Re: New Doom PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Size is better than expected (as is the whole statue), but I still think he should be bulkier. From the pic in the previous page, you can see he's more or less as massive as Cap. I'd expect Doom to be a bit larger than that, the tall base and wide cape also make him look bigger.
Overall very nice, btw. Sculpt is solid.

I know you (and others) had your reservations about this piece but now that I have it in hand, I gotta say, it really is a good looking PF. For anyone who wants a 1/4 standing Doom in their collection, you can't go wrong with this piece. I agree with you on the sculpt. It really does look good. I LOVE Ray Villafane's work. I hope there are more PFs coming with Ray's name attached to them soon.

Not stirring the pot here but with all the base talk what would you use instead? The castle facade has been done a few times already so I don't think that's a good route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

count me in...if anyone hears news of this please post

A great custom base would be the slumped body of mr fantastic...since apparently we are never getting proper f4 pf's

I don't mind the base tbh but I understand why people would want something different. Whoever mentioned an infinity gauntlet or cosmic cube custom are onto something. I would gladly pay for one or both if available.

So my WL converted and I am so happy and last night as I am going to sleep I was thinking about it and the slumped mr fantastic was in my head and then it hit me. This is my idea for the base. Something to represent each of the F4 defeated a big scorch painted on the left side of the base by the back foot, a thing hand/foot on the base or just little pieces of orange rock scattered on the floor of the base, a F4 suit stretched and under dooms front foot and draping over one side or his left hand, the only one I haven't thought of yet is Invisible woman. What would represent her good? I think this could be Epic once al the details are worked out. What do you guys think? s

I think the figure on this Doom is a dramatic improvement over the original. Just the swap out portraits alone make it better IMO. Add the standing pose, the EX gun hand, adjustable cape and hood, and all the little details (added to the leather belt, gun holster, the metal cape holders)....this Doom figure soars above all others. The original PFs base runs circles around the new one but as I've said before, the figure is always what is most important to me. Either way, there's now two 1/4 Doom statues for everyone to choose from. I have the one I want in my collection.

The best part is the price considering the Doom throne price now :horror

You could have her layed out infront of him...

Of course you wouldn't be able to see anything :wink1:

f6b8e0a7eab977a098c9f4906e56353e24a3da8d6ea364284017f120dac38afc.jpg

I know you (and others) had your reservations about this piece but now that I have it in hand, I gotta say, it really is a good looking PF. For anyone who wants a 1/4 standing Doom in their collection, you can't go wrong with this piece. I agree with you on the sculpt. It really does look good. I LOVE Ray Villafane's work. I hope there are more PFs coming with Ray's name attached to them soon.

I (gladly) admit this is looking much better than I expected. Considering recent price hikes, it also looks like a bargain now... only issue I have is that Doom is my favorite comic character. As good as the statue is for the price, I couldn't settle for this and need to have it repainted and a custom base done. That would be very expensive and my main gripe is that for that money I could buy the (inevitable) custom someone will make sooner rather than later.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

The exclusive arm on mines is too bright and shiny (or am I being picky?). Think I will be keeping the regular displayed.

Other than that though, the statue is amazing. The cape gives it so much presence.

View attachment 201074View attachment 201075View attachment 201076

The exclusive arm on mines is too bright and shiny (or am I being picky?). Think I will be keeping the regular displayed.

Other than that though, the statue is amazing. The cape gives it so much presence.

I definitely see a difference in color - you sure it's not the lighting?

I wouldn't let it bother me, but maybe worth asking SSC about - see what they can do (i.e. replacement?)

I definitely see a difference in color - you sure it's not the lighting?

I wouldn't let it bother me, but maybe worth asking SSC about - see what they can do (i.e. replacement?)

Definitely not the lighting unfortunately. The exclusive arm on mine just seems to be one colour of paint, no shading or blending of different colours. I won't lose any sleep over it, just won't display that arm. I love the statue overall though.

View attachment 201074View attachment 201075View attachment 201076

I'm going to check mine out later. But I just went and looked back at all of the pics posted so far. Seems like everyone has a lighter forearm with the gun hand. I can see it is more silver looking in every pic when compared to the upper arm.

I think the figure on this Doom is a dramatic improvement over the original. Just the swap out portraits alone make it better IMO. Add the standing pose, the EX gun hand, adjustable cape and hood, and all the little details (added to the leather belt, gun holster, the metal cape holders)....this Doom figure soars above all others. The original PFs base runs circles around the new one but as I've said before, the figure is always what is most important to me. Either way, there's now two 1/4 Doom statues for everyone to choose from. I have the one I want in my collection.

True that.

Why do these people never talk? :lol

The sideshow assembly video seems more helpful. It does seem like everyone's EX hand is on the brighter side. Doesn't seem to much of an issue on a lot of them, but do you think sideshow will replace if the contrast is as great as the one pictured in the previous page?

Why do these people never talk? :lol

The sideshow assembly video seems more helpful. It does seem like everyone's EX hand is on the brighter side. Doesn't seem to much of an issue on a lot of them, but do you think sideshow will replace if the contrast is as great as the one pictured in the previous page?

Really? I see the difference in shading in everyone one of them except for one picture. Even in mine. None of them are as drastic though. I just compared both my hands and there's a difference as well. Again, not as drastic.

Not sure if sideshow would replace. Worth a shot to ask!

Really? I see the difference in shading in everyone one of them except for one picture. Even in mine. None of them are as drastic though. I just compared both my hands and there's a difference as well. Again, not as drastic.

Not sure if sideshow would replace. Worth a shot to ask!
It might be that it is in the shadow of the cape, but yeah, I would definitely ask them about it. Hope you get one with less contrast :wink1:

Doom wouldn't really defeat the invisible woman, he would take her as a queen lol

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgYeah I may send Sideshow an email with the pics to see what they say. Will post back when I get an answer.

Here's a couple of pics of where I have mines just now. Steals the show.

Back