Re: New Doom PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If someone did a custom castle base i would be so IN.

Also a Tony Mei cape without the wiring.

By the way my Ex converted. Ordered on July 20th for those wondering.

If anyone makes a custom cube, gauntlet or base for this Doom, share the love and let me in lol

A lot of people are talking about the base. I think it looks decent and could increase in quality simply with a paint job or something. Giving the indents a grate look or something. The statue looks like it came out fantastic though!

I love this statue but the magnets on the heads are weak on mine. Im pretty concerned about it as when the hood is on it already fell over once but I got lucky with no damage. The modern head magnet seems a little weaker than the classic head. Not sure if SSC would do anything about this or not though.

Here's what you can do. Use some silly putty or any kind of kids putty, roll it into a BB sized ball and place it on the head where the magnet is. Place the head on the body and push down until the head is fully seated, then remove. The putty will tell you what gap you have to play with between the head and body magnet. Then get these

NEODYMIUM
RARE EARTH MAGNETS

that are all over eBay and get the magnets you need. Dooms head will probably take a 1/2" diameter, 1/32" thick magnet. Just put one in between the two magnets on your PF. I bought a bunch of the 1/2" x 1/32" and 1/4" x /32" magnets and they work for most applications. I do this on all my PF's/Comiquettes that have magnets and it makes the bond super strong. Plus it'll save you the sick feeling of something falling off and breaking.

Last edited:

Here's what you can do. Use some silly putty or any kind of kids putty, roll it into a BB sized ball and place it on the head where the magnet is. Place the head on the body and push down until the head is fully seated, then remove. The putty will tell you what gap you have to play with between the head and body magnet. Then get these

NEODYMIUM
RARE EARTH MAGNETS

that are all over eBay and get the magnets you need. Dooms head will probably take a 1/2" diameter, 1/32" thick magnet. Just put one in between the two magnets on your PF. I bought a bunch of the 1/2" x 1/32" and 1/4" x /32" magnets and they work for most applications. I do this on all my PF's/Comiquettes that have magnets and it makes the bond super strong. Plus it'll save you the sick feeling of something falling off and breaking.

The link didn't work for me, but thanks for the great info! I will probably do that to my Hawkeye bow hand!

NEODYMIUM
RARE EARTH MAGNETS

Great idea! Thank you, i'm going to try this out. :goodpost:

The link didn't work for me, but thanks for the great info! I will probably do that to my Hawkeye bow hand!

Just type in the name of the magnets he mentioned in Ebay and youll get your results. I just purchased the 1/2 x 1/32 magnets.

Last edited:

just got back from my motorcycle trip and Doom was waiting for me in my office...quickly unboxed him and set him up

the cape is going to be a b"ch to get right...but it seems very pliable so it'll just take some patience

the paint app is very clean (but tbh, a little dull)
really nice detail on the belt, holster and cape medallions
both heads look excellent...can't decide which i like better
i prefer the gun in holster but the EX will be a nice change of pace every once in a while

imho, the medallions should have had strong magnets...would have helped in securing/adjusting the cape
heads should have had much stronger magnets as well

the base is the weak link for this PF..it is so blah...only good thing i can say about it is that it virtually disappears when looking at the statue...the original rock base would have been SO much better (too bad)

overall i'm very pleased though
since i've never been a fan of the original PF, i'm very happy to add this Doom to my collection...fits in very well

a quick iphone pic (sorry for quality and lighting)

doom 2.jpg

now back to futzing with the cape

Great idea! Thank you, i'm going to try this out. :goodpost:

Not a problem my friend. I have a few of 'em on my Rhino EX head, I have felt the pain of breakage......

Fixed it. Thanks!

Last edited:

Mine should be arriving in Australia next week, I hope he looks better in person because so far I have only really liked one photo I have seen of him

Not stirring the pot here but with all the base talk what would you use instead? The castle facade has been done a few times already so I don't think that's a good route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A great custom base would be the slumped body of mr fantastic...since apparently we are never getting proper f4 pf's

Back