Re: New Doom PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirby Hulk 4 lyfe :lecture

I totally respect what Kirby did for the comic industry and his place in it. That said, I was never a big fan of his artistic style. I grew up with and much prefer artists like John Buscema, John Byrne, and George Perez. I want a modern take on the classic HULK already.

Don't mind the necro post, everyone... :wave

37298570096_605609c812_k.jpg

Great pic! That is what this statue had the potential to be with the right styling. It asked the collector to do so and not everyone is as creative about futzing. Here's my pose I was actually quite proud of at the time. I still have him facing off against Thing PF

20160703_222339.jpg
20160707_203407.jpg

Nice pics everyone. IMO, this is one of sideshow's underrated PFs. Doom looks so good but if you don't take the time to futz with his cape, hood, and tunic, he can look pretty bland. It took me awhile to set him up the way I wanted to, but it was worth the effort.

Working on reposing the cape to the right (his left)...

I almost wish he had an articulated head :lol

(sorry for poor quality phone pics)

741783c8f59dabf161d075cc81096b10.jpg

641c4375cb217e8c265acb2aa19c09fd.jpg

Slowly getting there, takes some time and patience to look beautiful. Loving this guy. Only thing I wish, and others have mentioned it before as well, is that he was a little bit bigger to appear as if he was a man in an armored suit. In my mind, except for the height, he's more proportioned as in between a 1/4 and 1/5 scale statue, feel the arms and legs and body should be "thicker" and have more mass. For example in the above post next to the Loki PF, I feel Doom should be much bigger and more massive when they look to be about the same build.

9973f9d5612fd50e1cd5f6be11a00bda.jpg

f6b42fafe31aa1b098117e7981dc1837.jpg
59bd280a1d4455b9fdeef05470509c7b.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I love the pose of the cape there. REALLY nice job. It makes it look more dynamic.

I'm feeling like I might need Doom in my collection one day. I can't decide if I want this or the OG PF.

I love the pose of the cape there. REALLY nice job. It makes it look more dynamic.

I'm feeling like I might need Doom in my collection one day. I can't decide if I want this or the OG PF.

Thank you. You should, he's only like one of the best Marvel villains EVER.... :lol :yess:

This version you can get for retail or less, it's not that popular and the ES was high, people either don't have the patience with the cape or just suck at it so they prefer sculpted but I personally love to futz around and pose it, it's fun for me. I'm hoping there will be a new updated one from any one of the major companies (Sideshow, Prime 1, XM), would love to get one that's more massive and truer to scale.

Thank you. You should, he's only like one of the best Marvel villains EVER.... :lol :yess:

This version you can get for retail or less, it's not that popular and the ES was high, people either don't have the patience with the cape or just suck at it so they prefer sculpted but I personally love to futz around and pose it, it's fun for me. I'm hoping there will be a new updated one from any one of the major companies (Sideshow, Prime 1, XM), would love to get one that's more massive and truer to scale.

I'm hoping for an updated one as well. I'd like to see XM put something up for grabs. I'd love to see what they can do with him.

Back