideshow never made a V1. The one they've done so far is a Bradstreet inspired V2. :lol

Hehe, you know what I mean, V1 of Sideshow's release. I am for sure getting the second release but having multiples of the same guy is usually not what I do when collecting. Have to set some boundaries or I'll go broke. I don't mind multiple troopers and etc. but not the main characters. This figure will most likely bend the rule for sure.

Last edited:
Hehe, you know what I mean, V1 of Sideshow's release. I am for sure getting the second release but having multiples of the same guy is usually not that I do when collecting. I don't mind multiple troopers and etc. but not the main characters. This figure will most likely bend the rule for sure.

I like how it shows the evolution of a character over the years. Of course, anything after V2 of Snake Eyes, with the exception of Resolute, would be devolution. :lol

Hehe, you know what I mean, V1 of Sideshow's release. I am for sure getting the second release but having multiples of the same guy is usually not what I do when collecting. Have to set some boundaries or I'll go broke. I don't mind multiple troopers and etc. but not the main characters. This figure will most likely bend the rule for sure.

I know what you mean about boundaries, but man is it tough to keep to them sometimes with so much cool stuff coming out! My boundary is that I only collect statues or figures that pertain to things I liked in my childhood and luckily growing up in the 80's G.I. Joe was one of em. :yess:

If anyone is looking for a Snake Eyes, I ended up with two Snake-Eyes (1 ex and 1 reg) and I'm gonna let go of my reg one soon in the commerce section of the forum. The ex I customized and the regular one I never took out of the box. Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone whos looking, it'll be up in the next few days.

Back