Re: New Doom PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If anyone gets a damage damaged cape, can you please email me! Haha

This is a great statue. Just opened mine to inspect and I have no complaints.

This is why I insist that a proper metallic finish is a must, on this kind of characters. Painting green shades is just dumb when you could actually paint the armor like metal, and the paint would reflect naturally the green of the cape.

just got back from my motorcycle trip and Doom was waiting for me in my office...quickly unboxed him and set him up

the cape is going to be a b"ch to get right...but it seems very pliable so it'll just take some patience

the paint app is very clean (but tbh, a little dull)
really nice detail on the belt, holster and cape medallions
both heads look excellent...can't decide which i like better
i prefer the gun in holster but the EX will be a nice change of pace every once in a while

imho, the medallions should have had strong magnets...would have helped in securing/adjusting the cape
heads should have had much stronger magnets as well

the base is the weak link for this PF..it is so blah...only good thing i can say about it is that it virtually disappears when looking at the statue...the original rock base would have been SO much better (too bad)

overall i'm very pleased though
since i've never been a fan of the original PF, i'm very happy to add this Doom to my collection...fits in very well

a quick iphone pic (sorry for quality and lighting)

View attachment 200477

now back to futzing with the cape

I love your setup but I can't help to mention your Galactus statue. I recently got him from my LCS and also nabbed the Bowen mini Thing statue. I was wondering how the other three look with him. Could you post another picture?

Anyone having issues with him wobbling? he doesn't seems to fit solidly into the base, and I can move him side to side a bit.

Anyone having issues with him wobbling? he doesn't seems to fit solidly into the base, and I can move him side to side a bit.

I claimed to have an issue five pages back. The pegged foot wouldn't go all the way into the hole. I took him on and off again about 6 times. So worried about damaging paint or shattering a leg. So I got it in as far as I could. Then with just my finger tips pushed the pegged leg into the whole very very hard. It moved a bit at first, then eventually it went all the way in. Just took a lot of pressure. In the Sideshow video it goes in so smoothly. But yeah, with the proper manuevering it went all the way in now.

The best part is the price considering the Doom throne price now :horror

I could have bought Doom at retail or slightly above many times after he was released. I've actually been collecting for quite a few years. My issue is I don't like the throne statue. Never have, never will. If I had known the aftermarket price on it would rise to what it is today, I would have bought one (or two)...strictly to flip them. I have no interest adding the throne PF to my collection. This recent PF is the one I like and want to display. I'm more than good with this PF representing Doom in my collection.

I could have bought Doom at retail or slightly above many times after he was released. I've actually been collecting for quite a few years. My issue is I don't like the throne statue. Never have, never will. If I had known the aftermarket price on it would rise to what it is today, I would have bought one (or two)...strictly to flip them. I have no interest adding the throne PF to my collection. This recent PF is the one I like and want to display. I'm more than good with this PF representing Doom in my collection.

I love the doom on throne. I like this as well.

Just got word that Doom will be available for pick up from my local dealer this week. That's mega fast! Usually there's a month or so between the first releases from SS and dealers overhere getting it. Didn't even know the regular was available.

Regular is available and with the ES bumped from 2000 to 3000, lol, gg.

People who bought it cares that's who.

But of course you believe Sideshow are the greatest company in the world and can do no wrong so this deceptive edition size increase is completely fine to you.

You should work in politics or public relations, whenever there is a government scandal you can just cover it up and tell everyone it's no big deal and post that who the hell cares family guy pic.

I love your setup but I can't help to mention your Galactus statue. I recently got him from my LCS and also nabbed the Bowen mini Thing statue. I was wondering how the other three look with him. Could you post another picture?
inho, they look great together
a couple of really quick shots so you get the idea of scale...

FF.jpg

FF1.jpg

hope that helps :)

But of course you believe Sideshow are the greatest company in the world and can do no wrong so this deceptive edition size increase is completely fine to you.

You should work in politics or public relations, whenever there is a government scandal you can just cover it up and tell everyone it's no big deal and post that who the hell cares family guy pic.

As a collectibles company they just have to be better than that. It's indefensible...but some will try anyways.

In Ink's defense, it's a little too much to fit "Oh my God, who, aside from someone who doesn't really just love statues rather than the act of collecting or the monetary rewards collecting might bring, cares" on a meme.

As a collectibles company they just have to be better than that. It's indefensible...but some will try anyways.

I bought it I don't care. If SS didn't notify people and allow anyone who ordered to cancel and get their NRD back then I would agree with you BUT they did. I don't see your point seeing as how you don't have to buy it and if you care so much you suffer no penalty by canceling your order. So in the end you lose nothing. Indefensible is if they never told anyone. Indefensible is if they told people and didn't allow them to cancel. By all means though please tell people how they think SS is the greatest and they should be a politic and what SS did was indefensible. hqdefault.jpg

inho, they look great together
a couple of really quick shots so you get the idea of scale...

hope that helps :)

That does look pretty awesome, shadowfax. I wonder if those FF statues are just glued to their bases or not. If they are, it would probably look even more amazing having them sit directly on the Galactus base. Of course, you'd be destroying the mini statues, but I would do it if I knew they would come off their bases without breaking the actual statue.

Back