Re: New Doom PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks Filip!

I find the Pose ability to both be frustrating and a cooler feature of a PF. Do these wires snap over time ? I remember having wires like that in things before and they would eventually snap . These used on statues might be much better quality then whatever I'm remembering.

This statue really makes me want a Kang for some reason.

I really hope they make a Comic Magneto with a pose cape!

Thanks Pilip!

I find the Pose ability to both be frustrating and a cooler feature of a PF. Do these wires snap over time ? I remember having wires like that in things before and they would eventually snap . These used on statues might be much better quality then whatever I'm remembering.

I don't really know about the quality of the wires but I futzed with mine for a couple of days and they seem to be holding up with no problems. Now that he looks the way I want him to, I have no reason to mess with the wires. I can't see why they wouldn't hold up over time. Especially since I'm basically done moving them around.

Thanks Filip!

I was thinking the same. I wouldn't fuss with it too much though and you shouldn't have a problem.

Looks like this is sold out. Took long enough , this is a great piece.

They overestimated the demand on Doom and made too many of them. They did the same with the modern Thor PF. They actually cut the ES on Thor and wanted to do the same with Doom, but there was some kind of mix up and the ES remained the same. Either way, I think Doom himself turned out great. I just wish SSC put a little more effort into the base. I have the EX and I think it looks fantastic.

Agreed. To this day I still have no clue what that base is supposed to represent, it's so generic it could be anything :lol

Has anyone ever done a custom base? I have the PF, and don't mind the shape of the base, but my one nitpick with this piece is the paint job on the base. It's so boring.

Looking for a extra head for my ultron on the throne, ant head

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Congrats on receiving Doom IP. Those are some cool pics you took. Keep futzing with his cape and hood until he looks the way you want him to. It takes some time but it's worth the effort. Everyone's Doom looks a little different based on what is done with the cape and hood. That's one of the things I find amazing about this piece.
Agreed, I have seen about 20 Dooms and they all look a little bit different depending on how the cape is positioned. One of my favorite pieces in the collection.

Back